Home

Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards

This is a discussion on Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Cheese Alert: New Diamond Cards

Looks like our first Diamond big will be none other than.....

wait for it....

yep, you guessed it.....

The Ice Cream Man....Luis Scola
Old 12-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
Jesus, what is the point of these diamond cards? It's making all of the great historic players seem useless in a way.. Just my opinion. Good thing I stopped playing this mode before I invested too much time into it...
Yeah... I just finished collecting 1600 cards to get Dumars, thinking I had a beastly team going into RTTP, and then this... I actually believed 2k when they told us about the new rating system before the release? Why Wouldn't I It just made so much sense for them to do it the right way this year, after all the complaints aboutthe card system last year.

I am not even against historic moments cards, but the way they have implemented them makes no sense, and it pisses me off, because there are such and easy solution to how to implement them: Use the players normal rankings, and then just boost their "potential" stat through the roof (if I understand it correctly, the "potential" stat determines how hot a player get when he gets hot) + give them all the microwave badge. A diamond Crawford idicates he can score 50 EVERY night. We should get a card that had the POTENTIAL to get a 50 point game.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #91
Pro

As i've been saying since 2k13, myteam just needs either:

- matchmaking based on roster quality

- separate rttp's, one with proper/realistic restrictions as well as no ability to use these kinds of fantasy cards, and one without restrictions for the superteam abusers

Problem solved, they can release all the BS cards they want this way, i wouldn't see them anyway in my realistic rttp or i'd see one (or maybe two at most) if they do the matchmaking thing. Probably won't happen anytime soon though.

On the bright side, after seeing this i'm 99% sure i won't waste any money on packs this year especially since i already didn't like the mode/gameplay this year in the first place. So that's something.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »