Home

Need suggestions for a "tall and talented" team.

This is a discussion on Need suggestions for a "tall and talented" team. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Need suggestions for a "tall and talented" team.

I've recently gone with finding tall players at each positions, and I must say, I am having more success than ever on just plain winning and grabbing boards. Anyway, I love a good combination of height and skills. Here's my line-up

PG- Gold '91 Magic Johnson (6'9)
SG- Gold Paul George (6'9)
SF- Ruby '90 Larry Nance (6'10)
PF- Gold Dirk Nowitzki (7'0)
C- Silver '97 Shawn Bradley (7'6)

I'm satisfied with this as a starting 5, but I'm lacking depth on the bench with Gold LBJ and Gold Durant. Who are some good players to pick up? I can think of Gheorge Muresan, Shaun Livingston, and maybe Eaton. A guy like Yao is going to be out of my price range for a while so I'm not too crazy about that idea yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Re: Need suggestions for a "tall and talented" team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I've recently gone with finding tall players at each positions, and I must say, I am having more success than ever on just plain winning and grabbing boards. Anyway, I love a good combination of height and skills. Here's my line-up

PG- Gold '91 Magic Johnson (6'9)
SG- Gold Paul George (6'9)
SF- Ruby '90 Larry Nance (6'10)
PF- Gold Dirk Nowitzki (7'0)
C- Silver '97 Shawn Bradley (7'6)

I'm satisfied with this as a starting 5, but I'm lacking depth on the bench with Gold LBJ and Gold Durant. Who are some good players to pick up? I can think of Gheorge Muresan, Shaun Livingston, and maybe Eaton. A guy like Yao is going to be out of my price range for a while so I'm not too crazy about that idea yet.
Get the Sapphire Yao, all you need are 5 sapphire players to do the challenge.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
Get the Sapphire Yao, all you need are 5 sapphire players to do the challenge.
I forgot to farm the 25k collections before they were patched on my main account, so I never got around to get the free sapphires early on. I have 3 in Chandler Parsons, Archibald, and Lenny Wilkens. Do you know 3 of the simple collections I could do? I'm thinking Heat and Wizards shouldn't be too bad.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I forgot to farm the 25k collections before they were patched on my main account, so I never got around to get the free sapphires early on. I have 3 in Chandler Parsons, Archibald, and Lenny Wilkens. Do you know 3 of the simple collections I could do? I'm thinking Heat and Wizards shouldn't be too bad.
You can do the lakers challenge for George Mikan, and get sapphire Beal from the Wizards.

Or Sapphire DeAndre from the Clippers who is a beast.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #5
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I'd highly recommend sapphire Jrue Holliday at backup point. He's super athletic, 6'6", and has a nice release. It also helps that the Pelicans and Warriors collections are extremely cheap if you plan on going for Yao. You couldd do the Heat, but Luol is absolutely worthless.

Most importantly, do the diamond Durant collection. He's basically a pink diamond, and you already have the two most expensive players in the collection (KD and LBJ).

You could probably pick up Ruby Scoring Dirk (99 post fade) for around 10k as well.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 AM   #6
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
I'd highly recommend sapphire Jrue Holliday at backup point. He's super athletic, 6'6", and has a nice release. It also helps that the Pelicans and Warriors collections are extremely cheap if you plan on going for Yao. You couldd do the Heat, but Luol is absolutely worthless.

Most importantly, do the diamond Durant collection. He's basically a pink diamond, and you already have the two most expensive players in the collection (KD and LBJ).

You could probably pick up Ruby Scoring Dirk (99 post fade) for around 10k as well.
I've noticed Jrue Holliday is really good because I have all the sapphire 2015 rewards on my farm accounts. Also, in order to complete the diamond KD collection, do you have to get the best gold on every 2015 team? I thought I heard somewhere that there were exceptions like Rubio. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #7
Pro

Nice Lineup. I also play Magic (86), Dirk (Onyx) and Shawn most of the time. You could also pick up Schrempf (6'10'') he is cheap and one of the best shooters. Give him aditional Deadeye, Limitless Range and Volume Shooter badges and the guy really rocks on offense.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:52 AM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstruso
Nice Lineup. I also play Magic (86), Dirk (Onyx) and Shawn most of the time. You could also pick up Schrempf (6'10'') he is cheap and one of the best shooters. Give him aditional Deadeye, Limitless Range and Volume Shooter badges and the guy really rocks on offense.
I'll look into Schrempf for sure. And I also had Onyx Dirk, but I weighed the balances at the time and figured selling him for 3 guys (gold LBJ, gold durant, gold Dirk) was a far better trade off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »