Home

No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP

This is a discussion on No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs down No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP

Every single game it's just people turbo spamming every play, over and over and over again. The restricted seeds of MyTeam are 9999999999999x more fun than the open seeds because people actually play basketball instead of "playing a video game" with broken transition AI in order to win.

2K's lack of response on nerfing the fast break transition cheese is pathetic, I don't think I've ever seen worse after-release support or communication from a game company before.

I'm considering just quitting a bunch of games in a row and dropping down to the restricted seeds to get a fun/competitive/enjoyable game. Anyone out there in the 3+ seeds who plays actual "basketball" like to play some matches? LMK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP

RTTP's been like this forever. You can take it away but it's not that fun to play against someone whose only offensive move is the turbo spam.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, guys just turbo to the three point line and zig-zag or circle around for threes with diamond versions of mediocre players (Jr Smith) or they try and turbo their way to the baseline or try to abuse the spin button with Wall, Westbrook or Lillard. However, I found that these guys are pretty easy to stop because they play so predictably. I've only played a few games in the 4th seed (I know it's at all-star and not Super-star), but I've found myself up 10-14 points by the end of either the first or 2nd quarters. Honestly, you just take away their angles and/or funnel them into your other defenders and they're pretty easy to stop.

Also found that most of these type of players (encountered them in the 3 golds seed as well) are terrible at defense. Most of them spam the steal button and turbo around everywhere and they don't understand angles. I play with a small ball 4, so when they help over on drives I either kill them with the PF shooting a 3 or the SF or PG shooting a 3 after the defense collapses on one of the open shooters or I kill them with someone finding an easy lane to the basket with the defense scrambling to shooters.

I basically used my 3 gold line-up from the previous few seeds and just added Reward D-Wade in place of DR Wade.

DR Richardson, Reward Livingston
Reward Wade, Current Joe Johnson
DR Thompson, DR Batum
DR Deng, Current Bosh
DR Whiteside, Current Chandler

So I'm not even using a crazy line-up with diamonds or a bunch amethysts to combat them. Really, sound basketball can beat these super-powered cheesers. Just takes patience. It's definitely not nearly as fun as playing someone playing actual basketball though. Although I do take great pleasure in destroying these super-powered teams with Shaun Livingston, Deng or Batum lol. 2k needs to adjust the off-ball teammate AI, its legitimately atrocious. There's almost no reaction to guys driving in the paint, inches away (even with Protect the paint set). It's too easy for someone to turbo their way to dunks all game if you're not vigilant.

Last edited by firerises; 04-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

The problem is that you are forced into the small ball lineup of mostly sf because the speed of recovery is an issue. I really want to use dirk at 4 or garnett or just two big like David Robinson and Tim Duncan but I get killed. I'm stubborn and keep trying but keep getting bounced back to restricted which is way better most of the time. The little fast speed demon frantic turbo player just bumps my big guys and they throw the dunk into the fifth row! I would like to see that in real life because most of them would have a bruise on their head from the dunk ripping through the hoop and a bruised butt from getting in the way. Not to mention that they would have an and one and probably won't do it again.

I'm so sick of the blocks from a mile away from behind or the side too. That should happen 1 time in 20 tries not I completed the breakaway dunk 1 in 20 tries. It's to the point that you must stop and pump fake so trailer jumps and then try to dunk. So realistic!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Please bear in mind I'm not referring to the difficulty of or inability of beating people who play like this, just the sheer, utter lack of fun and non similarity to real basketball.

Every time you score: switch to center, turbo him back into the middle, switch to half court press, frantically toggle between on and off ball D as they spam triangle cuts, etc etc.

It's tiring and lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

Unfortunately this is an issue of most competitive games. Dropping to lower seeds doesn't make an impact, because people who spam turbo in superstar with MVP Rose/ can spam in All-star level with Wall. Who forgets 2k15 Lavine?

I reverted to self-restricted line-up only because I have beaten seed 1 5 times in a row, and the last one unbeaten.

Zig-zag 3 is NOT effective in superstar level.

People who abuse driving to the basket and turbo are easy to beat with a 2-3 zone , and a track back with center and quick double team to Wallbrooks.

Having said that SMALL line-ups are ESSENTIAL this year.

Lateral quickness is imprtant for a center on D, and quickness in his feet are essential when people limit/deny perimeter, so you can pass to your center and play 1-on-1. I have been using Current Davis as my Center since October and I am NEVER going to change him. He is my MVP for sure

Having said that isn't this what happens in REAL basketball as well? Speed is much more important nowadays than 10-20 years ago. 4-out 1 offenses and Undersized Centers are the current trend. 2k in tries to simulate the NBA and thus making historic Centers difficult to use. Sure a great user with Hakeem can beat the hell out of my poor Davis, but I have hammerd too many Diamond Wilt's with him

It didn't take more than 10 games for me to decide that Ewing would not even make my Bench C. To be fair I hate the idea that someone would control Eaton/Mutombo under the basket and just block everything.

Strangely I do not lose from spammers anymore. My only losses can be from a 4th seed player (especially if he has diamonds in his squad (they can't miss) OR people that are VERY methodical in offense. There are people who will target my KD in defense but they are VERY few.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Please bear in mind I'm not referring to the difficulty of or inability of beating people who play like this, just the sheer, utter lack of fun and non similarity to real basketball.

Every time you score: switch to center, turbo him back into the middle, switch to half court press, frantically toggle between on and off ball D as they spam triangle cuts, etc etc.

It's tiring and lame.
Oh yeah totally get where you were coming from , I've seen others complaining about losing to these type of players in other threads, so I was just sharing my experience. I definitely agree that it's lame and boring, but 2K enables these users with poor teammate AI, regardless of rating. And honestly, it's ridiculous that only legends, and stars can perform basic and fundamental basketball actions with consistency. Role players routinely miss lay-ups with minimal contests, they miss defensive rotations, they can't withstand defensive pressure, and etc, it's silly. If you watch an NBA game, role players aren't that inept.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The ball is extremely vulnerable to being knocked loose this year whenever you're dribbling with turbo.

It's a turnover waiting to happen if you just apply some on-ball pressure.

Turbo dribbling is less effective than it's ever been in any 2K game on the current systems.

You should be forcing 10 to 20 turnovers a game against people who never release their grip on the right trigger. And you should be draining their players' stamina and forcing them to substitute, so long as you aren't bailing them out by calling time outs. I welcome my opponents to play fast and try to deliberately speed them up whenever I play online. Not many people you'll meet online are able to play smart and fast at the same time.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-26-2016 at 08:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »