Home

Pack odds....how do u feel?

This is a discussion on Pack odds....how do u feel? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pack odds....how do u feel?

I dont think the odds are any worse than last year. The problem is what's in the packs. How do I get a 6MOTY? DR Packs appear to only have DR and Current cards in them as I have never pulled a Historic from them. I dont buy Moments packs but I assume they are the same way. So basically, you have to get Historics out of the "regular" booster packs. Are Historics in TBT packs? How about DR cards? This is the dumbest year of packs I can recall.

Last year they at least had the Adidas/Nike packs, 50/50 packs, Historic packs, etc. The year before they had Historic Team packs.

I just feel like this mode has been abandoned almost completely and lack of packs are part of this. When are the collection packs coming, like MVP, DPOY, etc....More packs would equal better pulls. All we have now is about 5 packs with s****y pulls.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
This is the only game I play atm and the only mode I play. I treat it kind of a hobby where if I stay in and don't go out etc, the money I'd spend going out I'd use to buy packs. I bought around $400-500 worth of vc which is about 2 million vc which I all spent on packs. So I opened over 200 packs and I only got amyth LeBron and Chris Paul. Granted I spent most of it on the throw back packs and didn't really get anybody notable.

My question is.... How legit is buying MT? A lot of scamming from there websites? What is a good one? Because honestly I'd rather get MT than VC. I also in made enough MT where I have a decent team and I'm just Enjoying playing the mode and in no rush at all so I don't really have any desire to get packs anymore, at least for now. If I could get guaranteed MT that would be a diff story.
I know a bunch of legit mt selling websites, famous youtubers/streamers get sponsor by them all the time. Just look up cashnasty or another youtuber and you'll find a bunch of em. Buying VC from 2k is honestly a scam because your not going pull an amethyst or diamond player no matter how much vc you spend with their terrible pack odds. I totally recommend buying MT since almost everybody on twitter is doing it, no point in buying vc because your just going to get a bunch of 70 ovr silvers from packs.

Honestly, if I did my math right if you had invested that $400-$500 on MT instead of VC for packs you would prob have 2-3 million MT if you bought from the right places, which is more then enough for a full amethyst squad instead of just lebron and cp3 that you bought with VC.

Last edited by OGSwegz; 01-02-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:01 AM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Funny thing, I opened up about 5 Moments packs and pulled a Moments Mario Chalmers and Moments Derrick Williams lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 04:17 AM   #12
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I have also spent and insane amount of hard grinded MT on packs aswell as some VC for TBT and I feel scammed by 2K like the most of you. I haven't tried those third party websites yet but I rather buy a million MT in future than loosing 100$ for a bunch of free agent silvers. This hasn't been such a rip off in the past years...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #13
Rookie

2k needs to realize that they need to raise the pack odds when using VC. Everybody I know is either buying MT or not purchasing VC at all. Even most of the streamers/youtubers are opening packs with MT that they purchased instead of getting VC. I hardly see a stream these days where ppl are opening packs with VC. Nobody is going to buy VC when you can purchase MT that is way cheaper then the prices 2k is selling their VC.

If 2k wants to make more money so badly, instead of putting in random diamonds that are impossible to pull every week, they should raise pack odds when using VC and add more pack variety. Sadly knowing 2k, they'll never do that giving how lazy they are. Honestly, I feel bad for the people who are spending their hard earnt money on VC to open these terrible packs (esp dynamic packs and tbt) when there is a way cheaper alternative in buying MT.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
This is the only game I play atm and the only mode I play. I treat it kind of a hobby where if I stay in and don't go out etc, the money I'd spend going out I'd use to buy packs. I bought around $400-500 worth of vc which is about 2 million vc which I all spent on packs. So I opened over 200 packs and I only got amyth LeBron and Chris Paul. Granted I spent most of it on the throw back packs and didn't really get anybody notable.

My question is.... How legit is buying MT? A lot of scamming from there websites? What is a good one? Because honestly I'd rather get MT than VC. I also in made enough MT where I have a decent team and I'm just Enjoying playing the mode and in no rush at all so I don't really have any desire to get packs anymore, at least for now. If I could get guaranteed MT that would be a diff story.
go to Goldah. do not spend money on VC. 2K has not earned that luxury.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I dont think the odds are any worse than last year. The problem is what's in the packs. How do I get a 6MOTY? DR Packs appear to only have DR and Current cards in them as I have never pulled a Historic from them. I dont buy Moments packs but I assume they are the same way. So basically, you have to get Historics out of the "regular" booster packs. Are Historics in TBT packs? How about DR cards? This is the dumbest year of packs I can recall.

Last year they at least had the Adidas/Nike packs, 50/50 packs, Historic packs, etc. The year before they had Historic Team packs.

I just feel like this mode has been abandoned almost completely and lack of packs are part of this. When are the collection packs coming, like MVP, DPOY, etc....More packs would equal better pulls. All we have now is about 5 packs with s****y pulls.
i can assure you that odds are far worse than last year. i ruby and onyx packs, i pulled a lot of players whenever i actually opened packs. this year i havent pulled anybody and ive spent probably 100x more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

$500 dollars on MT in hindsight is like buying another PS4. If players have to spend that much money just to get someone of true value, then something is severely wrong there. That's highway robbery in my opinion. That's borderline white collar crime right there. The odds of landing a good amethyst player should be a lot higher than that. If I spent that much on VC just to land two players of real value, I would quit the mode right then and there. Even with farming of some sort dating back to NBA 2K13, the odds were against you but you eventually struck gold at one point with Gold Booster Packs and it didn't take nearly as much packs to do it as it does with this game. Best part about MyTeam in that game was everyone was available historic team-wise. Sure you only got one version of the best historic players but at least you could get them and they were available at the beginning and not as time went on like in this game. I used to be one of this modes biggest supporters. I like the idea of creating your own super teams but this mode just seems really broken right now with content that would make true NBA fans laugh. Dahntay Jones? Really? Diamond Luis Scola? Really 2K? Who asked for these players? Can these guys conduct just one focus group to get get feedback on players that people would actually want to pay for? Dahntay Jones? The same guy that's not even in the league today? That Dahntay Jones? Why is this even a player that's featured? Why would I care to pay money to open packs at the possibility of getting this scrub? When has anyone ever regarded this guy as somebody we should look back fondly on?

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »