Home

Diamond John Stockton Attribute Ratings & Badges

This is a discussion on Diamond John Stockton Attribute Ratings & Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Diamond John Stockton Attribute Ratings & Badges

It took two months of sniping and flipping cards to get my collector level from Joe Dumars (1600 cards) to John Stockton (2300), but the reward definitely looks worth all the trouble thus far:

I've been using Diamond John Stockton in the Lakers challenge today and he is blazing fast at 90 speed and 94 acceleration. His shot release also comes out incredibly quick, plus he has hot zones all across the top of the floor, making him the ideal ball handler in pick and rolls. His defense is great, too, with 96 lateral quickness, 98 steal, and 97 on-ball IQ. The defensive anchor and floor general badges will also give all of his teammates a ratings boost whenever he's on the court.

The only weaknesses to this card are that he can't dunk and he's a bit small at 6'1" 170 pounds.

I also think 2K made a mistake by not giving this card the Acrobat badge and the Closer badge, since Stockton was known for being a fourth quarter killer who stepped up his game in big moments:

Last edited by jyoung; 01-19-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond John Stockton Attribute Ratings & Badges

Imo no card is worth the time and trouble collecting 2500 cards for it, not even 120 overall MJ with 70 badges and unlimited turbo.

But that Stock card looks sweet tho, I had that dimers collection reward in 2k15, similar stats, incredible player.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It took two months of sniping and flipping cards to get my collector level from Joe Dumars (1650 cards) to John Stockton (2300), but the reward definitely looks worth all the trouble thus far:

I've been using Diamond John Stockton in the Lakers challenge today and he is blazing fast at 90 speed and 94 acceleration. His shot release also comes out incredibly quick, plus he has hot zones all across the top of the floor, making him the ideal ball handler in pick and rolls. His defense is great, too, with 96 lateral quickness, 98 steal, and 97 on-ball IQ. The defensive anchor and floor general badges will also give all of his teammates a ratings boost whenever he's on the court.

The only weaknesses to this card are that he can't dunk and he's a bit small at 6'1" 170 pounds.

I also think 2K made a mistake by not giving this card the Acrobat badge and the Closer badge, since Stockton was known for being a fourth quarter killer who stepped up his game in big moments:

Congratulations bro. Keep it coming!

I can't wait until you get the reward diamond mj!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Diamond Hakeem is 200 cards away with no MT bonus in between, so it's going to be a while before I unlock him. Especially since I was paying around 5,000 MT per card at the very end just to get to 2300 total. At the moment, there aren't any cheap cards left for me to buy, as it's all rare golds, amethysts, and diamonds that are left. 2K is going to have to release a lot more historic bronze/silver players and a ton more cheap throwback players if I'm going to reach Diamond Hakeem, let alone Diamond Jordan.

I've also beaten all the challenges and both dominations, so the only good way to make MT now is by flipping cards or by replaying Gauntlet and replaying the hall of fame difficulty challenges I've already completed.

I dislike Gauntlet mode's gameplay, so I'll probably just play the hall of fame difficulty challenges for a bit until 2K adds a new Gauntlet board.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

congrats. I am 250 cards away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

Congrats, very impressive. Also, I enjoy your videos on your plays with the pelicans playbook. Keep it up.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Congrats!! I wish I could have him.

His Onyx card last year was easily my favourite card in the game last year. It was completely game breaking. I could blow by anyone, shoot from anywhere and drive into bigs and still score. Game breaking.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:17 PM   #8
QNo
MVP

Congrats. I went from 1650 to 1750 the last few days. I'm on PC and it cost me like 5k a card. Beyond 2000 cards it'll probably be like 20k/card. The MT rewards really don't do anything. Diamond Hakeem is barely better than the DPOY and MJ probably won't be attainable until June. Might change my plans and start selling stuff off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »