Home

Old 07-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1300 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
What he said^
dang...it never really crossed my mind about newbies since the new game will be coming soon. I play the AH and 10k is easy for me to get. I can get that in about an hour or two. I didnt mean 10k literally though, I meant like a small percentage. It could be $4-5K. Newbies can play a couple domination games and sell off what they have and get 4-5k. Trust me, anything $3k and below you dont even have to advertise on here, its getting sniped regardless. Snipers filters are set for that.

I havent really been on at the times to check for any of the players you had that I dont have....but I would be very interested to know and not to mention happy for anyone here on OS who can grab one of your cards.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:13 PM   #34
Banned

If most people sniping are now searching for 3k. Should I put the cards up for 3100?

When I was sniping I only ever set it to 1000. But I was sniping golds and that was months ago. The game has changed haha.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I play the AH and 10k is easy for me to get. I can get that in about an hour or two.
@synistr Could you please explain how you do this? I have been playing for months and always seem to lose MT in the AH. Could you please PM me or something?

Thanks

MVP: Star Wilt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #36
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
dang...it never really crossed my mind about newbies since the new game will be coming soon. I play the AH and 10k is easy for me to get. I can get that in about an hour or two. I didnt mean 10k literally though, I meant like a small percentage. It could be $4-5K. Newbies can play a couple domination games and sell off what they have and get 4-5k. Trust me, anything $3k and below you dont even have to advertise on here, its getting sniped regardless. Snipers filters are set for that.
1st, it is hard for a newbie to make 5k it takes about 3 games of domination and then sell you have to sell everything you get, the AH is completely messed up.

It maybe easy for you to make MT but not for actual newbies most of the guides I have seen all say the same thing "play the AH" which is a lot easier when you actually know what you are doing but no one seems to be willing to take a minute or two and explain what types of cards we should be going for, or how much profit we should aim for. Even though the game is almost 10 months old I cannot find a decent guide to the AH, most of them just explain the basics like how to search and the tax taken off. Or just don't work like put 500 min/max buyout and buy all golds that show up (no gold players have shown up in my 2-3 hours of refreshing).
Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #37
QNo
MVP

I stopped playing the AH, but about two weeks ago I had lots of time on Thursday and turned 250k into about 750k. I'm not sniping or anything, just buying cards that are up cheap, selling them back later. I started with badges and injury cards, then moved on to cheap Onyx and Rubies (on days they drop), then mid-priced ones, then expensive ones. There's really not much to it, you just have to pick cards to watch and buy them when they're cheaper than usual. Months ago I kept watching expensive silvers and bronzes after I already learned some of their prices when doing the Diamond KD collection.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adf098
1st, it is hard for a newbie to make 5k it takes about 3 games of domination and then sell you have to sell everything you get, the AH is completely messed up.

It maybe easy for you to make MT but not for actual newbies most of the guides I have seen all say the same thing "play the AH" which is a lot easier when you actually know what you are doing but no one seems to be willing to take a minute or two and explain what types of cards we should be going for, or how much profit we should aim for. Even though the game is almost 10 months old I cannot find a decent guide to the AH, most of them just explain the basics like how to search and the tax taken off. Or just don't work like put 500 min/max buyout and buy all golds that show up (no gold players have shown up in my 2-3 hours of refreshing).
it defeats the purpose to tell your exact methods. I was sniping about a month after the game came out. then eventually, somebody felt they needed to put everything on youtube and twitch. money still can be made but there is an art to everything and you have to find your own methods that work for you.

I can give you basics though. as QNo said....

there are certain "rare" cards in the game. just check the AH, see how much quantity you have for a particular card and the price. if there is a low quantity, buy...even if you dont need and especially if it is cheap. they will be in demand and someone will buy. I buy cards and sell at 3-4x the price.

a good strategy is buy rare cards that are cheap that tie into a collection reward. badges and injury cards are easy flips. buy on TT and weekends...then sell during the week, especially nights when people are on. these are just a few tips, I will gladly PM you more. I can usually start with 1500 and build that into 10k in about 30-45 min. Once you get about 4500 then you are good because you can then buy Ruby/Onyx players and flip them.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adf098

its not hard at all, once you know what to do. if you play 2 domination games, thats enough to get you started right there. if you get any good badges out of there you can sell those for a good profit. all you really need is 1500 to start and you can get that from selling two silver players or putting a decent silver player up on AH.

man, being that the market is screwed, it is sooooo easy to excel at this game quickly. I have about 7 accounts because I love Domination and the challenge of building a collection quickly. I started a new one about 5 weeks ago and I have a great collection. win a couple domination games and start buying cheap golds. a good domination game can net you 1000MT and thats not including the rewards. PM me if you want more tips.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
If most people sniping are now searching for 3k. Should I put the cards up for 3100?

When I was sniping I only ever set it to 1000. But I was sniping golds and that was months ago. The game has changed haha.
yeah, you are really out of touch, lol. 3100 is better but still too close in snipers cross-hairs.

most people set filters to:

Gold cards
Ruby cards under 5k
Onyx cards under 3-4k
and a few other filters

when I started sniping about a month after the game came out....nobody really was up on it. I remember one Sat morn I sniped gold bron and kd in the same refresh and both were worth over 40-50k at that time.

its extremely difficult to snipe now unless you sit there all day....even still in the past week, I missed on 3 gold Brons at 500 but managed to snipe one. I sniped a gold KD, Ruby Frobe (2nd one I sniped). thats not bad considering the vultures out now. so there is no chance someone from OS will get one of your cards at 1300, not even me.

one time I saw 6-8 ruby cards at once...MJ, Drex, Karl, etc....I didnt get not one of them.

I would take a vote here to see what is a reasonable amount but I would say a minimum of 4k. I will help some of these newbies get their MT up in the meantime. PM me guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »