Home

Fastbreak behaviour

This is a discussion on Fastbreak behaviour within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fastbreak behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
How is that Ruby White Chocolate?
Ruby? There's a Sapphire and Emerald. Sapphire I guess pullable if one is lucky in Historic Domination. Main difference is better Midrange shooting.

I've noticed, too, teammates behaving a little odd on the fast break. Not fading to the corner or running to basket but chilling in midrange.

Don't know if mechanics need to be fixed, but if/when they are sound, then a player's tendencies and one's team PoE should dictate how they behave during fast breaks.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Ruby? There's a Sapphire and Emerald. Sapphire I guess pullable if one is lucky in Historic Domination. Main difference is better Midrange shooting.

I've noticed, too, teammates behaving a little odd on the fast break. Not fading to the corner or running to basket but chilling in midrange.

Don't know if mechanics need to be fixed, but if/when they are sound, then a player's tendencies and one's team PoE should dictate how they behave during fast breaks.
Ruby is reward for Handles collection.

And whenever I run a fast break and don't end up shooting it, as I pull it back out I notice that the other 4 guys on my team are all inside the 3 point line below the free throw line. They completely took out the trail 3's that were so effective last year. Players seem to actively avoid being in useful positions in transition and semi-transition.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 10-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl

I swear I was seeing a Ruby Jason Williams in the handles pack advertisment

My POE are crash defensive boards because I play small, and I was giving many reboundsm but this was my way to go every previous yeards

AI teammates do not rush forwards and the defenders GRAB the defender.

I sometimes press Δ just for one of myplayers to cut towards the basket but again he will be grabbed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I swear I was seeing a Ruby Jason Williams in the handles pack advertisment
Oh, could very well be. I was just looking 2KMTC, but maybe they didn't update for Handles. Well, they have the collection but maybe not complete:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/collections/339/theme-handles

Only Ruby in the collection is Ruby Crawford.

I haven't seen big issues with Fast Break in general. I have been playing some significant minutes with smaller lineups with either AD or Dray at 5 and my team gets out and runs, though not necessarily with guys cutting the way I want them to.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #13
MVP

Ruby J-Will isn't in the collection, he is the reward for completing it
Old 10-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #14
MVP

justlaze's Arena

@rambaldi

As the others stated, fastbreaks are broken partwise, but still you can adjust PoEs to solve the problem in some way. Make sure to set at least adjustments to "run in transition". Also try picking a coach with "Get to the basket" instead of "Get shooters open". Both should impact CPUs behavior on the break.
I was having the same issues in the first week. Without PoEs sticking in the beginning, this was a total mess.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:48 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
@rambaldi

As the others stated, fastbreaks are broken partwise, but still you can adjust PoEs to solve the problem in some way. Make sure to set at least adjustments to "run in transition". Also try picking a coach with "Get to the basket" instead of "Get shooters open". Both should impact CPUs behavior on the break.
I was having the same issues in the first week. Without PoEs sticking in the beginning, this was a total mess.
Picking a coach with "get to the basket" though will impact more your normal freelance, especially if you play 4-1 like I do

I still believe that fast breaks are broken AND that defenders grab your ball handler and slow him down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #16
Rookie

Fast breaks are non existent. It's horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »