Home

Trying to find loopholes to win RTTP is getting tiring.

This is a discussion on Trying to find loopholes to win RTTP is getting tiring. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #25
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trying to find loopholes to win RTTP is getting tiring.

gold westbrook turbo > everything in this game. I dunno man, I might not be able to ever get out of the 4th seed. all these months later, GOAT status in play now, and I still can't stop people from inbounding to halfcourt and running in for a dunk. the game is a joke tbh why am I still doing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
gold westbrook turbo > everything in this game. I dunno man, I might not be able to ever get out of the 4th seed. all these months later, GOAT status in play now, and I still can't stop people from inbounding to halfcourt and running in for a dunk. the game is a joke tbh why am I still doing this?
The halfcourt inbound to Westbrook style of play is the MOST annoying of all.

The only thing that helps (A BIT) is switchting to protect the paint, run 2-3 zone, and after your basket you control your center and rush back.

Sometimes I call for a double team on westbrook too.

It is plain silly though that 6 months after release this is still a valid tactic
Old 03-14-2016, 08:04 AM   #27
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
The halfcourt inbound to Westbrook style of play is the MOST annoying of all.

The only thing that helps (A BIT) is switchting to protect the paint, run 2-3 zone, and after your basket you control your center and rush back.

Sometimes I call for a double team on westbrook too.

It is plain silly though that 6 months after release this is still a valid tactic

Absolutely agree. I have DR John Wall with +6 steal shoes in my lineup, he is fully badged with bruiser, perimeter LD, picket pocket, interceptor, chase down artist,eraser, defensive crasher and charge card. When Westbrook comes on the floor and the person starts cheesing it doesn't last long. Every time I play against Westbrook he gets blocked, stripped or misses the shot. For a dose of their own medicine, Wall will grab the board and turbo down the floor and finish. There are very few players that can contain Westbrook in this game. I have DPOY Payton and AS CP3. Those two struggle big time against Westbrook when I'm using them (could be just me). John wall on the other hand shuts down Westbrook easily for me.
One notable game is when I stripped a Westbrook cheeser 7 times in the 1st half and this was in the first seed RTTP. The person also had Ewing, so that tells me he has been cheesing with lots of success. Shame on 2k for allowing this strategy to be successful. I'm a firm believer in the eye for an eye concept. So if the person wants to play like randy moss in 2k, I will play like Jerry Rice until they learn a lesson or completely stop their bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 03-14-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #28
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

What really pisses me off about this game is when people abuse the turbo button by zig zagging for an open shot. And as soon as they get a little space, they shoot the 3 and it drops. Like c'mon 2k. It's not successful every possession but it's so unrealistic. How many players can run at full speed zig zagging and holding the ball for 20 seconds and then hit a 3 contested? I see people do this stuff with Kyrie a lot. It's annoying and forces me having to adjust my defensive settings every game to prepare for this cheese.

Secondly, what's up with the post game? I have Hakeem and sometimes when there's a mismatch I can't exploit it. I remember I couldn't back down Richard Hamilton on 3 possessions lol. Dude has like 50 strength and Hakeem got 91! I had to settle for the post fade since Rip inherited Ben Wallace strength on those opportunities.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Absolutely agree. I have DR John Wall with +6 steal shoes in my lineup, he is fully badged with bruiser, perimeter LD, picket pocket, interceptor, chase down artist,eraser, defensive crasher and charge card. When Westbrook comes on the floor and the person starts cheesing it doesn't last long. Every time I play against Westbrook he gets blocked, stripped or misses the shot. For a dose of their own medicine, Wall will grab the board and turbo down the floor and finish. There are very few players that can contain Westbrook in this game. I have DPOY Payton and AS CP3. Those two struggle big time against Westbrook when I'm using them (could be just me). John wall on the other hand shuts down Westbrook easily for me.
One notable game is when I stripped a Westbrook cheeser 7 times in the 1st half and this was in the first seed RTTP. The person also had Ewing, so that tells me he has been cheesing with lots of success. Shame on 2k for allowing this strategy to be successful. I'm a firm believer in the eye for an eye concept. So if the person wants to play like randy moss in 2k, I will play like Jerry Rice until they learn a lesson or completely stop their bs.

My problem with this is not only on defense. Strangely, these people play in a frenzy way, and also in defense they double team, or press full court, which in consequence most of the time forces me at least mentally to play in the same frenetic rythm, ane eventually I lose.

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-14-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #30
MVP

Coming back on the above.

I JUST played against a turbo cheeser with a team called Rain Makers. He did not run ONE normal offense.

NONE!

NOT A SINGLE ONE!

Even after basket or timeout or start of period, he would pass the ball to half court Westbrook/Kidd and just turbo.

I switched to my Center, run 2-3 zone, and pressed L1 for a double team to Westbrook/Kidd every possesion. I won really easy cause this guy would not play ANY defense AT ALL. He would double team all the time and I would just move the ball and dunk all alone under the basket.

This guy was clueless. He had LBJ at PF and DR Draymond at C but he wouldn't do ANYTHING else than the turbo cheese. Even after it was clear that I was able to counter it (somehow)

The worrying part is that he had Amethyst Mullin at SF.

This means that this guy, has won at least 9/12 games on top tiers... Disgusting...

PS. WIth 2 seconds to go I was +14 up, I called 2 back to back full time-outs and he quit. I admit that it was unsportmanship from my side, (and if I am certain winner I never run last offense I just hold the ball until the clocl expires), but if you play like that you can not experct courtesy. I am SO glad he didn't even win the 800 MT of a normal game

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-14-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #31
MVP

I finally just this weekend finished 3 Gold Seeds and got to Unrestricted. So I'm probably in for a nasty surprise in Seed 4 with stacked teams being run by players who are either good or good at cheese or both.

But through 1 Silver and 3 Gold, I never found fast break cheese or 3 point cheese (zig-zag or otherwise) to be all that much of an issue

When fast break duels end up erupting, I'll give up some of those baskets but not a big deal. So far, it hasn't seemed like a terribly big deal if I set PoE to Limit Transition and sprint back with my Center. I always have at least 3 guys who can rim protect at the 5 because they're so constantly sprinting (usually split almost even minutes between two of them, though).

Played against a pretty crap player this weekend whose only reliable-ish means of scoring was to turbo along from top of arc to the corner to go baseline with Westbrook. Focused on cutting him off after the first couple times and mostly shut it down afterward.

Think he was also hitting some ridiculous 3-pointers with Korver but only a couple/few and, in the end, it averaged out to no big deal.

I think the key thing to do in RttP is to not get worked up over cheesy tactics by the opponent and get taken out of your game. You can still fast break but don't throw reckless outlet passes, and don't force passes to cutters, don't force bad layups/dunks by those cutters. Don't get dismayed by opponent hitting a couple/few ridiculous threes and try to follow suit.

Just stay focused on a solid gameplan and execute well. I find that, usually, the game will come back to you. Not necessarily Slow, but Steady will win the race.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
What really pisses me off about this game is when people abuse the turbo button by zig zagging for an open shot. And as soon as they get a little space, they shoot the 3 and it drops. Like c'mon 2k. It's not successful every possession but it's so unrealistic. How many players can run at full speed zig zagging and holding the ball for 20 seconds and then hit a 3 contested? I see people do this stuff with Kyrie a lot. It's annoying and forces me having to adjust my defensive settings every game to prepare for this cheese.

Secondly, what's up with the post game? I have Hakeem and sometimes when there's a mismatch I can't exploit it. I remember I couldn't back down Richard Hamilton on 3 possessions lol. Dude has like 50 strength and Hakeem got 91! I had to settle for the post fade since Rip inherited Ben Wallace strength on those opportunities.

this works the other way around too. had Centers, not even lockdown all of a sudden become godlike perimeter defenders and check PG's like CP3. if you get stuck in that tractor-beam like animation its a done deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »