Home

No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP

This is a discussion on No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No one plays actual basketball in the open seeds of RTTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

Lol there's always some gimmick online. The 2K community is an embarrassment.
I can't.....wow. LOL. I watch the YTer bud and earlier this week he played a guy with all white errrrrvvvthing. Just looked like a pile of snow. Jerseys, court, everything.

I just keep it classic, with the throwback Hornets court, and jerseys. I don't need all the custom stuff. I do like the idea of college courts.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:37 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

i advanced to the first seed after a crazy game. Been up by 3 with 13 seconds remaining. I wanted to make a foul to not go to OT.
My opponent scores a 3 pointer with diamond Kareem
I was really pissed off, i don't take a time out and try to score with Yao but i really take a bad shot, my opponent get the rebound with 0,6 remaining but does a Chris Webber as he didnt got any TO remaining. He gets a technical and i score my 2 FT, game is finished.

Crazy...
Old 05-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #19
Pro

This is exactly how I feel and it doesn't help that 4th seed is played at all star so these kids who play diamond wall, smith, Lawson or whatever else cheese they have in their lineup all game without subbing still hit the most contest shots/Layups/dunks possible just because the difficulty says their stats are too high to miss even if I have Big O putting his hand in his face it's stupid and extremely annoying and then I can't get shots to go because diamond Lebron can sprint from double teaming my center in the post back out to contest the previously open three in time before it even goes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #20
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
This is exactly how I feel and it doesn't help that 4th seed is played at all star so these kids who play diamond wall, smith, Lawson or whatever else cheese they have in their lineup all game without subbing still hit the most contest shots/Layups/dunks possible just because the difficulty says their stats are too high to miss even if I have Big O putting his hand in his face it's stupid and extremely annoying and then I can't get shots to go because diamond Lebron can sprint from double teaming my center in the post back out to contest the previously open three in time before it even goes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
at least they nerfed the long range passing. but at some point it's confusing me aswell: it happened to me multiple times that Russel, which is maybe the best playmaking big in the game, can not pass a ball near logo after getting a defensive rebound. even it is a clear view pass. that's somehow ridiculous but if it helps stopping the cheese in the long run i'm fine with it.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just started playing RTTP about three weeks ago. I skipped 2k15, and only played 2k13 and 2k14 on the PS3. The major things I notice is it seems 2k logarithm has a big say so in the game, more so then ever. With momentum and things like that. You will miss good shots with good players if they want the game to be close. Calling time outs(something I never do), especially after dunks and big runs by your opponent help swing things in your favor.

The thing they haven't fixed that's annoying is players, most notably, bigs, become "oblivious" and "nonchalant" to things. Wilt, one of the best defenders in the game will constantly let a big get behind him for a easy dunk. I adjust the settings to "behind" in the post and everything. But he goes for a ridiculous steal attempt on a pass. Too many times CPU players go for steals in the post, instead of just playing good man to man defense.

Also defenders help off shooters too much when you are playing good on ball defense.

Pump fakes, I can go on all day about them. It's too many times I will just have my defender in a great position defending, and the opponent just keeps pump faking. I don't jump. But a CPU might if it's close to them in the post. Foul. Depending, the CPU will make you hesitate, and it will draw a foul at times instead of a bad shot. One time a opponent had Deandre Jordan at the 3 point line. And I was controlling the player. He kept pump faking, and my guy was hesitating like he was going to shoot lol.

Blocks are terrible. I knew in 2k14 when we complained about no blocking in 2k13 it was going to be bad and they still haven't fixed it. Certain dunk animations should not be able to get blocked. Enhance the defense in other areas, bring the blocking of dunks and lay ups DOWN. Certain players should not be able to block dunks. John Stockton blocked a back scratching dunk from MJ....lol. C'mon now.

Overall defense just needs to be adjusted. You don't get rewarded for playing good man to man on ball defense. Instead you get fouls called on you. It makes people want to cheese since it is so easy to beat good defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #22
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

Sadly, this is just the way of the world when it comes to most online gamers. A lot of them will do this, and the entire experience just becomes devoid of fun. When all the online folks care about is cheap wins and boosting their stats/win column, there's not much enjoyment in the game for me, personally. It's the scourge of this and last generation's gamers.

This is why I rarely play any online modes on 2K (or any game for that matter) with people, unless I know them in real life, or I know they will be a player with integrity. I miss playing with people in the same room with me sitting on the couch. Sometimes, I've even had to deal with the cheapness with a real life friend who I've played online with. So what can you do, realistically?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »