Home

Is current LeBron really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is current LeBron really that bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Is current LeBron really that bad?

It looks like nobody really uses him it's always PG or Kawhi recommended is it just his 3ball that's bad? How's his midrange scoring?

I know attribute stats can sometimes be misleading. I'm assuming he's a monster in transition and defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Banned

Enso's Arena

Re: Is current LeBron really that bad?

He's the Lebron you've always played with except his jumpshot is just broken. Just when you think you've figured out his release you really never did.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

I haven't used Dyn Kawhi, but LeBron's been better than Dyn PG for me. I can't shoot with PG on higher difficulty. LeBron makes more open 3s with the 3pt shoe and is better in every other area except the midrange game. He fills the stat sheet in every game even though I rarely run anything through him. I'd probably prefer Kawhi, though.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:46 PM   #4
Banned

Enso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I haven't used Dyn Kawhi, but LeBron's been better than Dyn PG for me. I can't shoot with PG on higher difficulty. LeBron makes more open 3s with the 3pt shoe and is better in every other area except the midrange game. He fills the stat sheet in every game even though I rarely run anything through him. I'd probably prefer Kawhi, though.
PG's jumper is really easy to learn. Kawhi's took abit more practice for me but eventually I got it and it's super smooth as well.

When I used Dynamic LJ earlier in the year the corner threes we're nice but that's about it.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I shoot really well with PG13 but can't hit consistently with Klay Thompson.

A lot of the shooting success in this game just comes down to animation preference. Some people are just better at timing certain animations than other people.

LeBron is someone I've never been able to shoot well with in any 2K game, including this year. If I had him on my team he would only be a distributor and driver.

Just take LeBron into practice mode and see if you like him. That's what I do before I make any major purchase in MyTeam since animations play such a huge part in having shooting success in 2K16.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-16-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #6
MVP

I think he's a beast, whenever I get him in Gauntlet I love using him. Since I'm a Knicks fan though I just don't use rival players or players I'm not into in real life.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:31 AM   #7
Banned

Kawhis defense and he's money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

there are several reasons for this I believe...

Day One Pre-Patch release - his post fade was horribly broken. I could only hit about 10% of them. Until he got badged he played pretty bad. Also he had Drop-Stepper badge glitch so a lot of people probably sold him once they realized they couldnt fully badge him. Since then other options have risen.

Overall Ratings - Last year he was 98 ovr with 87 standing 3pt. Those enamored with ovr and stats....were probably turned off a bit by this year's rating system.

Gameplay Mechanics - in conjunction with the ratings, superstars like Lebron and Steph are no where near as dominant as they were in last year's game. This is an issue I have with the game. Those two guys dont play like IRL. When they get hot, they can change the complexion of a game instantly. I really dont enjoy playing with Diamond Steph. He is out of my Gauntlet lineup and he is not in any of my other lineups for challenges/domination. Lebron is a little better because of his all around game but he is noticeably under-powered offensively this year.

PG13 and Kawhi are excellent alternatives to Lebron unless you are using him at PF exclusively. He has no clear advantages over BOTH. He is the better low post defender and is stronger. He is a better finisher. He is a better playmaker than Kawhi but PG13 is not far off. He is a better perimeter defender than PG13 but Kawhi is equal to him. They are both better rebounders and the coup de grace is that they are way better from the perimeter than LBJ with 3-ball in the 90's. The last point alone is why most people would pick the other two. In this video game, 3pt shooting stats take precedent over everything else for some players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »