Home

Best lineup with 1.5 mil budget?

This is a discussion on Best lineup with 1.5 mil budget? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Best lineup with 1.5 mil budget?

I sold all my cards (1200), i have diamond nash and diamond JR with 1.5 million left. I was gonna buy another 2 diamonds for the gauntlet but now im starting to miss having solid 10 players for gauntlet and an awesome team for RTTP.

If you were starting nash at PG and JR and SG........and had 1.5 mil to play with, who would you get? I was thinking of getting DR Kawhi or LEbron at 3, Either melo or Draymond at 4 and DPOY Dwight at 5. Was also thinking about getting DPOY Jordan. Thoughts?

What lineup would you build?

P.S....I can't wait for next weeks ASG packs...**** it.

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 04:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best lineup with 1.5 mil budget?

Did you quick sell everything or move all 1200 in the auction??

I have been thinking of unloading most of my cards too (1397 or so), with probably keeping roughly 10 of my favourite bronze/silvers/golds to finish up any challenges I haven't completed. Also would have to keep 8+ players from the remaining teams for weekly challenges and any specific player requirements for challenges I haven't finished.

I am giving up on the collector rewards seeing as I would rather use Nash than stockton, diamond Hakeem is marginally better than DPOY Hakeem, and that MJ will be impossible.

For your lineup, depends who you like to play with. I wouldn't get DPOY MJ because I hate having 2s or 3s who cant shoot the 3 ball. Especially with Nash being able to drive and kick so well and create open shots for teammates. I don't like playing with Lebron this year but the MVP Lebron may be another story. Between all star packs and mvp packs coming out you will have a lot to select from, 1.5m may go quickly. I wouldn't get 2 more diamonds because you will want a solid 10 man roster at the least, maybe 11 to give you different rotational options.

Assuming you keep Nash and JR as your starting 1 and 2, that leaves you 8 more spots to fill. That is on average just under 200k a player, or you could do something like 400k 400k 200k to fill out your starting lineup, then 100k x 5 for your bench as a ballpark budget per player and go shopping.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 01-30-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Did you quick sell everything or move all 1200 in the auction??

I have been thinking of unloading most of my cards too (1397 or so), with probably keeping roughly 10 of my favourite bronze/silvers/golds to finish up any challenges I haven't completed. Also would have to keep 8+ players from the remaining teams for weekly challenges and any specific player requirements for challenges I haven't finished.

I am giving up on the collector rewards seeing as I would rather use Nash than stockton, diamond Hakeem is marginally better than DPOY Hakeem, and that MJ will be impossible.

For your lineup, depends who you like to play with. I wouldn't get DPOY MJ because I hate having 2s or 3s who cant shoot the 3 ball. Especially with Nash being able to drive and kick so well and create open shots for teammates. I don't like playing with Lebron this year but the MVP Lebron may be another story. Between all star packs and mvp packs coming out you will have a lot to select from, 1.5m may go quickly. I wouldn't get 2 more diamonds because you will want a solid 10 man roster at the least, maybe 11 to give you different rotational options.

Assuming you keep Nash and JR as your starting 1 and 2, that leaves you 8 more spots to fill. That is on average just under 200k a player, or you could do something like 400k 400k 200k to fill out your starting lineup, then 100k x 5 for your bench as a ballpark budget per player and go shopping.
I sold them all on auction house and what a pain that was... Let me tell you. The way the auction house is set up is so damn bad.. Had to type in every single player. Never wanna do that again. At the same time... I got about 5 or 6 times more money than I would have quick selling so it's worth it. Took me like 4 days. Players that didn't see after 2 rounds I quick sold.

Thank you for your input.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Well this is just my personal preference:

- SF: Kevin Durant

He has a great skillset, basically can do everything without being super expensive

- PF: Kevin Love

This is a dream card if you enjoy playing stretch 4. easiest shot animation, great rebounding, post moves, mid range, 3pt shot...you get it all.
Since Dirk is now the best PF in the game you get him under a mill.

- C: The Dream

DPOY Hakeem comes with better Rebounding, better Defense and FT.
He is a beast under the rim - you don't stop the dreamshakes.

I've added some golds for a decent bank rotation.

If you look for good deals you could get the 3 players for 1.2 mill (ps4) and still have MT for opening boxes when allstar packs come out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51530.jpg (95.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 01-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Honestly I really suggest you wait. I'm sitting on 2 mil plus diamond John wall right now. Just play with the reward players and learn plays or something in the meantime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Well yea also a legit alternative
Old 01-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
Honestly I really suggest you wait. I'm sitting on 2 mil plus diamond John wall right now. Just play with the reward players and learn plays or something in the meantime.
This is probably the best advice it's just it's hard when this money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'll just wait though, thanks.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
Rookie

mint11's Arena

I'd agree with waiting for sure. I did it last year and ended up with an all Onyx line-up, got them much cheaper around april, still got a decent amount of time to use them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »