Home

Frontcourt suggestions

This is a discussion on Frontcourt suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Frontcourt suggestions

I'm looking for some advice on my lineup, especially in the frontcourt.

I'm mainly an offline player. I like to run the Warriors freelance offense and experiment with different playbooks. I completed both dominations and still have the road to the finals challenges left. I'm about to finish the last restricted RTTP games so I'm preparing my team for the unrestricted cheese seeds. I build 450k MT to spend on the market for AS snipes so this is my current team (with 120k left):

AS CP3 / Wall / Reward Kidd
AS Thompson / Klay / Raptors T-Mac
AS Richmond / AS Barry / Reward Pippen
Durant / Aldridge
DPOY Mutombo / DPOY Gasol

So my frontcourt will get demolished by all the DPOY Hakeems and Howards I suppose. I love Mutombo on defense but he lacks a post game or offense in general. My PF position isn't great either but I need the shooting for my freelance.

I would rather not sell any of my Amethyst players because I really like all of them. I also want to try out Gervin but I'm afraid he will rock and I won't be able to sell him lol.

Any advices?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Frontcourt suggestions

Mutombo will do just fine online, he's a beast of a card. Same with Marc. I'd recommend putting a guy like Moments Hassan at the end of your bench though, in case your opponent is one of those fastbreak cheesers with DPOY D12.

Just pick up DR Draymond as your starting PF, he's a total stud and gives you everything you need. Marc is a great fit for the Swing-based freelances, I'd try to start him unless your opponents lineup prohibits you from doing so. Hakeem would be the ultimate C for you, of course.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Mutombo will do just fine online, he's a beast of a card. Same with Marc. I'd recommend putting a guy like Moments Hassan at the end of your bench though, in case your opponent is one of those fastbreak cheesers with DPOY D12.

Just pick up DR Draymond as your starting PF, he's a total stud and gives you everything you need. Marc is a great fit for the Swing-based freelances, I'd try to start him unless your opponents lineup prohibits you from doing so. Hakeem would be the ultimate C for you, of course.
I definitely agree with Mutombo. He isnt a post scorer but he is a strong finisher around the basket. So he scores quite reasonably for someone you dont run plays for.

Also agree about Moments Whiteside or just use DPOY Ben Wallace.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Thanks for the advice.

DPOY Hakeem would be my number 1 choice but he is too expensive. I have 120k MT right now so I would have to sell 1 or even 2 of my Amethyst to buy him in the current market.

Thought about Draymond too but I'm hesitant when it comes to dynamic players. He is 100k on PS4 and I don't think he will stay Amethyst.

Maybe I should get both Gervin and AD. It's possible with 120k when I put some time in it. Doesn't help the C position but I can see how it works and decide who I'm selling back when the AS packs are gone.

What about TBT Howard or historic Hakeem?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Pro

I never saw the value of getting DPOY Dwight and Hakeem is too pricey. I got draymond for 75k a few days ago, unless you feed the post for hook shots and fades, you could spend that mt on other players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

I highly doubt that Draymond will drop a lot, even if he drops to an 88 OVR it won't matter too much. He was already the best PF in the game when he was an 85 OVR.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Couldn't control myself and bought badged out AS Gervin with 67 contracts for 50k. I think that's a great deal on PS4. So no frontcourt help but value for money.

AS CP3 / Kidd
AS Richmond / AS Thompson
AS Gervin / AS Barry
Durant / Aldridge
DPOY Mutombo / DPOY Gasol

I will try my SG/SF rotation out for a few weeks and decide who has to go after AS packs are gone.

Reward RTTF Kareem in april right?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Good thread I too am wondering what kind of big would fit warriors freelance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »