Home

Butler Moments Card

This is a discussion on Butler Moments Card within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Butler Moments Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
But like I said in the rest of my post , Harden needed 50 to beat them and he had a healthy team to win by 2 points .
That's why I didn't mention Harden in my downplaying of Butler's achievement. They both did it against the 76ers (though, at least, Harden did it in regulation w/40 minutes of playing time).

Again: Curry dropped 53 in just 36 minutes against the Pelicans, who are bad but aren't 76ers-bad.

But I don't think that he necessarily should get a Diamond card. I don't much like the idea of Diamond, or even Amethyst, Moments-type cards for players who are already Amethyst or high Golds. Think it's better, for balance of the game and maintaining historical relativity to do stuff like bump Porzingis from a middling Silver to a low Gold and Whiteside from a low Gold to a high Gold.

Quote:
96 prob too much but on that night with the stuff Jimmy was dealing with he was def playing like a 90 + player
Don't disagree with that, don't necessarily even disagree with this being a Diamond. Just making the (belabored) point that 2K is pretty arbitrary about how/why/when they make Moments cards and that permanently Diamond cards for one-time performances is kind of silly.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #18
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Butler had 51 in regulation
Old 01-16-2016, 04:31 AM   #19
Rookie

I was at the game.. as soon as the game finished I knew he was gonna have a diamond card the next day. If 2K saw all the calls he was getting he should have a MUT style 105 draw foul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PG: Sapph Steph Curry/Onyx Pistol
SG: Sapph Paul George/Ruby Havlicek
SF: Diamond Durant/Rick Barry/Sapph Wilkins/Onyx Ice Man
PF: Ruby Duncan (98 OVR)/Gold Melo/Gold LBJ
C: Sapph Yao/Ruby KG (92 OVR)
Old 01-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
I mean they're super rare moments cards , i wouldn't expect mo and Ross to be diamonds but prob high 88 maybe 89 . I guess it depends on how the feat was done in a spectacle way .

They might get a TBT card or they might not because they aren't that big of a name .

It's just a matter of time before a 99 overall TBT Kobe 81 drops
thats not really a fair or logical way to do it though, you dont give a person a certain card tier because they are more popular or less popular. that defeats the whole purpose of the version.

the version is called "MOMENTS", a moment is a specific point in time, be it one night or a 5 consecutive night span. nothing before or after that Moment should count. thats how they did MJ. his card is based on his first game in the league and that game only. thats how it should be.

if Wiggins goes off for 60 pts, then his card should be based on that game only. dont take his template and boost the stats. base everything on that one game and give him appropriate badges. Remember when Kendall Marshall had that hot run with the Lakers where he had 5 straight double-doubles including a two-game stretch where he had 32 assists? take a card like that and go over his entire stats and base it on that...not what he did in the D-League. that card would have max passing stats. thats only fair. A superstar shouldnt get a Diamond while a non-star gets a silver/gold just because of popularity even though they may have accomplished the same feat.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #21
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

If Wiggins scored 60 he would get an Amh or Diamond

Plus when it comes to TBT you most certainly can pick of popularity so you're kind of wrong there . TBT moments not only factors in that said game but the impact that moment had off the court on social media for a period time .

Nobody really cared about a Corey Brewer or T Ross 50 point game like that. It happen and people forgot about it after a couple of days .

Kyrie game , Brandon Jennings 55 , Lebron scoring what 25 straight points vs Det , Kobe 81 .. Those type of games were remembered and talked about for weeks and still brought up today . TBT moments and current day moments are different
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17
Butler Moments Card

Quote:
Plus when it comes to TBT you most certainly can pick of popularity so you're kind of wrong there . TBT moments not only factors in that said game but the impact that moment had off the court on social media for a period time .

Nobody really cared about a Corey Brewer or T Ross 50 point game like that. It happen and people forgot about it after a couple of days

Luis Scola has a tbt diamond and I'm pretty sure no ones remembers or cares about whatever game his card is base off of. These tbt moments is a bad idea.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Is it true that locker codes are coming out for jimmy?
Old 01-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #24
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Luis Scola has a tbt diamond and I'm pretty sure no ones remembers or cares about whatever game his card is base off of. These tbt moments is a bad idea.

Yea that's pretty stupid , 2k has the right idea terrible action tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »