Home

Shaq, Iverson, etc.

This is a discussion on Shaq, Iverson, etc. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shaq, Iverson, etc.

I see on YouTube these guys with diamond Shaq, Isaiah Thomas, other historic monster players. How do you get these? Opening packs? These historic Utah and Warrior packs need to go. New packs should be available more often. I probably screwed up because I have bought boxes, and keep getting the same players. Blue Lebron, Curry, Brand, Westbrook over and over. Great cards but would like some historic players too. Do I need to wait for packs to come out, or just try to sell cards and buy others ? Sorry for the noob question, new to myteam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Shaq, Iverson, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon1999
I see on YouTube these guys with diamond Shaq, Isaiah Thomas, other historic monster players. How do you get these? Opening packs? These historic Utah and Warrior packs need to go. New packs should be available more often. I probably screwed up because I have bought boxes, and keep getting the same players. Blue Lebron, Curry, Brand, Westbrook over and over. Great cards but would like some historic players too. Do I need to wait for packs to come out, or just try to sell cards and buy others ? Sorry for the noob question, new to myteam
The cards that haven't had tbt packs yet are coming from the domination reward packs. People hunt all the Historics down for that team and bam. Either major $$ or time involved sniping. Just go thru the Collection and press X to search the auction house. Sometimes the same player, but from a different team, will pop up.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Just bought rookie rewind box. Opened half of it so far. 85 Isaiah Thomas, Penny Hardaway, DeAndre Jordan, Jason Kidd....so far. Will update when I get to finish. Can't remember all. Gotta get kids to.bed 😑
Old 10-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

If you want "monster" cards, you need to do more than just opening some packs.

You can start going for the collector grind for example. There are decent rewards, but you must get to 1600+ cards. There is a diamond Grant Hill and Bernard King waiting. Soon it's going to be possible to pull off Pink Diamond Jerry West (at 2000) if they start to throw moments cards on the market.

Other than that you can lock collections and redeem rewards. Especially the historic collection has really nice ones - just as the diamond shaq you mentioned. Unless the TBTs aren't out for a certain collection, all the content comes from historic domination packs...so you can end up paying really lot of MT. I've seen Sapphire Historic Magic cards sell for 300k MT, just as an example.

Besides these options, finish historic domination for a diamond reward or try to finish MTO or BlackTop for other diamonds or pink diamonds.

I honestly love how 2K is rewarding really good players and the grind aswell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »