Home

**Playoffs Luol Deng**

This is a discussion on **Playoffs Luol Deng** within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0
**Playoffs Luol Deng**

It's been quite some time since I wrote an in-depth review but Playoff Deng can not go unrecognized. His tbt bulls card was solid but his playoff card is NICE. I'm planning to do an all-time bulls line-up before 2k17 drops so he will stay in my collection. Deng can play SG, SF, and PF easily. He was always known as a do-it-all player (jack of all trades) and this card doesn't disappoint. Deng does everything good but his shooting and defensive stats are elite. Low post defense should be better but post play is rarely used in MT so its a minor weakness to me.

Defense:
Deng is solid on defense. He can put the clamps on in RTTP. I've experimented using him at SF and PF. At PF he's average. I wouldn't leave him alone with a strong dominant post player on an island though. He comes off the bench for me and does a great job anticipating passing lanes, staying in front of his man, and contesting shots. He's not athletically gifted but he seems to be in the right spot at the right time.

Offense:
Deng has one of the easiest shot releases in the game. It's smooth and green releases are frequent. If he's open, count it! I have moments Klay and having those two come off the bench is cheesy haha. It becomes a 3pt contest with those two on the floor. My DR Lillard gets a lot of assist and open looks due to the fact these two shooters can't be ignored on offense. I run pace freelance and Deng gets open a lot. I gave him brick wall, screen outlet and bruiser, so his screens are quite effective. On the fast break he's ok but no speed demon. His animations are good so chase down blocks don't happen often. I don't attempt dunks in traffic but layups are money, especially if you're patient. His playmaking is solid but don't try to use him like he's Kevin Durant or something haha. He's your classic 3&D guy who can grab rebounds and make all the hustle plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LegitSkillz; 04-29-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: **Playoffs Luol Deng**

Need to pick him up. Probably going to wait till they drop the next diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

he is pretty cheap already but I think he is gonna be cheaper, and thats when I will grab him
Old 04-30-2016, 06:28 AM   #4
QNo
MVP

I was super intrigued by him, but then they released Aminu, who's a crazy stretch 4.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I was super intrigued by him, but then they released Aminu, who's a crazy stretch 4.
You prefer AMY Aminu over our pal DYN Draymond? The shooting is nuts, esp with the 98 Off Cons. And he's a bit taller. But Draymond is still the better overall defender, stronger, and playmaker. Few more upgradeable badges, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
You prefer AMY Aminu over our pal DYN Draymond? The shooting is nuts, esp with the 98 Off Cons. And he's a bit taller. But Draymond is still the better overall defender, stronger, and playmaker. Few more upgradeable badges, too.
Dunno, haven't used Aminu yet. But he's certainly in the discussion.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Playoffs Deng is amazing. Excellent shooter and he's solid on the drive. I've found him to be an outstanding small ball 4. Defenses really have to respect his shot or he can light up. Not only that he's quick enough to take true 4s off the dribble when they're closing out, so he's not one dimensional on offense. And of course, he's a really solid defender, his length really helps on contests. I've found him to be decent in the post as well. The "hands up/jump straight up" contest works really well against guys in the post.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:13 AM   #8
Pro

Nice review.

I had him in my lineup for a couple days, he is really fun to use. I also enjoyed playing with the TBT version, all deng cards have been great for me because of his versatility and easy shot release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »