Home

TBT Diamond Crawford?

This is a discussion on TBT Diamond Crawford? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: TBT Diamond Crawford?

Quote:
Put these things in the Black Market as novelties and let people pay 1mil MT for them and not be able to sell them. If they save up all their currency to get one player who wont help them dominate the rest of the community, then that's their prerogative. The problem is, the BM doesnt get 2k its money back that the duplicators have duped them out of.
2K could have put Diamond JR/Crawford up in the black market for 500,000 VC each, with no option to buy them using MT, and no option to resell them.

That way 2K still gets paid, and your regular average players won't have to worry about facing these cheese cards all the time in The Gauntlet.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-17-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
2K could have put Diamond JR/Crawford up in the black market for 500,000 VC each, with no option to buy them using MT, and no option to resell them.

That way 2K still gets paid, and your regular average players won't have to worry about facing these cheese cards all the time in The Gauntlet.
thats true, I forgot about you can use VC in the BM. not sure why 2k didnt think of this, maybe you should work for them. somebody with sense needs to.

again, I fear no players or cards online. my gripe is that they just made up some s*** and let it fly. I never bought a trading card in real life that had some bogus stats. There were just plenty of players to issue Diamonds for....why these?
Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
you are missing the point my friend. the point is...why do these cards exist in the first place???
Agree with you and all the points you're making. Do think that rarity, cost, BM or not, sellability, VC vs. MT, etc. are all kind of irrelevant. Like you and others say, a Diamond Jamal Crawford just shouldn't exist.

With stuff like this or a Diamond J.R., they totally invalidate their entire Ratings scale, which they just revamped for this year in a way that I think made a lot of sense. Moments cards (whether labeled as "Moments" or "TBT") only make sense if they don't bust the scale. The Moments Whiteside and Moments Drummonds are okay because they're not necessarily better than other top-end Golds, not to mention Amethysts and Diamonds.

And if the reason for making a Diamond J. Crawford was because he had a 50-point game, that's setting the bar low. There have been around 100 or more NBA players who have scored 50 points in a game at least once. Crawford has done it three times, so there's that, but so have 23 other players. Wilt did it almost 50 times in a single season. There are five other players who have done it more than 10 times. Bernard King did it 8 times and I doubt we get a better Bernard King than the high Gold we got last week.

It just doesn't make any sort of sense. I'm shocked 2K put this out and, apparently, will repeat the idiocy with J.R. I was sure that these cards would not be released or were going to get downgraded prior to release. Just silly, stupid bull****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #52
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm disgusted by 2K's audacity... to try pass off a 96 ovr Crawford as legitimate "Content" is lazy.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 12-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #53
MVP

Still haven't seen one on ps4.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

this card should not exist but still i doubt there would be more then 5 people who will pull him
Old 12-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #55
Rookie

There should be a "playoffs" mode, hence RTTP. You must be seed 5 in RTTP to qualify, and do some kind of qualification task before entering, like winning 2 out of 3 offline HOF challenges. The mode should then feature 4 7 game series, on 6 min HOF sim with an overall restriction; and you must start fresh upon elimination. If someone wants to use jcrossover, that's fine, but they better be ready to play with a team full of scrap. I also believe players should get rhythm boosts for how their personality badges mesh instead of randomly being cold or hot, and the players should get boosts in the areas coinciding with the coach's base POE. Like really where's the team building aspect 2k? The reward could be a championship pack with four team cards and a guaranteed boosted version of a card in the form of tbt, gem of the game, or moments card. (if they do not already have one) starting at 87 ovr (Bledsoe-87, David Robinson -93 for instance). The cheesers can still have RTTP to use anyone they want, but give US something to play.And locker codes? Forget that, how about if you sweep the playoffs you get a unique sellable diamond of any reasonable player of your choice, so that you actually earn these God cards instead of having fast fingers or begging 2k for unrealistic trash so you can splurge on packs to obtain it. My team could me more dynamic and interactive, I'm just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #56
Banned

Why wouldn't these be Moments cards?

This is ridiculous. Wish I had finished RTTP before this trash happened.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »