Home

Amethyst Clyde Drexler

This is a discussion on Amethyst Clyde Drexler within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Amethyst Clyde Drexler

I'm so close to getting to that amethyst board sitting at 140 wins. I'm curious how is he for you guys this year?

I had him last year and he was such a monster he'd honestly outplay Jordan's for me in '15. Is his shot money lotta greens? Lockdown defense? I've got Rip starting at my guard spot he's beast hopefully Clyde separates himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Amethyst Clyde Drexler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I'm so close to getting to that amethyst board sitting at 140 wins. I'm curious how is he for you guys this year?

I had him last year and he was such a monster he'd honestly outplay Jordan's for me in '15. Is his shot money lotta greens? Lockdown defense? I've got Rip starting at my guard spot he's beast hopefully Clyde separates himself.

Amethyst Clyde Drexler is way better than Rip! Better finisher and his mid range game is flawless. He rarely goes on cold streaks and can do almost anything on the court. Only downside is his speed and quickness. I would put speed shoes on him if it's important to you. His jumper is smooth like silk and his finishing ability is out of this world. I have him fully badged up and don't ever see him leaving my line up. He's also a great playmaker for a 2 guard and can run pg on a few plays if need be. He can seriously do it all in this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Re: Amethyst Clyde Drexler

Just got him this weekend I was able to get it at 155 wins (lucky as I've seen a lot of people here get him close to the 200). I never used him last year so I can't compare but he is money finishing at the rim. I have the moment's Jordan and the Raptor's TMac and he finishes a lot better than them. Haven't shot much from outside with him since I usually use Klay to shoot 3s but the few outside shot I have taken with him were good and even got a few green releases.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
MVP

he is one of my favorite players IRL but dont take this as bias. I loved the Sapphire last year and would kill it with him but he would get injured and that was the biggest issue.

this year he is just as good if not better. the biggest thing about him is....for whatever reason....release, zones, badges, etc....he shoots 3's better than a lot of players who are much more highly rated. he is just reliable af. on the break its a wrap whether he drives or you throw lob to him. very strong defense. great playmaker that comes with Dimer. Microwave badge heats him up but Cool and Collected badge means he never gets cold. his speed isnt right though like IRL....as is the case for a lot of cards. should be 85/85 but people would scream cheese all day.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It just depends on whether you want a slasher or a three point shooting assassin between clyde and rip since both guys can play lockdown defense and nail midrange jumpers:

I prefer Rip since he rarely misses open three pointers, especially if you give him the limitless range badge. Rip can still dunk with the right joystick or shoot button, but his animations aren't nearly as explosive as Drexler's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It just depends on whether you want a slasher or a three point shooting assassin between clyde and rip since both guys can play lockdown defense and nail midrange jumpers:

I prefer Rip since he rarely misses open three pointers, especially if you give him the limitless range badge. Rip can still dunk with the right joystick or shoot button, but his animations aren't nearly as explosive as Drexler's.
I havent played with Rip but Clyde is reliable as heck from 3 and he can do so much other stuff. his release is one of the best in the game...and he has an underrated crossover that can get him to the cup with ease.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Clyde is the best player I've used, I will venture to say in the game. Most who say otherwise haven't used him and look at his ratings and bias him for his average speed and shooting. Don't pay attention to his ratings. His release is so easy and everywhere inside the arc is a hot spot. If you shoot a midrange you'll make it. If you shoot a 3, you'll still most likely make it. Tough lay-ins you'll make them. The historic drexler dunk package is beautiful, he'll never stick the ball 40 feet behind his head and get blocked like every other athletic player. On defense just put him on anyone and watch him lock them up, not to mention he'll pull down some boards since he can jump out of the gym. Badge him up, stick him in, and see for yourself.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #8
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

He sounds worth the grind for sure nice. Nothing today hopefully tomorrow. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »