Home

My Team Confessions

This is a discussion on My Team Confessions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow My Team Confessions

In 2k15, I spent around $2000 on My Team mode. Yes, 2 grand...i know it was stupid. I did it trying to get Diamond Iverson. It was the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life lol. And Diamond AI wasn't even one of the best cards in the game.

This year I haven't spent anything on packs....just been investing in DRs and flipping. No collection chase for me at all. I only have around 200 cards.

Confess some your crazy my team moments.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Team Confessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
In 2k15, I spent around $2000 on My Team mode. Yes, 2 grand...i know it was stupid. I did it trying to get Diamond Iverson. It was the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life lol. And Diamond AI wasn't even one of the best cards in the game.

This year I haven't spent anything on packs....just been investing in DRs and flipping. No collection chase for me at all. I only have around 200 cards.

Lol I like this idea for a thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Snapping 2 different 2k15 discs in frustration after patch 4.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19

Serious lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #5
Pro

I promise I'm done spending money on packs every month after losing roughly 80 dollars worth of VC and mt at least once a month some ones a week and but I always relapse when every something cool is teased like Iverson or Kobe this year I've spent maybe as shamed as I am to admit maybe 800 on this game and my best card from packs only is ROTY Jordan followed by Kobe I have yet to acquire a player even remotely elite besides those two form packs almost my entire team was form the auction house

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I think for me it was 2k14 on the ps3, probably after a full game of lebron bulldozing cheese, can't remember exactly. I tore (well, wrestled almost, damn thing's tougher than it looks) my controller in half. I also snapped the 2k14 disc about a month before that, fully convinced i wasn't going to play it again. Of course 3-4 days later i went to the store to get a new one

I also used to send out lame messages calling out cheesers. Mostly just things like "nice try cheeser", "Nice job on the post fades and reverse baseline dunks, you're amazing.", "good job mr zigzag" or "wow you're a great defender, almost like a cpu magnet. oh wait... never mind". Only about 2 or 3 guys that cheesed so hard (and cought me in a bad mood) that i went on a full blown profanity laden tirade (only after they send me a message first though, i used to be petty like that). Edit: actually it was a lot more tbh, those 2 or 3 were just during 2k15. I did it pretty regularly during 2k13, number just went down over the years. Now i'm proud to say i've quit doing it, if i reply to someone now i'll just write something generic like "have a nice day", sarcastic like "you are truly the pinnacle of human evolution" or random like "there's a stranger standing outside my door offering free candy, what should i do?". Still lame but i guess it's an improvement.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-12-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #7
MVP

I definitely spend between $250-400 on VC last year. I didnt keep track. It was all in rage though. I would be grinding and then they would come out with packs with players I wanted and when I didnt feel satisfied with the contents I would buy more VC. I also did this when I came across hard challenges.

I was playing someone on Gauntlet when I first started and he jumped out to an early lead. I dont talk to people online. He decides to pause the game and send me a message saying "you're *ss" when it looked like he was clearly on his way to victory. I think score was like 15-6. Before that point I wasnt going to quit but I had pretty much resigned to losing and wasnt even serious. I was so pissed and so determined when he did that. I buckled down and came back and beat him like 24-22. I sent him a profane message back, totally out of character of me but he provoked me. I thought he was gonna report me for sure because I wouldve been pissed too if someone came back from like 8 down to beat me then talk smack....but hey, he started it.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

I spent several hundred dollars on VC last year in an attempt to collect all of the cards. After I missed the Pink Shaq code or whatever it was on Twitter after getting the code within a half hour of it being released, I decided I was done collecting cards.

No VC this year although there are a couple of players I'd like to get but like you I have under 200 cards this year and no plans to buy any VC.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »