Home

Devs: Please Update These Players Stats

This is a discussion on Devs: Please Update These Players Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Devs: Please Update These Players Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
It was a problem created by 2k. Nobody was complaining about curry being slow. Now they can't turn back and reduce his speed, now they have to at least address the ratings they claimed are based on a legend scale.
there is no legends scale at this point. time to move on from that. Curry's 85 speed felt really slow initially, then they boosted him. which felt better, but the last boost is way too high. he's definitely not as fast as those guys. but again, overcompensating because he doesnt play like IRL.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I'm not too bothered by making Curry's Acceleration elite. I would assume that Westbrook and Wall are more explosive, but I try not to think too much about comparative stats, because there's just too much to potentially quibble with. And it's not like we have quantitative data for attributes such as acceleration.

Certainly, I wouldn't argue with Curry having 90 or high 80's Acceleration, but I don't have an issue with his 94/96 in Current/Dynamic. This year, he dances around the perimeter with dribble moves and then drives to the basket with real explosiveness. He's very often getting past his defender in the first few steps and is either contending with interior defenders collapsing on him, or protecting the ball from his own defender, who is trailing at that point.

Also look at how quickly he can stop and change directions, as a ballhandler and also when running around off-ball screens.

So, again, not sure he "deserves" 94 or 96, but I also wouldn't say that he does not deserve it.
Harryl, I believe there may be quantitative speed/acceleration data either being gathered by the NBA, or in the offing, per a Zach Lowe Grantland piece from about a year ago.

But Curry's speed and acceleration may be deceptive, with him being surprisingly average. In a conventional foot race, maybe Lebron, Westbrook, Wall, others, absolutely smoke him. Curry is making a case for best shooter ever, but that shooting, like perceptions of his speed are greatly assisted by Golden State's intelligence, depth, and versatility. Also, great shooters force close outs that good shooters don't. Curry gets so much deserved respect for his shot, he can waltz around scrambling defenders. And lastly, look to Curry's lack of vertical explosiveness as indicative of unexceptional raw speed/acceleration.

(PS4 users friend me, if this website has the option)
Old 03-09-2016, 05:22 AM   #11
Rookie

Speed and Acceleration has been a mess this year. Forget about the Dynamic cards, which have been a way for them to correct it/improve the speed of the game.

Look at TBT Dragic speed and acceleration, now look at Porzingis, KAT, Anthony Davis. The scale is especially important in the physical ratings, when your point guard can't out pace the centres, it's an issue.

I was more than ok with the speed of the game when it came out. Players felt good, the game was played at a realistic pace and there were mismatches that were more easily exploitable.

One thing 2k needs to realize, is that base cards can't be rendered useless once there's a Moments C or PF. There are only a couple of big mans that can defend a PG properly one on one, and this kind of principle should maintain thought the game's lifespan.

It's not the difference between 90 and 94 that is a problem but the difference between 78 and 85.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would be beautiful if they could fix Ray. At least put some hair on the guy if we can't adjust his stats. I know with Shaq the Magic version looks different than the LA and Heat for example which I appreciate.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJJJay
Would be beautiful if they could fix Ray. At least put some hair on the guy if we can't adjust his stats. I know with Shaq the Magic version looks different than the LA and Heat for example which I appreciate.
yes, but they really need to fix his speed/acc. the 31 year old card is faster than the 25 year old and we know thats wrong. but true, he needs hair and removal of the arm sleeve.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:00 AM   #14
Rookie

The onyx ray card last year was perfect for sonics ray. Even the badges were correct.

The bucks ray this year is slow as molasses
Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #15
MVP

bump

would like the Devs to catch this at the beginning of the week. would like to see these players updated, especially being that they can still be used in challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #16
Rookie

All-Star Glenn Rice has broken 3pt tendencies. They look like they belong to a center. Great card otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »