Home

Enough is enough. 2k16 MT Difficulty need to be Superstar/Sim From the START

This is a discussion on Enough is enough. 2k16 MT Difficulty need to be Superstar/Sim From the START within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

In the pro (And im even willing to call it rookie) Stages of this game, this game is a huge laughing stock. it rewards poor shooting Choices and just Straight freestyle Chucking.

fortunately as the game and you progress forwards you move up in difficulty and what not. but then if you are in seed 1 and for some reason you have to face a guy under seen 5. you have to play on you current difficulty (Superstar/HOF?) while the other guy gets to play in his hand holding game mode (rookie/ pro) how the hell can that be fair?

im hoping that 2k does this and we actually see a difference in how "basketball " is played in this game mode. cause in its current status. its really a joke lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: Enough is enough. 2k16 MT Difficulty need to be Superstar/Sim From the START

I wouldn't anticipate much change at all for 2k16 myteam quite honestly. As much as I agree with what you said, it's still a business. Since the population is 85% cheesers on MyTeam, and if you force them to play on a higher difficulty, they're more likely to turn away from the game mode, thus not forking over their dollars for VC to buy packs.

Play a regular quick match with standard teams online and you'll feel much better about yourself, I do that all the time! About the only problems you'll encounter are the cheesy scoring animations of super players like Durant, Lebron, Paul George, etc.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Re: Enough is enough. 2k16 MT Difficulty need to be Superstar/Sim From the START

I feel you on this. I'm in seed and I play against players in seed 5 with Onyx JET or Jameer or B. Free and the rest of their team Gold and all they do is zig zag and hit contest fadeaways while I move the ball for open looks and I get rewarded with bricks.

This game requires 0 basketball knowledge. Even with the way attributes are done. People can come down the court and go baseline to just warp and kick down my defenders. Then on the next possession they can run down and drain contested 3s with players who are/were bad 3point shooters IRL (80s MJ, Clyde, Dominique, etc)
Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
Pro

Yup, i have two accounts: one in the 1st and the other in the 5th. Winning is infinitely easier in the 1st seed (i use pretty much the same team in both seeds), other than those game where nothing works which i suppose could be playing against someone on a lower difficulty like you said. I hate the lower seeds: no turnovers when dribbling aimlessly in traffic, less deflections on dumb passes, reverse baseline dunks, zig zag is more effective, etc...

Btw didn't we just have this thread about a week ago? But yeah, unfortunately, like cowboyfan said don't expect them to change this.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Low difficulty settings is the root of all the gameplay problems with MyTeam. I agree this mode needs a fixed difficulty setting SS/SIM or HOF/SIM. RTTP being the worse, what's the logic behind rookie/pro setting in the earl seed? You're limited to bronze and silver in them seeds but these guys play like top gold cards because of the rookie/pro settings.
Another major issue is the imbalance when facing player from different seeds. RTTP is supposed to be a competitive mode, why are we playing vs ppl on deferent difficulty settings.
Play With Friends has to be the most frustrating parts to me. It clearly on pro difficulty. Why not give up the option to choose game settings like quick match Play with friends. Let us pick the difficulty, game style and quarter length.
They are giving the casuals their gamemode, the gauntlet is tailored made for them. Let RTTP be the competitive mode it's supposed to be with fixed difficulty settings.

XBL Scramz B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Low difficulty settings is the root of all the gameplay problems with MyTeam.
This, so many times this. I'm somewhat optimistic that they're changing this, since it's been brought up a million times and it looks like they've put a decent amount of work into 2k16 MT from what I can tell right now.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
Pro

iJayBoogyBoogysszs's Arena

all online games should be HOF SIM in my opinion
Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

If 2k16 don't have custom settings (difficulty, quarter length, and game style)for MyTeam play with friends MyLeague online is defiantly the move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »