Home

Youtubers are ruining the Gauntlet

This is a discussion on Youtubers are ruining the Gauntlet within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

OVR: 0
Youtubers are ruining the Gauntlet

I noticed that all of the youtubers only play gauntlet when new carda are released like the diamonds and they just reroll their lineup until they get the desired card
This is ruining the gauntlet because now all the little kids are doing this
Out of 10 games in a series I probably play an all amethyst/diamond lineup about 4-5 times
rerolling your lineup like this defeats the entire purpose of the gauntlet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Youtubers are ruining the Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
I noticed that all of the youtubers only play gauntlet when new carda are released like the diamonds and they just reroll their lineup until they get the desired card
This is ruining the gauntlet because now all the little kids are doing this
Out of 10 games in a series I probably play an all amethyst/diamond lineup about 4-5 times
rerolling your lineup like this defeats the entire purpose of the gauntlet
the question is....are you winning or losing? its not bothering me at all, actually its the opposite for me. when I have a lineup like that, it makes it more difficult for me. rerolling and playing with super teams and winning gets you more wins and is beneficial if you are playing on the gold board perhaps, but it will take you longer to get rewards because rerolling negates the number of pulls you are able to get. I been destroying guys with Diamonds....if they are stooping to those tactics, it pretty much means they have no game.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
the question is....are you winning or losing? its not bothering me at all, actually its the opposite for me. when I have a lineup like that, it makes it more difficult for me. rerolling and playing with super teams and winning gets you more wins and is beneficial if you are playing on the gold board perhaps, but it will take you longer to get rewards because rerolling negates the number of pulls you are able to get. I been destroying guys with Diamonds....if they are stooping to those tactics, it pretty much means they have no game.
i have yet to lose to any super lineups
its just annoying
most of the guys that reroll to get these lineups are complete trash
Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
i have yet to lose to any super lineups
its just annoying
most of the guys that reroll to get these lineups are complete trash
thats exactly my point. punish them for doing it til they quit and leave Gauntlet. they will once they realize that cheap junk wont work against real players.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
Pro

I got the Iverson card in gauntlet and my opponent quit when I was up 3-1, barely got a chance to try it out. Super frustrating.

Also one of my opponents got the diamond Crawford card and he quit when it was 1-1 and I locked him down on defence... I was shocked that he didn't want to stay in to try the card more.

I think the best part about the gauntlet is the opportunity to test out cards that I may want to end up buying in the auction house and its really frustrating when you finally get a good trial card and the opponent leaves before you get to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I got the Iverson card in gauntlet and my opponent quit when I was up 3-1, barely got a chance to try it out. Super frustrating.

Also one of my opponents got the diamond Crawford card and he quit when it was 1-1 and I locked him down on defence... I was shocked that he didn't want to stay in to try the card more.

I think the best part about the gauntlet is the opportunity to test out cards that I may want to end up buying in the auction house and its really frustrating when you finally get a good trial card and the opponent leaves before you get to use it.
I played with A.I. twice so far, still didnt really get to see what he could do because I was focused on winning....tried his crossover once but didnt get it like I wanted.

The guy that quit didnt want to try the card more because he prob pulled him many times already. Also, nothing really to try with those Diamonds if you have played with the silver versions of them already. Basically them on steroids. However I do find lots of players I like in Gauntlet, like I played with 6man Barbosa...now thats one of the next cards I am going to get.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #7
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I only do it for the first game of the series. I've made it to the 10th game three out of my last four series so it's not like I do it a lot. I don't go for superstars I just want at least one more decent athlete or shooter. I did manage to pull Jamal at the beginning of this past series, and he's absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand why somebody would quit mid-series to get him though as you only get two picks.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 12-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
Pro

Lol I have definetlt lost to super teams played a guy yesterday who team was TBT pierce DR Khawi and David Robinson didn't go well for me since 2k thought me having ROTY Jordan meant I didn't need help and gave me two mid sixties bronze players

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »