Home

Rewards for re-winning RTTP

This is a discussion on Rewards for re-winning RTTP within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rewards for re-winning RTTP

I recently saw someone bring it up on the forums, and thought of what could you get as a reward for re-winning RTTP.

I remember NTBF had a video about this but i cant find it.

Anyway, personally i didn't beat rttp, but there are a lot of people who did, and this is my thought:

First re-beat: Permanent +1 Attribute boost for a player of your choice.
Second: One UNSELLABLE badge of your choice.
Third: One UNSELLABLE non gem player of your choice
Fourth: One UNSELLABLE non diamond player of your choice
Fifth: One pink diamond of your choice.
Sixth and onwards: Between 50K and 150K MT each time you beat it, not sure about the amount.

What are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rewards for re-winning RTTP

I think, those rewards maybe a bit too generous
Old 06-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

20-25k MT each time you beat it.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
Banned

I think people are overestimating the ability of players. On a forum you're talking to the 30-40 die hards. Out of millions of users.

You should hand out packs with a gem player (can be any sort of gem, completely random) plus about 50k MT. At the very least.

If not, I had an idea (which I thought was pretty good) to have blank pink diamond cards/empty slots in the collection menu as they do now. But have it as a silhouette of a diamond. With 4 points on it (shape of a diamond).

Each 4 point represents a challenge you need to complete, as you complete them the point lights up pink. When you've completed them all you unlock the PD card.

Keep it to historic players only. That way you can get PDs without locker codes. But 2k keeps their precious locker codes for current/active players as PDs.

So for example

Pink Diamond Chris Mullin
- Win X games in RTTP with Steph in your starting 5.
- Complete ALL Warriors collections (current and historic teams)
- Win first seed in RTTP for first time.
- Complete X challenge (random challenge 2k releases, could be an all time warriors squad or something).

Pink Diamond Isiah Thomas
- Complete RTTP for the 2nd time.
- Complete ALL pistons collections.
- Complete X challenge.
- Win X games in RTTP with Rodman in your starting 5.

Pink Diamond Olajuwon
- Complete RTTP for the 3rd time.
- Complete ALL Houston collections.
- Complete X challenge.
- Win X games in RTTP with Kenny Smith in your starting 5.

Pink Diamond Jerry West
- Complete RTTP for the 4th time.
- Complete ALL Lakers collections.
- Complete X Challenge.
- Collect 800 cards.

Pink Diamond Larry Bird
- Complete RTTP for the 5th time.
- Complete ALL Celtics collections.
- Complete X Challenge.
- Collect 1200 cards.

This way people have more to play for. Everyone can get pink diamonds even if they aren't LeBron or KD etc.

Ideally I would ditch PDs or have all of them in random item codes where it isn't first come first serve. But neither of those things are happening.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
Rookie

For the record, I think rewarding people who go through RTTP more than once is a bad idea. We know a ton of die hards are going to fly through it in the first week or so of release. Then you're going to reward them with OP players to make their second run easier? Or MT to purchase better players? The big influx of players that come in at Christmas time and after are going to be at a severe disadvantage from the get go. They'll just be putting together a team that will get smashed by OP teams in the unrestricted seeds by people that are on their third or fourth run through.

Why not make rewards for going through Domination more than once? Something where everyone will have a level playing field because they will be playing against the same teams that everyone else is. They won't have to live in fear of an all pink diamond line up. They can build up the rewards and then take the built up team to RTTP. I know this way won't eliminate us having to play those crazy teams, but at least we will all have the same opportunity to build our teams up to combat them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Winning 10 out of 12 games definitely deserves a reward.

The game rewards people with a lot of MT and players like Sapphire Yao Ming for completing challenges, that are far more easier to do than winning 10 out of 12 games against human opponents.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Yeah, I really like the idea of domination being expanded in any way. There's just not enough challenges where I can use an unrestricted lineup. Sure it would need to be on superstar or HoF, but these 2-3 gold challenges are absolutely ridiculous.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 06-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
Pro

Here's my vision of how i'd like the mode to evolve:

1. Keep rttp. Of course like i always say they should at the very least have 2 separate rttp's (1 with realistic restrictions, 1 unrestricted or less restricted).

2. After you beat seed 1 you'd enter the playoffs which is 3 rounds. You'll have to win 4 out of 7 each round. Rewards could be anything, i was thinking a silver (70-79ovr) of your choice for the 1st two rounds and a gold (80-89ovr) for the third, but a certain amount of mt would be fine as well.

3. Once you've won the first 3 rounds you'll make it to the finals, again 4 out of 7, and this time you get to pick any "platinum" card (platinum = 90-99ovr).

4. Maybe, and i know a lot of people will hate this next idea, but maybe for those who want it the game could give us a choice once we win the finals. The choice being: either we pick the platinum card OR we pick a card of our mycareer player. Obviously only implement this idea if the game has proper attribute caps based on position AND height in mycareer next year, i don't want to see any 7' gods either.

5. I'd like more customization for MY team so once you beat the finals you'd unlock online tournaments where the prizes are the ability to create your own logo, jersey, court, maybe even mascot. This wouldn't be mandatory just a nice extra for those who'd like that option.

6. After that you can start rttp over on your customized court while wearing your own jersey and logo. AND you can use your mycareer player if/once the lineup restrictions allow it. If you play against someone using their myplayer you get like 30-60 seconds extra in the pause menu to take a look at the attributes, badges, etc... so you know what you're up against.

7. Once you've unlocked your mycareer player's card the game could unlock a separate tournament where the prize is an upgraded emerald version of that myplayer card. Because, as you all know, our myplayers get better over time. If you have multiple myplayers you can simply pick another myplayer card once you win the finals again. However, we shouldn't be able to put more than one of our myplayers in our lineups just like we can't put multiple versions of lebron, jordan or anyone else in our lineups.

EDIT: i forgot the most relevant part, rewards for rttp. I wouldn't limit it to the 1st seed though. Maybe 500mt each time you beat seed 8 and 7, 1000 for 6 and 5, 2500 for 4 and 3, 5000 for 2 and 10000 for seed 1. Something like that, although that's probably a bit optimistic, 2k would never give us that much.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 06-23-2015 at 06:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »