Home

George Gervin ASG

This is a discussion on George Gervin ASG within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
George Gervin ASG

Does anybody here use him? I picked him up with 15 Gold Badges for 40K in the auction house a few weeks ago and he's been a budget beast for me. I had sold my ASG Rick Barry for him and was concerned I would be missing his 3 point rating but Gervin's athleticism and driving layup and dunk ratings make up for not having high 3 point shot ratings. Every defensive rebound, Gervin is the first person down the court on the break. He has great free throw ratings too so if he gets fouled, it's a guaranteed 2 points with his 87 free throw rating. Plus when paired with another 2 guard that's just as athletic like a Gold T-Mac or Amethyst James Harden, you have a deadly force that can score. I'm experimenting with 2 guard that compliment him best and so far T-Mac is working out the most. I'm thinking of pairing him with Moments Klay Thompson. I'll see if I can snatch him up cheap this week with the new packs dropping. I'd like to see if anyone else uses the Iceman.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
George Gervin ASG

I love this card, he has some of the best dribble animations for a wing and is an amazing finisher. He's one of my favorite cards this year. I run him at the 2.

Last edited by Scramz718; 04-07-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: George Gervin ASG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I love this card, he has some of the best dribble animations for a wing and is an amazing finisher. He's one of my favorite cards this year. I run him at the 2.
I dont use him much right now because he doesnt fit in my rotation, but I agree, he is one of the better values out there. he and DPOY MJ are the best non-Diamond wings in the game stat-wise. no other non-Diamond wings can match their ballhandling, defending, playmaking, and finishing. actually, them and TBT LBJ are the three best non-Diamonds in the game IMO.

when you tipped me off about boosting his BC and they put more badges on him, he played much much better. if he came with dribble badges, he'd be even better. I catch so many people off guard in Gauntlet with him and he kills it.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

I run him at the 2 as well and he made a terrific combo with current LBJ in transition. The only downside was the lack of outside shooting they both provided. If you can afford it, I would suggest moving Gervin at the 2 spot (his size and defensive ratings make him a matchup problem for almost any SG out there) and pair him with TBT LBJ who has a decent 3 point shot.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
I run him at the 2 as well and he made a terrific combo with current LBJ in transition. The only downside was the lack of outside shooting they both provided. If you can afford it, I would suggest moving Gervin at the 2 spot (his size and defensive ratings make him a matchup problem for almost any SG out there) and pair him with TBT LBJ who has a decent 3 point shot.
I paired him with current LBJ which we all know is not a great bandhandler or finisher. Iceman would effortlessly get 30 points in offline games. much more lethal in transition than LBJ. I would imagine pairing him with TBT or MVP would be relentless in transition. one day I am gonna take a "budget" team in RTTP, no Diamonds...and the first two cards I will put in the lineup is GG and Moses....two Amethysts that play more like Diamonds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
Does anybody here use him? I picked him up with 15 Gold Badges for 40K in the auction house a few weeks ago and he's been a budget beast for me. I had sold my ASG Rick Barry for him and was concerned I would be missing his 3 point rating but Gervin's athleticism and driving layup and dunk ratings make up for not having high 3 point shot ratings. Every defensive rebound, Gervin is the first person down the court on the break. He has great free throw ratings too so if he gets fouled, it's a guaranteed 2 points with his 87 free throw rating. Plus when paired with another 2 guard that's just as athletic like a Gold T-Mac or Amethyst James Harden, you have a deadly force that can score. I'm experimenting with 2 guard that compliment him best and so far T-Mac is working out the most. I'm thinking of pairing him with Moments Klay Thompson. I'll see if I can snatch him up cheap this week with the new packs dropping. I'd like to see if anyone else uses the Iceman.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Try ASG Mitch if you can't afford Moments Klay. He is my favorite player this year. Fantastic shooting, easy release, faster than Klay, 96 driving lay-up and 85 strength
Old 04-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Try ASG Mitch if you can't afford Moments Klay. He is my favorite player this year. Fantastic shooting, easy release, faster than Klay, 96 driving lay-up and 85 strength
The Strength is huge for him to be a good defender against post-up guards and just simply stopping drives in general. Big buff to what are otherwise underwhelming defensive stats.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
The Strength is huge for him to be a good defender against post-up guards and just simply stopping drives in general. Big buff to what are otherwise underwhelming defensive stats.
I have locked down Diamond Wall, MVP Rose,Amethyst Westbrook and every other similar player.

I had issues only with Diamond MJ and MVP Kobe, but when I swtiched with LBJ he was ok guarding KD.

85 on-ball and pick n roll is just enough, but when combined with his strenth he is fantastic. He is also great in offense. He scores all wide open shots with easy release, plus when they deny him he buldozes inside with manual cuts using his strength and driving lay-up.

To me he is better than moments Klay with half the price and already badged up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »