Home

Top 10 "2k gifted animations" in MyTeam.

This is a discussion on Top 10 "2k gifted animations" in MyTeam. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Top 10 "2k gifted animations" in MyTeam.

You know what I'm talking about; I'm talking about the animations that no one has control over and they benefit the other player (or you) in critical situations that usually end up deciding the difference between winning and losing. This list is in order of frequency:

1. Lack of cpu defensive transition IQ.
2. Ridiculous defensive reflexes that can tip and / or intercept a good pass.
3. Losing the ball for no reason in "traffic" and it looks like the ball handler is drunk afterwards.
4. Perfectly contested made shots in the paint.
5. Perfectly contested jump shots in general.
6. Slow a** layup or dunk animations that get blocked.
7. Unwanted moving shot animations when your guy should have his feet planted.
8. Outlet passes that you and I could make that get thrown out of bounds.
9. Guys refusing to box out Andre Drummond.
10. Players showboating or complaining or falling after a scored basket, which leads to a 5 on 4 game down court.

I find it funny how it always manages to have just the right combination of these to make the game close to even for both teams, but that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Top 10 "2k gifted animations" in MyTeam.

I really hate losing the ball animation. We were having a debate once and a guy said in reference to a video that the other guy lost the ball because he was dribbling in front of a good defender. The issue with that is, the defender didnt make a defensive move. When he does, thats called a steal. What we are talking about is the player just losing the ball by being close to the defender. Not even making contact. He just loses the ball, which appears to touch the defender but if it goes out of bounds 9 out of 10 times its out on the offense.

That almost never happens in real life, yet it happens sometimes several times in a game. I have gotten much better at avoiding it but the game would be much better if they remove that animation all together. It doesnt serve any purpose except to artificially and unrealistically affect the game.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
Pro

I got bill russell to anchor the paint and he flopped when a guy hop step. Why have a defensive stud and he still falls to the flop animation.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I got bill russell to anchor the paint and he flopped when a guy hop step. Why have a defensive stud and he still falls to the flop animation.
Another huge issue I forgot to mention was the issue of playing perfect hands up defense and usering the big man down low, only for 2k to bail out the ball carrier with a foul your guy commits that you didn't even control, or as you said, a stupid flop animation you had no control of.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #5
Pro

I also dislike the ineffectiveness of bigs once you face teams with guys who got high steal ratings. It just stupid when you got enough space to dunk but the gather animation is slow and the two handed dunks are always behind the head. The slow gather allows guys to just spam the steal button and the bad dunk animation allows for easy blocks.

Online I wish my bigs just had a weak dunk animation. All those powerful and flashy dunks are useless when they get swatted by anybody. Bigs need a post hand rating or something, those strips in the post are too OP for late defenders.

IRL DeAndre jordan will finish anything inside with a big jam. In 2k john wall can just come in and just take the ball off him like he doesn't know how to protect the ball. IRL john wall would have been on a poster if he attempted to run at him like that.

Last edited by tt500; 03-04-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 02:32 AM   #6
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Not really an animation but just something undeserving, hate when people double me, I make the right pass and my guys can't hit. I lost a game today like this down the stretch he kept doubling and I could not hit a jumper to save my life. The worst is the long rebounds led to fastbreaks by them. I ended up losing by a couple buckets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »