Home

How does 2k make the team overall rating ?

This is a discussion on How does 2k make the team overall rating ? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #9
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How does 2k make the team overall rating ?

so here are my 2 cents on the OVR rating system and the affect it has on MTO.

basically I jumped into MTO few days ago after I finished historic domination and witnessed getting paired with Ruby or Amy Tier players.

It was because I queued with a stacked team and no one under these higher tiers had such a lineup. well for me as a MTO starter this turned out pretty bad, because I got pushed around by more experienced players.

so what I did was creating the best possible dynamic duos squad on sapph/emerald/gold level in order to get paired with guys playing in the same tier.

Went with:

Wall / Curry / CP3
T-Mac / Thompson / Harden
KD / Kawhi
AD / Towns
Cousins / Drummond / DeAndre

Since then I haven't lost one game...

My point is that it is pretty easy to exploit this system by making use of these dynamic duos. you get paired with people in a similar rating system, but your cards perform way better than stats suggest and the system processes. I also felt sorry for a guy who had just few emeralds and mostly golds and didn't even had a slight chance.

so I guess this whole system needs a rethink and maybe a revamp.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #10
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
so here are my 2 cents on the OVR rating system and the affect it has on MTO.

basically I jumped into MTO few days ago after I finished historic domination and witnessed getting paired with Ruby or Amy Tier players.

It was because I queued with a stacked team and no one under these higher tiers had such a lineup. well for me as a MTO starter this turned out pretty bad, because I got pushed around by more experienced players.

so what I did was creating the best possible dynamic duos squad on sapph/emerald/gold level in order to get paired with guys playing in the same tier.

Went with:

Wall / Curry / CP3
T-Mac / Thompson / Harden
KD / Kawhi
AD / Towns
Cousins / Drummond / DeAndre

Since then I haven't lost one game...

My point is that it is pretty easy to exploit this system by making use of these dynamic duos. you get paired with people in a similar rating system, but your cards perform way better than stats suggest and the system processes. I also felt sorry for a guy who had just few emeralds and mostly golds and didn't even had a slight chance.

so I guess this whole system needs a rethink and maybe a revamp.
That's very concerning, especially since it still seems like you get matched up against players from different seeds and thus players that play with different sliders. I finally got 2k online to work on PC last night, turns out that certain graphics settings crash online games, even though they work fine offline. Played 2-3 games and got matched up against guys with way worse squads. Seems like the OVR restrictions aren't in place on PC, likely due to the much smaller player pool.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #11
MVP

I do not believe there are any line-up overall factor/ restriction on matchmaking either

I constantly play against diamond and ruby squads and my best player is Current LBJ. In top tiers, I very rarely play a team without at least one ruby or diamond

As i said in the past, matchmaking with overall would not be a smart view from economic pov for 2k, as people would not be motivated enough to buy packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
As i said in the past, matchmaking with overall would not be a smart view from economic pov for 2k, as people would not be motivated enough to buy packs.
Props for being in the higher leagues with current Lebron as your best player (he kinda sucks) but your 'opinion' is just wrong. You get a free Amethyst and Diamond for completing domination and Ruby players are pullable in the last few games of historic domination. Stop proclaiming that people with amethyst, ruby and diamond cards all bought ****loads of packs. It's just not true.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
Props for being in the higher leagues with current Lebron as your best player (he kinda sucks) but your 'opinion' is just wrong. You get a free Amethyst and Diamond for completing domination and Ruby players are pullable in the last few games of historic domination. Stop proclaiming that people with amethyst, ruby and diamond cards all bought ****loads of packs. It's just not true.
Lol man, are you a stalker or something? I am just confirming what Qno says.

Never said what you are claiming. You are constantly trying to twist words in your favor. I am done with you. Wite whatever you want

Last edited by kabamaru; 10-16-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

justlaze's Arena

No offense kabamaru but he has his point. You repeat it constantly that this is more pay2win than ever, but it's not true. Game gives you lot of opportunities to earn cards, also trading is very easy in AH. I understand when people get upset about the "pay" argument when they achieved a great squad throughout domination and some efforts in AH and not payed a buck. It is clearly possible to have a really good lineup without spending money. I also got upset a lot of times on arguments like "stack team only with credit card" etc. it's just false stating something like that.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
No offense kabamaru but he has his point. You repeat it constantly that this is more pay2win than ever, but it's not true. Game gives you lot of opportunities to earn cards, also trading is very easy in AH. I understand when people get upset about the "pay" argument when they achieved a great squad throughout domination and some efforts in AH and not payed a buck. It is clearly possible to have a really good lineup without spending money. I also got upset a lot of times on arguments like "stack team only with credit card" etc. it's just false stating something like that.
Why are you movingthis discussion to this thread as well? There is a specific thread for that. Nothing I discussed here has to do with this subject.

It seems your true and mine are just different.

There is no offense. I hope I am entitled to my oppinion though. Because it seems that I am not
All the above that you say "Game gives you lot of opportunities to earn cards, also trading is very easy in AH" happened in previous years as well

What has changed in this vs previous years?

You still got 91 Mullin and Kidd, and Pippen and Ewing and Clyde etc
And you didn't have to go unbeaten to get them

What has changed then?

Are packs more expensive than previous years? YES
Can you buy certain boxes with CASH only, while this DIDN't happen in previous years? YES
Are the current common cards worse in ratings than previous years? YES

Everything you say about rewards and AH may be true but it was so, previous years as well. I might say also that 2 years ago it was even better as you could get the award and sell the collection.

So nothing on what you say is "better" than previous years

So imo (if you allow me to have one) since AH and awards have remained more or less the same, while packs and current players have turned to worse, the game has become more pay to win

You both agree that packs are a money grab compared to last year, yet I don't see anything better in comparison.

Please let's close this matter, it has become very repetitive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #16
Pro

I Def need to make my team ovr lower. just in gold league and I'm going up against guys in sapphire league. The game plays different with the lag so playing more experienced players don't help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »