Home

When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed your in?

This is a discussion on When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed your in? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
Rookie

BruhBruh's Arena

OVR: 0
When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed your in?

^^^^^^^^^ lmk guyz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed yo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruhBruh
^^^^^^^^^ lmk guyz

Once you reach the 5th seed you can get matched up against players from the 5th-1st seed.

XBL Scramz B

Last edited by Scramz718; 08-09-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed your i

You can assume the seed of your opponent by looking at their highest level sapphire reward. If they have a Westbrook, you know that they completed the 1st seed. If they have a Curry, you know they at least beat the second seed. Same thing with PG13 and Wall.

They may or may not be at the assumed seed you think they're in, but their cheese level usually shows based on the highest sapphire rttp reward they have.

I apologize for sounding very ignorant, but for me, this has just been the MyTeam experience this year.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Re: When you play myteam Road to Playoffs is every opponent from the same seed your i

No. You play against opponents in seeds 5 through 1. I've heard that you and your opponent play on two different difficulties if you're not in the same seed though.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
You can assume the seed of your opponent by looking at their highest level sapphire reward. If they have a Westbrook, you know that they completed the 1st seed. If they have a Curry, you know they at least beat the second seed. Same thing with PG13 and Wall.

They may or may not be at the assumed seed you think they're in, but their cheese level usually shows based on the highest sapphire rttp reward they have.

I apologize for sounding very ignorant, but for me, this has just been the MyTeam experience this year.
I beat RTTP without cheesing to do it. I've noticed that teams with Jameer Nelson, B. Free, and Lillard are the cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
Pro

I still haven't seen any evidence of this supposed playing of other seeds. I just see a lot of people assuming someone's in a lower/higher seed because of their lineup.

Quick question: This is pretty much my standard lineup, guess what seed?
Spoiler

It's a great (well, it should be but not by 2k mycheese standards unfortunately) lineup but if you're being honest you'll think it's at best a 3rd/4th maybe even 5th seed lineup... wrong. I recently swept the 1st with this one, not that i never lose (i got knocked down to 2nd today, had some key injuries, tried some new players) i'm just trying to say that you can hang in the 1st without all those 99's. In the 1st and 2nd seed i've used bronze lineups as well (obviously i didn't win a lot of those games) and every combination of "crappy" lineups you can think of, most with pretty good success.

The point is you can't just assume what seed someone's in by looking at their lineups, i'm sure i'm not the only one who likes trying a couple of non 90+ players instead of just relying on an overly stacked team and letting the ratings carry me because every player can do pretty much anything.

Now, even if we do play different seeds, i haven't seen any evidence at all of opponents playing on different difficulties. We've all had those games where you miss your WIDE open looks and throw 10ft chest passes out of bounds while your opponent gets every offensive rebound, dribbles through your defender's body, knocks people over, no foul hacks you on a layup, somehow throws passes into a crowd without turning it over and generally making all kinds of heavily contested shots/layups. Well, at some point i started to believe in this theory so a couple of times when i had "one of those games" i asked my opponent what seed they were in and, low and behold, they were all in the same seed as me.

Now i'm sure someone will claim there's an equalizer for teams with lower overalls... Last time it was "golds and silvers play on a lower difficulty than gems". Whatever fits the narrative i guess...
Old 08-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #7
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I still haven't seen any evidence of this supposed playing of other seeds. I just see a lot of people assuming someone's in a lower/higher seed because of their lineup.

Quick question: This is pretty much my standard lineup, guess what seed?
Spoiler

It's a great (well, it should be but not by 2k mycheese standards unfortunately) lineup but if you're being honest you'll think it's at best a 3rd/4th maybe even 5th seed lineup... wrong. I recently swept the 1st with this one, not that i never lose (i got knocked down to 2nd today, had some key injuries, tried some new players) i'm just trying to say that you can hang in the 1st without all those 99's. In the 1st and 2nd seed i've used bronze lineups as well (obviously i didn't win a lot of those games) and every combination of "crappy" lineups you can think of, most with pretty good success.

The point is you can't just assume what seed someone's in by looking at their lineups, i'm sure i'm not the only one who likes trying a couple of non 90+ players instead of just relying on an overly stacked team and letting the ratings carry me because every player can do pretty much anything.

Now, even if we do play different seeds, i haven't seen any evidence at all of opponents playing on different difficulties. We've all had those games where you miss your WIDE open looks and throw 10ft chest passes out of bounds while your opponent gets every offensive rebound, dribbles through your defender's body, knocks people over, no foul hacks you on a layup, somehow throws passes into a crowd without turning it over and generally making all kinds of heavily contested shots/layups. Well, at some point i started to believe in this theory so a couple of times when i had "one of those games" i asked my opponent what seed they were in and, low and behold, they were all in the same seed as me.

Now i'm sure someone will claim there's an equalizer for teams with lower overalls... Last time it was "golds and silvers play on a lower difficulty than gems". Whatever fits the narrative i guess...
I can't confirm the difficulty part, but I can confirm that I play people in different seeds. I've sent messages to my opponents asking them which seed they were in. Just last night I played a guy who begged me to let him win because he would drop back to the 6th seed if he lost.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
QNo
MVP

I've seen screenshots of the cheatengine that shows that the 2 teams in RTTP play on different difficulty settings. That you play different seeds is obvious, especially on PC where the player pool isn't that big. I've also played people I know were in seed 4/5 when I was in seed 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »