Home

2k: intentional deflated Diamond prices

This is a discussion on 2k: intentional deflated Diamond prices within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #9
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k: intentional deflated Diamond prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Chili, this didn't happen overnight.

All problem was caused by the missing content of the players and MT. Until almost Chrismas time there were only the 5 original amethysts and 2 TBT cards. No one would open packs, because why would they? The only interesting cards were really few.

I remind you that be November last year ALL hostoric cards were released, plus you were given sapphire versions of the best historic players for completing a collection.

Seeing that people are not buying packs, 2k decided to throw historical scale out of the window and release Diamond Scola, Diamond Jamal, Diamond J.R. So these cards were the best of the game, but no one actually could get them. TBT Melo was a 90 amethyst that went for 400-500k. Did it deserve it? No way. Current Durant is at least equally good or even better and was up for 100. but pack odds were so terrible so the new Diamond cards woulg go fo millions

So what would a player do? Spend hundreds of real money on packs that would give him silver players in return? Noway. He started buying MT from coin sellers.

Finally 2k started realising that they are losing money and raised pack odds so people could buy some VC instead of MT with a real chance they could get something.

It is almost end of March, game is almost done and Jordan is not released, Sixers Iverson is not, Magic T-mac is not, All star pack is not released, Grant Hill is not released, VC was released only last weak and so on.

At the same time MT can not be generated. Every buy and Sell evaporates 10% of the MT amount around, games generated MT covers only contracts and the ONLY MT injection is MT buying and VC buying.

Once again 2k totally SCREWED a mode thatcould have been great.

If only the could just COPY Fifa Ultimate team mode with 2ks gameplay. But everytime they have such silly ideas. Who cares if there is a Diamond Jennings? Alan Iverson is not out. By the time he is released half of the players are playing another game. No wonder how much the prices deflated
This is true but only half of the story. No question these clown diamond cards were a joke and rushed.
After hundreds of complaints that diamonds are "unaffordable" - including youtubers like Gento - 2k increased the pack odds over night. They went from bone dry to super juiced, all of a sudden even tons of Kobes were on the market while there were a handful in before.
I dont have a problem with diamonds being cheap (while i liked the concept of diamonds being rare) but at least make it predictable. Imo changing pack odds without any heads up is a bad move. I dont play other sport games like Fifa or Madden but my guess would be this would never happen. Pack odds might be bad or good but should be steady and predictable.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 03-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Honestly, I think the prices are getting more to the point that 2k originally intended. I don't think 2k ever wanted a diamond card to sell for a million. Unfortunately, the people that got those cards put those crazy numbers on them and when they sold to people that had to have them, the price was set. We were the ones that set ridiculous prices for card tiers and then complained when we couldn't afford them. I think this is evident in the quick sell prices that are on the cards. Why would a gold card that quick sells for 1300 be worth 60-80k? It had less to do with pack odds, and more to do with our own perception of the player.

Gold Yao Ming goes for almost 100k while an amethyst DPOY Zo goes for 40k. Why? Because we all think Yao is some magical card that's worth the extra MT. We throw logic out the window in favor of our emotions and our previous 2k15 experiences.

We are responsible for these crazy prices. As long as someone is greedy enough to spend 1M MT to be the one guy with that diamond player, they will keep coming out at those stupid prices.

I've spent plenty of real $, VC, and MT to build a team of players that I like. So I know that I helped contribute to the mess that we had price wise. My team cost me about 750k MT to put together and now it's worth maybe half that. Oh well. That's the cost we pay. This is very much like everything else you buy in life. Pay only what it's worth to you and know that it's likely to depreciate in value almost immediately.

If you go into it with the mindset that you have the team you want when you want it for a price that was reasonable to you at the time, then there really shouldn't be any sour grapes now.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Gold Yao Ming goes for almost 100k while an amethyst DPOY Zo goes for 40k. Why? Because we all think Yao is some magical card that's worth the extra MT. We throw logic out the window in favor of our emotions and our previous 2k15 experiences.
It's not just simply about people thinking that Card A is better than Card B. A lot of that has to do with rarity. The Yao card is just plain rarer, and also the only Yao card in the game (there is a Gold and Silver Mourning). And also that 89 is top of Gold Tier, and can be played in Gold restricted games, and 90 is bottom of Amethyst.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Honestly, I think the prices are getting more to the point that 2k originally intended. I don't think 2k ever wanted a diamond card to sell for a million. Unfortunately, the people that got those cards put those crazy numbers on them and when they sold to people that had to have them, the price was set. We were the ones that set ridiculous prices for card tiers and then complained when we couldn't afford them. I think this is evident in the quick sell prices that are on the cards. Why would a gold card that quick sells for 1300 be worth 60-80k? It had less to do with pack odds, and more to do with our own perception of the player.

We are responsible for these crazy prices. As long as someone is greedy enough to spend 1M MT to be the one guy with that diamond player, they will keep coming out at those stupid prices.

I've spent plenty of real $, VC, and MT to build a team of players that I like. So I know that I helped contribute to the mess that we had price wise. My team cost me about 750k MT to put together and now it's worth maybe half that. Oh well. That's the cost we pay. This is very much like everything else you buy in life. Pay only what it's worth to you and know that it's likely to depreciate in value almost immediately.

If you go into it with the mindset that you have the team you want when you want it for a price that was reasonable to you at the time, then there really shouldn't be any sour grapes now.
You got a point there. I said it before. TBT Melo was going for 400-500, when he was almost identical to gold that went for 12 back then, and probably worse than KD that went for 100
Old 03-18-2016, 09:53 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It's not just simply about people thinking that Card A is better than Card B. A lot of that has to do with rarity. The Yao card is just plain rarer, and also the only Yao card in the game (there is a Gold and Silver Mourning). And also that 89 is top of Gold Tier, and can be played in Gold restricted games, and 90 is bottom of Amethyst.
So how this would explain the Current Melo vs TBT Nuggets melo original variance of 400k?

Rarity for sure plays a part, but also hype and a feeling that the amethyst/diamond provides automatic wins.

By the way, i got a fully badged D12 TBT todat for 36K. I recall the days of his release he was going for 600. I will still use AD as my primary center
Old 03-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #14
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

2k: intentional deflated Diamond prices

Quote:
So how this would explain the Current Melo vs TBT Nuggets melo original variance of 400k?

Rarity for sure plays a part, but also hype and a feeling that the amethyst/diamond provides automatic wins.

By the way, i got a fully badged D12 TBT todat for 36K. I recall the days of his release he was going for 600. I will still use AD as my primary center

Now that's a snipe and a difference maker haha. You mean DPOY?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 03-18-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

Yeah, I just bought D12 the other day for 74k and I thought it was a good deal at the time. I am happy with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 10:14 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Now that's a snipe and a difference maker haha. You mean DPOY?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
no TBT howard, the 91 one rated card. I am totally broke now, couldn't afford the DPOY but I would still use AD, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money anyway.

I am sentimental with the trio LBJ-KD-AD. They gave me the RTTP title this year and last year too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »