Home

Blacktop Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Blacktop Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Blacktop Discussion Thread

Figured this mode needs a dedicated thread because (1) it's new, (2) confusing, and (3) has many problems.

The main issue for me is that a lot of players are unusable because they have a quick or fairly quick release. You can't get Melo's shot down in Blacktop...I have Diamond David Thompson and I can't use him in this mode because it is literally impossible to shoot with him because of the input lag. I won close to 3,000 Gauntlet games last year (sad!) so I can safely say there's a big problem shooting the ball this year.

On top of that the game doesn't let you close out on shooters properly--it feels like your defender is walking in quicksand against a force field trying to run towards his man. I can live with fewer but bigger rewards this year but the game has to be playable and right now it doesn't work properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Blacktop Discussion Thread

I actually think the quicker shots are better with lag, because you do it by feel for the timing and aren't operating by any (lagged) visual cues.

That said, I have input lag in Blacktop. Same every single game. Doesn't appear to be a connection issue, as I get no dropped frames or teleporting or anything like that. Just, clearly, a lag in input. It's clearest when I try to "turn" before going out of bounds, but my guy runs out of bounds. Or, driving to the hole, try to make a kick-out pass at the last second but, instead, my guy just runs out of bounds.

And defense is rough if the opponent is at all crafty in his moves.

Even when I'm playing some newb without skills and beating him easily, it's almost too frustrating to play.

Really hope there's some sort of issue that causes this that can be patched. If Gauntlet is this bad, I can only imagine how Online 5v5 is.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I actually think the quicker shots are better with lag, because you do it by feel for the timing and aren't operating by any (lagged) visual cues.

That said, I have input lag in Blacktop. Same every single game. Doesn't appear to be a connection issue, as I get no dropped frames or teleporting or anything like that. Just, clearly, a lag in input. It's clearest when I try to "turn" before going out of bounds, but my guy runs out of bounds. Or, driving to the hole, try to make a kick-out pass at the last second but, instead, my guy just runs out of bounds.

And defense is rough if the opponent is at all crafty in his moves.

Even when I'm playing some newb without skills and beating him easily, it's almost too frustrating to play.

Really hope there's some sort of issue that causes this that can be patched. If Gauntlet is this bad, I can only imagine how Online 5v5 is.
Believe it or not 5x5 works great...with that said...blacktop is the biggest disappointment to me as far as 2k17. This mode of s absolutely unplayable trash that only gets you mad. Gauntlet was my go to mode in 2k16. I had close to s 1000wins. It was very responsive and I could lock down anyone playing on ball D. Blacktop is so unresponsive it's ridiculous..atrocious input lag on offense and impossible to play defense. I tried to like it ...I really did. I considered myself elite in the gauntlet but this **** is unplayable. I'm done with it. If they ever get rid of input lag I'll be back. Hopefully they are aware and working on it.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
Believe it or not 5x5 works great...with that said...blacktop is the biggest disappointment to me as far as 2k17. This mode of s absolutely unplayable trash that only gets you mad. Gauntlet was my go to mode in 2k16. I had close to s 1000wins. It was very responsive and I could lock down anyone playing on ball D. Blacktop is so unresponsive it's ridiculous..atrocious input lag on offense and impossible to play defense. I tried to like it ...I really did. I considered myself elite in the gauntlet but this **** is unplayable. I'm done with it. If they ever get rid of input lag I'll be back. Hopefully they are aware and working on it.
I started playing gauntlet very late in BA 2K16 but I was surprised that I truly enjoyed it but in 2K17 the players are non responsive and it seems impossible to shoot.

Fix this 2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever was changed up in 17 2K you need to go back to 2K16 coding, IMO.

Thanks......................
Old 09-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Agree with everyone about input lag. It is very ridiculous, all the shot timings are completely off. I haven't played MTO extensively but it's much better compared to blacktop in terms of input lag (except the annoying pro level cheese fest in the early seeds where it's easier to make 3s than layups no joke).

Another thing to add: what's up with the no blocking fouls called? If you're close to the sideline, the defender can literally bump you out of bounds n it's a turnover. This has got to change. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
Banned

Enso's Arena

**** sucks to hear this been so busy with domination haven't had a chance to check this out. Hopefully it's not as bad as you guys describe it.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #7
MVP

A few more observations after 75 games:

- now they give you 1 pick whether you win or lose
- the typical rewards are not worth the effort
- can't go back and forth between modes because the shot timing is so different it's hard to make the mental adjustment
- desperately need an option that tells your teammate to stay with their man and not help (same problem last year)
- corner three still abused (Ben Wallace made one against me)
- no option to quit and reset your team (I know people will keep resetting until they get good first teammates but that's why they should give you more picks the deeper you go)
- two technical foul cards moved me back from level 4 to 3 which seems harsh

Have to set this mode aside unless they adjust some things.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
A few more observations after 75 games:

- now they give you 1 pick whether you win or lose
- the typical rewards are not worth the effort
- can't go back and forth between modes because the shot timing is so different it's hard to make the mental adjustment
- desperately need an option that tells your teammate to stay with their man and not help (same problem last year)
- corner three still abused (Ben Wallace made one against me)
- no option to quit and reset your team (I know people will keep resetting until they get good first teammates but that's why they should give you more picks the deeper you go)
- two technical foul cards moved me back from level 4 to 3 which seems harsh

Have to set this mode aside unless they adjust some things.

Well said....can't change boards..I love when I picked up Steve Francis and had to wait 8 games before I could put him I've my gauntlet line up.....this absolutely ridiculous 3and centers made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »