Home

MT Pack Pulls... Yet Another

This is a discussion on MT Pack Pulls... Yet Another within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MT Pack Pulls... Yet Another

In a single pull, we can get 2 coaches, 2 shoes, 2 playbooks, stadiums, contracts and badges.

But we'll never see two player cards....

How about themed specialty packs (i.e. Moments, MVP, TBT, etc) as an added incentive, regularly offering two player cards, thus slightly increasing our possibility in drawing a themed card?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
MVP

Re: MT Pack Pulls... Yet Another

I have stated on here that I was not going to buy 2k17 on day one and probably would buy it later when the game is cheap. after playing for the last week trying to get to reward MJ, I have been so frustrated that I have decided to skip it all together.

the climb to reward MJ is hard enough, especially with the Finals nearing an end and still a lot more players to be released...but what has really put me over the edge is the combination of packs and franchise rewards.

I had a clear plan when I came in this year to not play the AH as much and invest heavy hours in the game. I felt like us that play the game got straight ****ed with no vaseline.

First...in the past week, I have wasted about 90k on Playoff packs. Out of all that, I only got 4 Playoff cards. That burns me up. Why are the odds like this for themed packs? All I get is a bunch of current silvers. Thats it. I feel if its a playoff pack, most of the pulls should be playoff cards if not 40-50%. Its crazy that I opened one box and didnt get a single playoff card.

Next is the franchise rewards. Whoever is in charge of this should be fired. Ok, so I had to collect Historic MJ among other cards to get 3 VIP packs. Out of those packs I got current Lillard, current Demar, and some worthless silver. Didnt get any good badges. I completed the Rockets and I think that was 6 VIP packs. I completed at least 6 collections and packs are horrible.

This is a bad idea. There should be a player reward or something because it makes no sense giving out packs at this stage where people are just now beginning to be able to complete franchises as they have been holding all the player cards back.

Then the rewards....smdh. The best franchise reward is like 8 VIP packs. Cant remember the team. Then you have other rewards like 2 VIP packs. 3 League Access packs. 2 or 3 League Pass packs. Ridiculous. Some of these franchises have Diamonds in them. I think the Celtics has 3 Diamonds and the most you get is 8 VIP packs which are worthless. Some have Diamonds like T-Mac and only give a couple packs as reward. Some have expensive golds and amethysts like the Bulls and Lakers and they dont have a collection reward at all! That is UNACCEPTABLE. They could easily to an update right now and fix these collections, they can add more packs or players as rewards and they can fix the ones that have no reward. Tell me what is the incentive in collecting a gold or silver player who was just released in June and the franchise he belongs to doesnt have a reward?

Hopefully the effort will be there next year as it wasnt this year. Only then will I consider coming back to this mode.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I have stated on here that I was not going to buy 2k17 on day one and probably would buy it later when the game is cheap. after playing for the last week trying to get to reward MJ, I have been so frustrated that I have decided to skip it all together.

the climb to reward MJ is hard enough, especially with the Finals nearing an end and still a lot more players to be released...but what has really put me over the edge is the combination of packs and franchise rewards.

I had a clear plan when I came in this year to not play the AH as much and invest heavy hours in the game. I felt like us that play the game got straight ****ed with no vaseline.

First...in the past week, I have wasted about 90k on Playoff packs. Out of all that, I only got 4 Playoff cards. That burns me up. Why are the odds like this for themed packs? All I get is a bunch of current silvers. Thats it. I feel if its a playoff pack, most of the pulls should be playoff cards if not 40-50%. Its crazy that I opened one box and didnt get a single playoff card.

Next is the franchise rewards. Whoever is in charge of this should be fired. Ok, so I had to collect Historic MJ among other cards to get 3 VIP packs. Out of those packs I got current Lillard, current Demar, and some worthless silver. Didnt get any good badges. I completed the Rockets and I think that was 6 VIP packs. I completed at least 6 collections and packs are horrible.

This is a bad idea. There should be a player reward or something because it makes no sense giving out packs at this stage where people are just now beginning to be able to complete franchises as they have been holding all the player cards back.

Then the rewards....smdh. The best franchise reward is like 8 VIP packs. Cant remember the team. Then you have other rewards like 2 VIP packs. 3 League Access packs. 2 or 3 League Pass packs. Ridiculous. Some of these franchises have Diamonds in them. I think the Celtics has 3 Diamonds and the most you get is 8 VIP packs which are worthless. Some have Diamonds like T-Mac and only give a couple packs as reward. Some have expensive golds and amethysts like the Bulls and Lakers and they dont have a collection reward at all! That is UNACCEPTABLE. They could easily to an update right now and fix these collections, they can add more packs or players as rewards and they can fix the ones that have no reward. Tell me what is the incentive in collecting a gold or silver player who was just released in June and the franchise he belongs to doesnt have a reward?

Hopefully the effort will be there next year as it wasnt this year. Only then will I consider coming back to this mode.
This is all i have to show since october 2015. And the sad part is this is the goal i set since then. I just wanted pretty blue reward cards with gold ribbons.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum NoVa
This is all i have to show since october 2015. And the sad part is this is the goal i set since then. I just wanted pretty blue reward cards with gold ribbons.

In actuality, thats not a bad lineup and you can wax most of these scrubs with it. the problem is, the cards are disjointed in their release. KAJ, Pau, Majerle, TP, and Wade came way too late. Then the rest of the cards are flawed and pale in comparison to all the fantasy cards in the game. Pippen and Hardaway got done dirty. One of the best SF's in the game and one of the games most unique PG's yet that have some ****ty attributes. If you want to reward players, you shouldnt have it so someone can buy cards off the AH for next to nothing and be able to blow this team out of the water. Yet, thats what we have.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
In actuality, thats not a bad lineup and you can wax most of these scrubs with it. the problem is, the cards are disjointed in their release. KAJ, Pau, Majerle, TP, and Wade came way too late. Then the rest of the cards are flawed and pale in comparison to all the fantasy cards in the game. Pippen and Hardaway got done dirty. One of the best SF's in the game and one of the games most unique PG's yet that have some ****ty attributes. If you want to reward players, you shouldnt have it so someone can buy cards off the AH for next to nothing and be able to blow this team out of the water. Yet, thats what we have.
The time between these releases is how i lost my mt. Its hard to be patient when you dont know what to anticipate. Like when i was waiting for reward karl ray and wilkins i figure i can sell some cards to open packs and get the rewards but that left me assd out

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum NoVa
The time between these releases is how i lost my mt. Its hard to be patient when you dont know what to anticipate. Like when i was waiting for reward karl ray and wilkins i figure i can sell some cards to open packs and get the rewards but that left me assd out

I had semi-sniped All-Star Malone but got rid of him because there was no reason for me to keep him with a reward version coming out. Heh.
Ray is a step down from last year below avg athleticism ruined it for me. Then reward has same athleticism as Celtics which is like 10 years older. The reward for spending this year was far greater than for playing. I wouldve loved to play with some cards like Big Dog but he came way too late. I wouldve been interested in Dale Ellis, but he has all big man badges and tendencies, and they dont seem interested in fixing him. And the Black Market was a trash waste. The only thing it may be good for is getting Magic since ALL Star is so rare. Then again, the trials are ridiculous. Get 20 points and 20 rebounds with one player. It can be done but then you have to focus on the trial more than playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »