Home

How do you try out your lineups before heading into Rttp?

This is a discussion on How do you try out your lineups before heading into Rttp? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you try out your lineups before heading into Rttp?

Do you guys do the other level challenges over and over? I've done all the weekly challenges and normal ones, don't have anyone to do friendlys this sucks. Some of the challenges are really easy too so they don't really mimic what you'll see in road especially in the higher seeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
Pro

Re: How do you try out your lineups before heading into Rttp?

I go to the win 7-0 series to test out my lineups. It doesn't have a restriction so I am not stuck using 3 amethysts or golds, etc. I try different rotations in there and see how people work together after I get new cards. Also I have tested out different freelances and playbooks there too. Beat that challenge at least 4 times now.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

I have a custom offline roster. Not all cards are available based on the Play Now teams, but most players are there and editable to match myteam stats and badges. This allows me to run scrimmage, practice plays, and any other modes with my squad w/o wasting contracts. Though no MT is made, it's a great way to lab your game plan for online h2h/rttp, especially offensive sets.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
I have a custom offline roster. Not all cards are available based on the Play Now teams, but most players are there and editable to match myteam stats and badges. This allows me to run scrimmage, practice plays, and any other modes with my squad w/o wasting contracts. Though no MT is made, it's a great way to lab your game plan for online h2h/rttp, especially offensive sets.
I did that too when I was first trying to learn the different freelances. Also it is useful for inserting a new player into your team without actually buying them. I would love the idea of a trial card, or loan card like in Fifa. But before I go out and spend say 400k on a player, I will put him in my lineup on the custom roster, throw on a scrimmage, and see how he fits into the flow of the rotation.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I did that too when I was first trying to learn the different freelances. Also it is useful for inserting a new player into your team without actually buying them. I would love the idea of a trial card, or loan card like in Fifa. But before I go out and spend say 400k on a player, I will put him in my lineup on the custom roster, throw on a scrimmage, and see how he fits into the flow of the rotation.
What's the name of that challenge? Do you mean the weekly ones because you can't play those again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
What's the name of that challenge? Do you mean the weekly ones because you can't play those again.

It's the 82-0 Iverson challenge
Old 03-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

The most I do is go into the freestyle mode and practice new player's jumpshots. Otherwise most of my practice comes in-game.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxyCougar
It's the 82-0 Iverson challenge
ok I found it nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »