Home

Worth pushing collector level over 1600 cards?

This is a discussion on Worth pushing collector level over 1600 cards? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Worth pushing collector level over 1600 cards?

Whats good guys,

I hope you can help me on this decision. Thing is that I've been waiting a long time for those dynamic packs to boost collector level, but i'm a bit pissed because I got like 4 dynamic players out of 20 packs maybe.
Now that I almost reached Dumars Reward at 1600 cards, i'm thinking of selling most of my cards, because it's another !700! cards until Diamond Stockton. I think that this is crazy concerning how hard and expensive it is in terms of pushing forward from this point.

What's your opinion here? What are the pros and cons of keeping/selling?

At the moment I'd say I keep my main squad along with the best golds/silvers/bronzes (maybe in case of challenges), but maybe you have some argument to change my mind. Thanks in advance!

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Worth pushing collector level over 1600 cards?

Don't bother with the dynamic packs. I bought about 20 too and got 2 pathetic dynamic players and no good others to auction. What a joke! You only have a "chance " at a dynamic card. Well 2k has no chance at getting me to spend money for a chance. Pathetic how greedy they have become. Just let us play the game so we can get the collection rewards. There's no way to acquire all the players you're going to need at this rate.

Really you're far better off waiting until long after release to get the game. The auction prices are way cheaper, full game is released, and packs will actually probably give you a real player you need.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Banned

How much money you guys are spending to have 1000 plus cards? Lol, I'm still at 185 😐
Old 10-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
MVP

I'm just over 1300 cards at this point and wondering the same thing. But I think it is way to early to give up. The dynamic packs just came out and the game has only been out a month. Prices will go down. Dynamic cards will be a lot more common in a month

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Pro

You better stick to your plan. Current card prices are at the bottom atm, selling now wouldn't be wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

I'm at about 1100 cards myself, haven't decided what I'm going to do once I get Sampson. I lean towards slowly picking up more cards as they get cheaper.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I'm not sure if the prices will go down big time within a month. It looks like 2K is loving mixed packs politics: you have a "chance" to pull historic or dynamic. without garantueed historic and dynamic players I doubt anything will change. even the good amethysts constantly stay around 100k or they even tend to rise. I should have bought a Stephen Curry for 80-90k...now he is going for 115k+ (i'm on PS4 though)

and honestly, closing the gap between dumars and stockton is probably around 1.4 Million MT.

For that amount of MT I just rather have a Amethyst Melo and have 2-3 insane future TBT/FBF releases instead of having a Diamond Stockton.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Just wait until the dynamic cards come out in packs. That market is going to crash hard once the packs come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »