Home

New Moments

This is a discussion on New Moments within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
New Moments

Surprised I havent seen a post here on the new Moments we have. I feel they lost momentum and these things may largely be a waste. Having an Amethyst Lillard is good because it will likely be his best card in the game, but honestly, these things are mundane. I am not interested in them anymore TBH. What would make these more interesting is if they had a different badge set. They totally loused this up by releasing those Diamonds, then coming back to the Moments and making cards based off of average games. Whats special about Lou Williams or Tony Parker scoring 30 pts? Also, why these 4 guys got Moments cards in the past week but Jimmy Butler didnt get one.....smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
MVP

Re: New Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Also, why these 4 guys got Moments cards in the past week but Jimmy Butler didnt get one.....smh.
Don't disagree with you, but to be objective, when Butler dropped 40 in the second half, that was following a 2 point first half. 42 overall isn't all that remarkable (even though bar is set lower for others) and it's problematic to create a better than Current card for such a game (not that this has ever stopped 2K).

Edit: He was 1-4 in the first half, 14-19 in the second. Don't know how you're going to represent this with an upgraded card, or a different one, other than to make it so that the card always has double cold rings in the first half and is on fire, always, in the 2nd half. That, actually...would be kind of awesome.

Last edited by harryl; 01-14-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
Banned

Enso's Arena

Jimmy buckets got robbed son!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
QNo
MVP

I'm mostly interested in historic players at this point. The TBT Diamonds have really turned me off all the other releases.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Honestly, the diamonds are cheese, but they're so rare that i don't think they'll have a huge impact. Just ignore them.

I like Moments cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Don't disagree with you, but to be objective, when Butler dropped 40 in the second half, that was following a 2 point first half. 42 overall isn't all that remarkable (even though bar is set lower for others) and it's problematic to create a better than Current card for such a game (not that this has ever stopped 2K).

Edit: He was 1-4 in the first half, 14-19 in the second. Don't know how you're going to represent this with an upgraded card, or a different one, other than to make it so that the card always has double cold rings in the first half and is on fire, always, in the 2nd half. That, actually...would be kind of awesome.
Moments cards are messed up. They dont know how to do them. You know that my point was to say if anyone deserved one in the past week it was Butler because it was actually a record-breaking feat. We dont need slightly better cards for these players. We need creativity....something 2k is lacking. Your cold ring/hot ring was a good example. My example would be in the badges. Like his Moments card should have some different badges, particularly Personality. he should have Alpha Dog, Closer, etc.....

Last edited by synistr; 01-14-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17
New Moments

Butler drop 50+ tonight, might get his moments card.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
Like his Moments card should have some different badges, particularly Personality. he should have Alpha Dog, Closer, etc.....
Yeah, that would be cool. I agree that they should consider more creative ways of differentiation. I was as disgusted with the sham Diamonds as anyone else, but not outraged because I don't think we'll see them much.

Still..they're just dumb because it devalues the historic scale they said they were going to stick to this year, which I think is good for the game.

I think another interesting way to handle Moments would be to have them only have the enhanced Ratings in 1/X games, randomly. Bring a sense of unpredictability to them. That way, you can have J.R. go nuts occasionally and drop 12 threes. But you don't know if he will, in any given game. And you may not even know until you play him enough in a game to get heated up and, once on fire, his ratings shoot up to the Moments ratings.

I think that would be a cool and "accurate" way to do it. And it would also be hilarious to watch cheesers jacking shots with such cards, hoping that they'll turn into their superpowered selves...but that not happening most of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »