Home

There are games where 2k's just straight out to get you in RTTP.

This is a discussion on There are games where 2k's just straight out to get you in RTTP. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: There are games where 2k's just straight outt to get you in RTTP.

You know, there's a point where you just have to accept that you're not as good at the game as you should be. If that is your team in your sig, you should be able to be running through seed 1 with ease over and over again if you have committed the time and focus to winning RTTP games.

That means having a consistent offense and defense, and of course, accepting that 2K will **** you over a few times during a game. How you handle that pressure is what defines the better online H2H players.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
You know, there's a point where you just have to accept that you're not as good at the game as you should be. If that is your team in your sig, you should be able to be running through seed 1 with ease over and over again if you have committed the time and focus to winning RTTP games.

That means having a consistent offense and defense, and of course, accepting that 2K will **** you over a few times during a game. How you handle that pressure is what defines the better online H2H players.
He is partially right you know. I have won more than enough times seed 1 with not a single diamond. I have won it ALSO with 2nd team that has only 3 amethysts and the rest gold. Surely the game will screw you over sometimes, you will face cheesers etc, you will also lose games due to connection errors, but with the team you have you should be crusing most of the times.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Re: There are games where 2k's just straight out to get you in RTTP.

This issue has been tackled so many times..... Mods please close it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #12
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
He is partially right you know. I have won more than enough times seed 1 with not a single diamond. I have won it ALSO with 2nd team that has only 3 amethysts and the rest gold. Surely the game will screw you over sometimes, you will face cheesers etc, you will also lose games due to connection errors, but with the team you have you should be crusing most of the times.
As the OP has no signature i guess you are talking about me? I've beatenRTTP several times within a couple of weeks. I win 90% of the games (since Magic - before prob a bit less) but still it annoys me to see this BS happen. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, i dont care about that. And what you, kabamaru, are describing, uis exactly what the Equalizer is about: If you have a low OVR team there could be an equalizer to counterbalance that disadvantage to a certain degree. I had a lot of sucess with an all gold and silver team vs stacked teams with diamonds too.
A lot of things as described happen more often if you play with a much lower OVR team. Then Gold Brook Lopez is flying in over 2 elite Bigs to grab an offensive board. Hassan Whiteside warps through the paint. On the other side players jump out of bounds when they grab a board or inbound. Elite ballhandlers turn the ball over for no reason etc. I have experienced this from both sides.

It may or may not exist and could be a mixture of different balancing mechanics but please 2k dont implement it in 2k17.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-07-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
As the OP has no signature i guess you are talking about me? I've beatenRTTP several times within a couple of weeks. I win 90% of the games (since Magic - before prob a bit less) but still it annoys me to see this BS happen. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, i dont care about that. And what you, kabamaru, are describing, uis exactly what the Equalizer is about: If you have a low OVR team there could be an equalizer to counterbalance that disadvantage to a certain degree. I had a lot of sucess with an all gold and silver team vs stacked teams with diamonds too.

It may or may not exist and could be a mixture of different balancing mechanics but please 2k dont implement it in 2k17.
What most of people don't understand is that Team Chemistry & Human ability > High OVR Cards.

There are many people that are fine using Gold Wallbrook vs Current AMETHYST Paul even if he has lower overall (and color).

People will use current PG13 or Kawhi more than current Melo due to defense.

Yet the SAME people will see a Diamond Melo and believe this is an automatic win because they face a MVP Durant that costs 50K. Hell no. Player abilities have to do with Game Mechanics and what someone is trying to do with them.

For example if you see my main line-up you may understand why I prefer TBT LBJ over Diamond. I have more than enough shooting, so I prefer the more faster/dunker version.

I can't say for a fact that there IS or there is NOT an equalizer in the game.

First because every time I play I face diferrent opponents. If I play seed 1 with my low rated team facing 6 times opponents from seed 3 wth 3-4 amethysts tops I have more chance winning seed 1, rather than using my best squad and face 6 times opponents with full diamond line-ups from Seed1.

Last year I was winning almost every time seed 1 with 10-0 with Ruby dunker MJ/Sapph DR-J/LBJ/Diamond KD/ Yao.

When I was usig Gold Lillard/Sapph Mullin/LBJ/KD/Gold Noah I really had more difficult time. I won seed 1 3 times out of 10 for example.

So I didn't see any equalizer effect. Again this is not definite since I was not playing against same opponents.

I don't believe an equalizer exist in RTTP games. I am more happy to see a full gold squad against me than a full diamond one.

Regarding momentum/scripting I would believe that it might exist though. Only a blind would deny that nothing like that exists in games in general, especially if he has played FIFA. There are games in 2k that I am feeling that game has momentum for me/against me.

In general though I do not feel that the game is so scripted that it makes it unplayable.

Last edited by kabamaru; 04-07-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #14
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

If you guys listen to announcers when you are getting shafted by 2k, they'd say things like questionable shot selection or WHAT WAS HE THINKING about 90+ shooters taking wide open spot up shots from hot zones, that says a lot about momentum bs, I'm convinced that game drops/raises ratings significantly at some points of the game to simulate runs and it has nothing to do with how much better or worse you are playing, switch just flips and you can't make point blank layups with defender jumping to contest in opposite direction or open shots getting d+ shot selection, of course 2k will deny or just not say anything about it, but it is very real. All you can do is milk the clock and try to draw fouls and bust your A on D.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #15
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
What most of people don't understand is that Team Chemistry & Human ability > High OVR Cards.

There are many people that are fine using Gold Wallbrook vs Current AMETHYST Paul even if he has lower overall (and color).

For example if you see my main line-up you may understand why I prefer TBT LBJ over Diamond. I have more than enough shooting, so I prefer the more faster/dunker version.

I can't say for a fact that there IS or there is NOT an equalizer in the game.

First because every time I play I face diferrent opponents. If I play seed 1 with my low rated team facing 6 times opponents from seed 3 wth 3-4 amethysts tops I have more chance winning seed 1, rather than using my best squad and face 6 times opponents with full diamond line-ups from Seed1.

Last year I was winning almost every time seed 1 with 10-0 with Ruby dunker MJ/Sapph DR-J/LBJ/Diamond KD/ Yao.

When I was usig Gold Lillard/Sapph Mullin/LBJ/KD/Gold Noah I really had more difficult time. I won seed 1 3 times out of 10 for example.

So I didn't see any equalizer effect. Again this is not definite since I was not playing against same opponents.

I don't believe an equalizer exist in RTTP games. I am more happy to see a full gold squad against me than a full diamond one.

Regarding momentum/scripting I would believe that it might exist though. Only a blind would deny that nothing like that exists in games in general, especially if he has played FIFA. There are games in 2k that I am feeling that game has momentum for me/against me.

In general though I do not feel that the game is so scripted that it makes it unplayable.
I hope most people get that skills are always more important than high rated cards, this is obvious. A full diamond starting 5 cannot win vs a way better human without any diamonds, see nk's videos.

The highlighted point you made is intersting though and this is exactly my experience as well. As soon as i had a very good team last year with Ruby MJ and Onyx Tmac (absolute goat card last year imo btw - like Magic this year) i rarely lost in seed 1 and it was more difficult with a weaker team.
This year it is
1) more random due to a possible scripted momentum swing (especially if you have a huge lead at the halftime...) AND you have
2) a good chance with a low OVR team due to a possible equalizing effect.

Edit: I always promoted team chemistry along with 2BG and i hope that will be implemented in 2k17. This should have a huge positive impact as people are forced to build smart teams without just using the best OVR cards
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-07-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Some weird things happen in 2K, and some will probably be very unfortunate to you, BUT if you can't get past a certain seed.... it's your problem. 2K may screw you out of 1-2 games a seed, but if you can't beat the seed, it's your fault. Man up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »