Home

What to do in MyTeam without playing RTTP?

This is a discussion on What to do in MyTeam without playing RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 What to do in MyTeam without playing RTTP?

I'm at my wits end with RTTP after being stuck in the 3rd seed for ages and just coming up against people who play the game in the cheesiest, most exploitative way possible that's nothing like basketball (turbo fastbreak cheese over and over, constantly pump-faking and forcing my players to foul, quick pausing multiple times on free throws, etc etc.) that I'm over playing it but would still like to enjoy using the team I've built.

Other than gauntlet (don't find it fun and I'd rather just play MyPark), has anyone got any suggestions on how to spend time in MyTeam without playing Road to the Playoffs? I've completed all the (single player) challenges except the "Decade Challenge" which is just Hall of Fame CPU cheating over and over again, and have completed both Dominations.

Any suggestions on how to still enjoy some 5on5 gameplay in this mode, or am I pretty much done without RTTP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 12:55 AM   #2
Pro

Re: What to do in MyTeam without playing RTTP?

The replayability in MT is awful. Once you have beaten dominations, challenges, RTTP, there is no rewards. I would much rather get 5k or 10k MT for completing a 7 game series then get the reward card because then I could play the same series over and over with different lineups and generate more MT to further build my roster.

Pretty much the 600-1000 MT rewarded after each game will not even cover the cost of an all amethyst/diamond contracts for your team. I don't even know if it would cover the cost of an all gold lineup, forget about shoes. There is abosolutely no way to improve your team after you beat everything without spending money on buying packs or sitting on the AH trying to flip cards. It is a basketball game, not a stock market game, so I dono.

I think the only thing you can do is go back into certain challenges that don't require restrictions such as the we go 7-0 series, or the best of 80s or best of 90s series, and mess around with different rotations.

I am at the point right now where if 2k doesn't do a major overhaul to the MT mode next year I will not be playing it. I will go back to creating a custom dynasty league with historic players in it and playing 5 on 5 games vs the cpu that way.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover

Any suggestions on how to still enjoy some 5on5 gameplay in this mode, or am I pretty much done without RTTP?

Play With Friends

They're some ppl on this forum that feel the same way you do. Add them and play friendlies
Old 04-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Pro

I quit rttp a while ago after a bunch of those 0-0 losses, most after i already won the game. I figured why bother... I'd like amethyst ewing but it's not that serious.

Now, whenever i feel like playing some myteam, i simply play the "over the moon" challenge. Lineups are limited to 90ovr, i'd prefer 85 but it is what it is. And it's on all-star difficulty, i'd prefer superstar but it is acceptable. And of course it's online vs other users. The only problem of course is the waiting times for matchmaking. But, when you have the time to wait, it's much more enjoyable than unrestricted rttp seeds.

I just hope next year they have a similar restricted play now option for myteam. Or of course matchmaking based on team quality in rttp. Getting beat by ratings (or even worse, disconnects) instead of user skill is no fun. I'm extremely tired of diamonds and amethysts getting contested shot after cpu steal after contact layup etc while i'm bricking open looks and can't connect on an uninterrupted 10ft pass with my semi-normal roster.

Oh well, at least there's always mygm to fall back on.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:23 AM   #5
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I'm at my wits end with RTTP after being stuck in the 3rd seed for ages and just coming up against people who play the game in the cheesiest, most exploitative way possible that's nothing like basketball (turbo fastbreak cheese over and over, constantly pump-faking and forcing my players to foul, quick pausing multiple times on free throws, etc etc.) that I'm over playing it but would still like to enjoy using the team I've built.

Other than gauntlet (don't find it fun and I'd rather just play MyPark), has anyone got any suggestions on how to spend time in MyTeam without playing Road to the Playoffs? I've completed all the (single player) challenges except the "Decade Challenge" which is just Hall of Fame CPU cheating over and over again, and have completed both Dominations.

You could also play friendly tourneys. There are lot of people organzing tourneys in the twitter community. I think some OS as well. A small buy in make things more thrilling and rules like no turbo boost, no off ball etc make it acceptable even if on a low difficulty. You could also start your own tourneys with a OVR limit, im sure some in here would join.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »