Home

Current Steph Curry review

This is a discussion on Current Steph Curry review within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Current Steph Curry review

I tried Steph too many times last year and I was clearly dissapointed. Couldn't get his shot down no matter how much I tried.

This year I had never tried him, as every time I was playing against him he was REALLY bad

I played against a friend though, who is much more defensive-minded in a friendly game and had Curry in his line-up, and he felt really good.

So I decided to try him. Bought him with 32 gold badges for 100K and bought 3 perimeter lockdown badges for him.

I have used Wall mostly but also Isiah, AS Paul, Westbrook, Kyrie, Lillard.

I have played only 5 games with him but as far as I can see he is by far the best PG.

He has better ball control AND acceleration than AS paul, which helps in the explosion after pick. His passing stats are in par and so are his shooting skills. The best part is compared to AS Paul, not only he feels faster but also his 3"" bigger height plus his tear dropper animations make him MUCH more usufull finishing at the rim.

His shot release is very quick, which has a negative side (difficult to get down, I haven't really yet), but once you do is really usefull (KD is similar case).

Another great attribute vs Wall/Westbrook is that he can space the floor for all his teammates. Everyone focuses on him, so he can easily distribute the ball.

In 5 games I made 3 double-double with him.

Most people I have played against using him are just forcing shots with him and he just bricks all the time, but if you let the game just flow, he is a double-double machine.

I believe he is underrated too in this forum cause I do not see him in many line-ups/threads.

His D is suprisingle decent enough, boosted by PLD. I think on-balldefense has been boosted by 2k to be honest. However he can hold his position. Facing super athletic PG as Russell cause him problems. Good thing with this, is that usually this line-ups employ a spot-shooting SG as Klay. I would recommend to put Curry to defens on the spot-shooter on Tight/Tight or Smother/Deny, and thus "hide" him a bit on D

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-06-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Current Steph Curry review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

So I decided to try him. Bought him with 32 gold badges for 100K and bought 3 perimeter lockdown badges for him.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

I cannot play with him. Whenever I use him I abandon my normal game and try to make Curry-like plays, end up shooting like 5-17 FG every time. They're all B+ or A looks according to 2k but brick almost every time. Even when I kick it out to him in the corner he's less reliable than LBJ or T-Mac. He doesn't make sense for my game anyway, which is predicated on ball movement and defense.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I cannot play with him. Whenever I use him I abandon my normal game and try to make Curry-like plays, end up shooting like 5-17 FG every time.
yeah, I know, there is this kind of "Curry-effect", than can carry (lol) you away.

I probably did it also in my first game, (partially because I won by 30), and I 'have seen it in many players. trying to run left/right and pop 3s even contested.

But I think this is our mental issue, and we can not blame the card for this. Lebron James is also a card that can not do all the offensive stuff he does irl, but we try to adjust.

Regarding release I too agree it is difficult , and haven't mastered it since it is too fast. But I had same issues with KD, and now I see his release as a blessing, because it requires minimum free space, and if I had to choose one player to take the final shot it will be KD.

So I believe shooting will require many games to find it perfecty.

These arcs lay-up animations though...

I never had a double double with any PG before and I got 3 in 5 games with Steph.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
These arcs lay-up animations though...

This is the only thing I don't like about this card. I missed like 2-3 high arching lay-ups a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Banned

Qno has the same affliction I do.

If you want a serious point guard that plays defense....and is cheaper...Blue Jerry West. Hands down my favorite pg this year.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 11:02 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Man, I remember when I first played with Steph Curry in PNO, I couldn't hit a damn thing with him. After over a hundred games playing with him I can't miss. All my shots are on the line whenever I shoot with him. I love his quick release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »