Home

Rookie Rewind Packs Incoming

This is a discussion on Rookie Rewind Packs Incoming within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rookie Rewind Packs Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Penny is rated 83 and he's already at ~7300 Buy Now on Xbox.
He'll drop even lower mark my words. He and Jason Kidd are pretty much guaranteed if you buy a 20 box which you definitely shouldn't. Just saw the stats and quite frankly not even the rubies are worth collecting from this set. Way overpriced.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #34
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
He'll drop even lower mark my words. He and Jason Kidd are pretty much guaranteed if you buy a 20 box which you definitely shouldn't. Just saw the stats and quite frankly not even the rubies are worth collecting from this set. Way overpriced.
Probably but he's actually gone up a little since I said that. 2K fixed his picture and I honestly think that had something to do with it, people probably put him up not even realizing it was Penny for cheap, his stats are actually quite good for an emerald 83 rated PG. I'll definitely be picking him up for my Domination run I'm making right now.

They might be overpriced but some of these cards are pretty nice, I know C-Webb is one people have been wanting for a long time so I'd get him just for that fact.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #35
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I want to be excited about these but 2K has been messing up historic players and current players in general for years, I took 1 look at the NBA 2K Reddit and found this: https://i.reddituploads.com/5136e57a...h=1536&w=1536&

I hope we aren't going to act like this is okay...and normally I'm not one to care how others spend their money but we really should all stop for a moment until 2K actually puts some effort into this mode and gets these cards right or AT LEAST the correct pictures.

I'm just really disappointed, especially considering how much VC these packs/boxes cost and you cannot buy them with MT at all.
I'd also like to amend this statement, according to someone on Reddit, the pictures for the cards showing up incorrectly was just an Auction House glitch. Not sure if it's true or not but I choose to believe it because 2K did fix the glitch or whatever was the issue rather quickly and now the players all have correct pictures.

Also, I used C-Webb in blacktop and he actually looks like he has a scanned face and looks just like C-Webb, some of the others look great too. They actually did a solid job with these.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #36
MVP

Everything will drop over the course of the next 24 or 48 hours. It almost never makes any sense to buy any cards from new packs on the AH until the packs are at least 24 hours old.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #37
Pro

Penny Hardaway, Paul Pierce, and KG are all really nice cards to use going for relatively cheap. I got them as my 3 reserve slots in my rotation right now.

Also I was excited to try C Webb for the first time in 2k and picked him up. I really didn't like him, his ft was a 52 with a difficult release. Posted him back up for sale now.

I don't think going for the Ruby MJ is worth it. The collection will cost over 300k and although 90 Post Fade seems sweet, his shot ratings are very low.

Pierce is definitely the best budget SF right now. He can shoot, finish at the rim, and has decent defense. Anybody who needs to add a SF in the 5k range to their lineup should definitely check out rookie Pierce.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #38
Pro

Anyone play with Kidd yet? Just grabbed him for 4K. Awesome playmaking, iq, and D stats.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #39
Rookie

I have opened 1/2 my 20 box and it seems we are all getting the same cards, go figure. I did get Isaiah Thomas, Kidd, and Penny so far. Can't remember the others off hand. Dunleavy was one, woopty doo. Looking forward to the rest. It is frustrating, but it is a lot of fun to hope and see.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon1999
I have opened 1/2 my 20 box and it seems we are all getting the same cards, go figure. I did get Isaiah Thomas, Kidd, and Penny so far. Can't remember the others off hand. Dunleavy was one, woopty doo. Looking forward to the rest. It is frustrating, but it is a lot of fun to hope and see.
You sound fresh to the addiction of opening packs. I've been working a extra couple hours a week at work so I can grab vc cards occasionally. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »