Home

Packs now or wait?

This is a discussion on Packs now or wait? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Packs now or wait?

I'm a relative newbie to myTeam but after a long run at myCareer, I have 80,000 VC so I'm planning on using it for packs in myTeam.

My question: I see that the All-Star MVP packs expire in 22 hours. Should I grab a box now or should I wait for the next new kind of pack that will come in the next few weeks? Or should I skip All-Star MVP altogether and buy Moments packs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Packs now or wait?

Save yourself the VC and headache and don't ever buy packs, they are absolute trash.

Play Domination to get players, you'll build yourself a nice squad by running through it and you'll build up some MyTeam. Play Gauntlet to increase your card count to get some of the collector rewards. You can then use the MT you get to buy players or play the AH to get more MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 03-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

If you want to build your collection, consider buying the cheapest packs (AD on the cover). Best VC to MT conversion rate, and the scrubs you pull will help you clear some collection rewards.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I say crack open those packs. A box is perfect to kick off myteam
Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
Pro

just have no expectations of pulling anyone good. than you won't be letdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
If you want to build your collection, consider buying the cheapest packs (AD on the cover). Best VC to MT conversion rate, and the scrubs you pull will help you clear some collection rewards.
I agree with QNo

Buy the AD ones. They will give you some collectors levels, plus you will get some 50-60k to start myteam after/if you sell them.

I would not reccomend to spend VC on boxes as even most gold players go for 1400 while a bronze goes for 800, and you will be able to get 40 pcks with bronzes silvers while only 10 silver/golds if you buy the expensive box.

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-02-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

just listen to QNo. building up collector level and getting free MT is the best boost. you will have a gold squad in no time if you check for good deals in the AH.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #8
MVP

although I have and still occasional spend a lil MT on packs I dont recommend it.

what I have been doing is saving VC from the mobile app (takes a long time) to have enough to buy a box. at least you get one free pack. and it doesnt cost me anything. Bad thing is it takes about 4 weeks to save up to get a box. lol. but while MVP packs are running I plan to have enough VC saved to get one of those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »