Home

Search for my starting Point Guard

This is a discussion on Search for my starting Point Guard within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #17
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Search for my starting Point Guard

I wish Black Market Magic would get released next, but i'm afraid it's going to be Bill. Probably Magic comes in 2 months along with Kareem
To tell you the truth I miss my Moments Wall...but I'm not gonna get him again unless his value drops significantly.
Since I don't take any risks investing in DR again, it really became a tough question who to start as PG. Like every amethyst PG is missing something which annoys me at some point...the gap to players like moment wall or magic is huge.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I wish Black Market Magic would get released next, but i'm afraid it's going to be Bill. Probably Magic comes in 2 months along with Kareem
To tell you the truth I miss my Moments Wall...but I'm not gonna get him again unless his value drops significantly.
Since I don't take any risks investing in DR again, it really became a tough question who to start as PG. Like every amethyst PG is missing something which annoys me at some point...the gap to players like moment wall or magic is huge.
PG is definitely the trickiest position, especially when the prices are like they are this year and they completely screw up the speed and acceleration ratings. Apart from the Diamonds, I feel that Nash is the most versatile one, but he's not even in the game yet, so...

For the moment I'll just run T-Mac at the PG position, but doing that hurts me inside. lol
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 PM   #19
QNo
MVP

Interesting, I find PG to be the easiest position as there are so many great ones. If you want an athletic slasher to spam PnRs, Westbrook/Wall are studs. Offensive genius, Moments Lillard, Gold Kyrie or Nash. All-around solid, Kidd or Penny. Elite defense, Payton. All-around great, CP3.

I always find PF to be the trickiest position as it determines your playstyle on both ends. Luckily, DR Draymond is easily the best unless you're able to afford Diamond Larry.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Interesting, I find PG to be the easiest position as there are so many great ones. If you want an athletic slasher to spam PnRs, Westbrook/Wall are studs. Offensive genius, Moments Lillard, Gold Kyrie or Nash. All-around solid, Kidd or Penny. Elite defense, Payton. All-around great, CP3.

I always find PF to be the trickiest position as it determines your playstyle on both ends. Luckily, DR Draymond is easily the best unless you're able to afford Diamond Larry.
Good point about PF position. I agree, Draymond is the only truly great modern PF.

As for PG, I disagree. Not because you are wrong but because the way I see, and like to play, the position. I like a PG that is not a liability on defence, that can shoot from anywhere, get to the basket and more importantly, get to the spots I want them to get on the floor. The closest to that in MT, from the affordable PGs, is Wall, but his shooting is not the most impressive.

Kind of topic: In the NBA there are three PGs I enjoy watching at the moment, Curry, Wall and Rubio.

Even with all his downfalls Rubio is a brilliant PG, if he can ever learn how to shoot, he'd be easily my favourite. Curry is just otherworldly. My all time favourites at the PG position(from those that I remember watching) are Nash, and Penny and Stockton who I still remember a bit. So apart from Penny, you see the similarities.

The way I play 2k mimics the way I play basketball. Before all the patches and crazy cards, I could run my team with a PG the way Nash and Rubio ran their teams.

What I'm truly dislike about MyTeam right now is that it became a, get the best players, adjust all your settings and hard press everyone. The strategic aspect of the game is less important than all the settings that everyone is spamming.
On PlayNowOnline, we still have that aspect where we can have a game pan to exploit weaknesses.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Good point about PF position. I agree, Draymond is the only truly great modern PF.

As for PG, I disagree. Not because you are wrong but because the way I see, and like to play, the position. I like a PG that is not a liability on defence, that can shoot from anywhere, get to the basket and more importantly, get to the spots I want them to get on the floor. The closest to that in MT, from the affordable PGs, is Wall, but his shooting is not the most impressive.

Kind of topic: In the NBA there are three PGs I enjoy watching at the moment, Curry, Wall and Rubio.

Even with all his downfalls Rubio is a brilliant PG, if he can ever learn how to shoot, he'd be easily my favourite. Curry is just otherworldly. My all time favourites at the PG position(from those that I remember watching) are Nash, and Penny and Stockton who I still remember a bit. So apart from Penny, you see the similarities.

The way I play 2k mimics the way I play basketball. Before all the patches and crazy cards, I could run my team with a PG the way Nash and Rubio ran their teams.

What I'm truly dislike about MyTeam right now is that it became a, get the best players, adjust all your settings and hard press everyone. The strategic aspect of the game is less important than all the settings that everyone is spamming.
On PlayNowOnline, we still have that aspect where we can have a game pan to exploit weaknesses.
I watched jyoung vids, he shows you win without needing the best of the best to win. Just the mode makes us hungry to get better cards when all u need is skill and preferences of certain players to win.

We have built a mindset that we need amythest and diamonds when that's proven false by other 2k players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I watched jyoung vids, he shows you win without needing the best of the best to win. Just the mode makes us hungry to get better cards when all u need is skill and preferences of certain players to win.

We have built a mindset that we need amythest and diamonds when that's proven false by other 2k players.
Which videos are you referring to?

I agree with you, and I still have tons to learn on how to play more strategically. That's why I usually look for players that fit my play style, and not ratings. The most fun I had in the game was with TBT gold Nash, Tmac, current Kawhi, Draymond and Duncan. I can stop speed, what I have yet to learn how to stop is defend when players just run around the paint causing tons of defensive breakdowns for no reason. Any tips?
Old 02-21-2016, 02:08 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Hi guys,

need your advice. Most of you have played with a wide range of players and can probably advise me much better than what my research can.

Note: I'm limited to 100k MT

My parting PG has been Curry (current). For the past 3 days I just can't hit a shot with him. I don't know if it is his release that was tweaked again or if it's the volume shooter badge coming into play, and it's been really hurting my game.

My end goal in this year's MyTeam is Amethyst Steve Nash, and that's the kind of player I look for in my PGs. I can't find a player that has those characteristics, Curry is the closest to that.

I also considered Oscar and Gary Payton (not the DPOY) if I can't find that PG.

I've been also using TBT Deron Williams, which I really like, and was considering TBT Dragic, but what 2k did to his speed leaves me wondering if it is a good choice.

Any advices?
Sell Stephen Curry and use the MT you've made to get All Star MVP Chris Paul. His jump shot is quicker than Steve Nash's and is a lot easier to time than Stephen Curry's. Plus CP3 can play lockdown defense, whereas Curry and Nash are mediocre defenders. There probably won't be a better 3-and-D point guard released this year than MVP Chris Paul. He also has the closer badge, so he's money in the fourth quarter, and you don't have to keep feeding him shots since he doesn't have the volume shooter badge.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:22 AM   #24
MVP

Draymond Green is not the ONLY stretch PF. AK-47 is an excellent cheap alternative that does more or less same things.

KD is a super star at stretch PF and not so poor in defence as you may think.

T-Mac for me has very limited playmaking stats to become a viable PG option

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »