Home

sometimes we forget to appreciate

This is a discussion on sometimes we forget to appreciate within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
sometimes we forget to appreciate

ok
I begin saying that I was playing FIFA for many years, have also won Div 1 in FUT ther, have also win it this year. I got bored because it seemd like a mindless turbo ping-pong this year.

So I started playing NBA 2k for first time. It started of as a revelation for me

After 7 months that I am playing almost exclusively 2k (have a 9-19 job) I went back a bit to FIFA.

This game requires no thought at all.

It is really a game vs a sim compared to 2k.
Yes 2k has cheesers and issues, but it requires some thinking at least. You need some basic baksetball thinking.

NOTHING like that is required in FIFA. You just press turbo and mindless passing.

This doesn't mean that game does not need improvments.

It is just that there is so much hate for 2k where are much worse games out there from same cash grabbing companies...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Re: sometimes we forget to appreciate

Yeah, I don't understand most of the hate that 2k gets. It's by far the best basketball game ever made, and the graphics and gameplay are fantastic. MyTeam is a very deep mode with lots of customization and variety. Ronnie and LD even do a great job heading up the social media aspect of the community. It also is sim enough where if you don't run good offensive and defensive strategies you're probably going to lose.

With all that being said, I do not agree in the slightest that FIFA requires no thought haha. If I ever play somebody that doesn't understand the basic offensive mechanics of soccer I will beat them by 5 goals. Soccer is a lot more complex of a sport based off it's fluidity and buildup required to score a goal. I also agree that EA are equally as fiendish of money whores in FUT though. It's really just the day and age of microtransactions combined with the American microwave culture of having a good team now. Basically, all games nowadays have post-launch DLC or microtransactions involved. We can't expect them to get any better, because the developers are getting paid whether a small band of people boycott them or not.

I highly expect NBA Live to be another bust this year, but look for them to go extremely light on the microtransactions to convert some people over.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 06-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
MVP

You can understand that FIFA is only pace drivn by the fact that you still see various Ibarbos and Doumbias in starting 11 of super expensive squads, just abusing the pace. Super strikers like Cavani are rarely used because they are not fast enough. People choose to have a super fast defender while cb like Vidic would never be used due to pace.

I won't argue that fifa vs CPU requires skill and thought, but in FUT if you have basic understanding, all you need is a pacy team.

Games finish like 6-4, 7-5.

Anyway, I got bored after 5 wins 1 draw and 1 loss, but this post was not intented to hate FIFA, I have spent hundrends of hours and it is far more difficult to win Div 1 and I am kinda proud to have ( Coca Juniors for ever) but I just wanted to point out that despite the flaws 2k produces good basketball game. Having said that Fifa 15 for my taste is far worse than Fifa 14.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I got super into Fifa 12 UT and my squad was very pace dependant but I ever played a game where me or the other guy scored more than 4 a piece. They must've broken the gameplay somewhere along the road. My best card was an in-form Theo Walcott with 99 pace that cost me over 100k. So proud that I hustled 100k from selling contracts haha.

Granted, I've hustled far harder on myteam this year and am rich AF for spending no real money. Spend way more time in the AH and simming for VC than playing.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 AM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

If 2k decreases the % probability of open shots on 2k16, I think RTTP would actually be fun. There's nothing fun or realistic about having my BIGS missing every shot that has contact under the rim, while the opposition gets an open jump shot that will drop 90% of the time. The last update got it right for contested jumpshots for sure, but boosting uncontested jumpshots was unnecessary and foolish. It feels like I'm playing NBA JAM 16 instead of a sim game at times.

All that out of the way, and I think 2k did a fantastic job on the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Gameplay in MyTeam is nowhere near sim, its a shootout mini game . Got to seed 2 and got completely bored of how shooting j's is superior to anything else on offense.

Moved to play online quick ranked for a bit and having a blast. SS difficulty, sim sliders, nerfed shooting ratings and no superteams (compared to what you play against in MT) makes it all so much better.

Makes me sad of how much MyTeam mode could be better with some tweaks and adjustments
Old 06-26-2015, 04:05 AM   #7
MVP

Once again, my original intention was not to show how good myteam is.

I was the first to comlain about Patch 4 and people were defensive like I was crazy.

I am just comparing two similar type of games, and in comparison NBA 2k is fare superior.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:30 AM   #8
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Once again, my original intention was not to show how good myteam is.

I was the first to comlain about Patch 4 and people were defensive like I was crazy.

I am just comparing two similar type of games, and in comparison NBA 2k is fare superior.
I've played fifa 13 ut only and it was better than current 2k my team because it had bronze/silver squad only online tournaments and weekly themed online tournaments (like french league players only), also I had much less problem dealing with game mechanics abusers there than on nba 2k15. Biggest problem is that gameplay felt like 1.5x faster than normal because getting 100 chemistry on team (which is like mandatory playing online vs others) boost players ratings too much.

Comparing gameplay is not much relevant, if you simply like soccer more you may also like fifa more than 2k anyways and vice versa. In both games you have to overcome gameplay flaws to enjoy online modes imo.

Last edited by Vroman; 06-26-2015 at 04:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »