Home

bruh....is this not a money grab?

This is a discussion on bruh....is this not a money grab? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
bruh....is this not a money grab?

my team is basically forcing you to spend money on packs. making MT is non-existent. quicksell prices on players are actually lower than the minimum list price of any item. they tell us that they are giving us ways to earn players....which is true.....but these players in the collections arent gonna be worth anything in 3 weeks when they start to roll out historics and flashback players. then doing diamond collections are gonna be exponentially harder bc of the lack of MT. guys are gonna be listing cards for 20 and 30k just to finish sets.

bro....is it really that hard to give us legit ways to earn in-game currency? im not spending money on packs my G. they can hold this L on that ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: bruh....is this not a money grab?

Have you ever played any other Ultimate Team Mode? They all do this, 2K is going a different route with ratings which places more of an emphasis on the moments cards and cards released later in the year.

You can easily work the AH and use what they give you to have a competitive team all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 09-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #3
MVP

justlaze's Arena

playing the AH is the only way to make legit mt. I enjoy this mini game tbh. I sold certain cards for 9500 and got them for 500
Old 09-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Have you ever played any other Ultimate Team Mode? They all do this, 2K is going a different route with ratings which places more of an emphasis on the moments cards and cards released later in the year.

You can easily work the AH and use what they give you to have a competitive team all year.

updated. this is a money grab. the first week in, they've released ruby packs and bundles for $40 each. the first week. game not even out for a full week yet, and they are releasing card packs that has basically murdered the early market already. having to spend 2k for silvers was a good thing. 9k for emeralds. 13k for sapphires. that was a good thing. these packs have lowered the value for all cards....in week 1.

week 1.

bro they are setting this mode up to be failure. they could have at least waited 2 weeks to let the market grow. let MT circulate. Let the community establish value.

nope. week 1.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie

The packs are way too expensive. They should have let players buy boxes with MT. But other than that its not really that much of a money grab. I have a much easier time working the AH. Its actually quite simple this year, i am making a killing. And with the 100k MT buy now limit the cards will not be expensive. And the reward players are really good and plentiful and should give you a lot of good free players. But if you like to open packs and want to open packs, then i agree its a cash grab. I so far have not opened a single packs because the value for me is poor and i dont want to spend real money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco

This is inaccurate. In FUT at least you get Coins for finishing the divisions, while in MT you don't. If you play MTO you get the prize per division/league only once.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #7
Pro

When the packs disappear, the market should balance out a little bit. At least, historically that is what has happened.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #8
Rookie

great1zero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
This is inaccurate. In FUT at least you get Coins for finishing the divisions, while in MT you don't. If you play MTO you get the prize per division/league only once.
You can prestige after reaching the top seed in MTO and start over to earn more prizes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »