Home

Cheapest collections to finish?

This is a discussion on Cheapest collections to finish? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3
Cheapest collections to finish?

Which collections have you finished and approximately how much were they? I started myteam pretty heavily about two weeks ago.

I finished these Hornets collection for around 15k for 15 players.The prices on Hornets bronzes are insane. I had to try for a few days but i found a Brian Roberts for 950 BIN on the refresh when most were going for 4.5k+.
I finished the Bucks collection for 10 or 11k for 14 players. Thon Maker was by far the most expensive player here when i got him for 3k.

I dont have a ton of good cards so the Derrick Coleman and Bob Lanier were a big help to my lineup.

Approximately how much did it cost for some of your collections and were the rewards worth it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Cheapest collections to finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwb917
Which collections have you finished and approximately how much were they? I started myteam pretty heavily about two weeks ago.

I finished these Hornets collection for around 15k for 15 players.The prices on Hornets bronzes are insane. I had to try for a few days but i found a Brian Roberts for 950 BIN on the refresh when most were going for 4.5k+.
I finished the Bucks collection for 10 or 11k for 14 players. Thon Maker was by far the most expensive player here when i got him for 3k.

I dont have a ton of good cards so the Derrick Coleman and Bob Lanier were a big help to my lineup.

Approximately how much did it cost for some of your collections and were the rewards worth it?
Basically it depends if the Historic cards have been released or not. It is clear that Hornets will be expensive as the TBT historic Hornets has been released and Larry Johnson is a very solid reward

There are some pretty solid collections BUT if you don't target a specific diamond I wouldn't go for the collections

What is the point of paying 30K for a current collection awards, when moment cards are resaleble cheaper and better.

Imagine in one month
Old 11-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Pro

I think the LJ only one that's worth the crazy amount I spent for him, everyone else could be replaced once better moment cards come out.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
I think the LJ only one that's worth the crazy amount I spent for him, everyone else could be replaced once better moment cards come out.
Agreed.

I have even regreted collected D.Harper.

I could have got same more or less outcome from a 3k Penny

Larry Johnson though is special card. Can play as stretch PF with good shooting, but also as post PF. He can defend, rebound, he is fast enough to run the fast break. I am not sure that there will be something similar in the near future.

Last edited by kabamaru; 11-03-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Agreed.

I have even regreted collected D.Harper.

I could have got same more or less outcome from a 3k Penny

Larry Johnson though is special card. Can play as stretch PF with good shooting, but also as post PF. He can defend, rebound, he is fast enough to run the fast break. I am not sure that there will be something similar in the near future.
Yep he's legit perfect, high rebound stat, easy shot release, very high strength so it help against the taller players he would face, then if you a park player he got the cheesy normal one hesitation, step back move which get him crazy space for a shot. As far the Harper no need to regret, he was a good backup early in the game but I would understand the anger that someone cheaper is way better than what you paid for him. The best advice I can tell everyone is just save your MT, that way when the player you want with corrrct stats you require you can be able to afford easily when you have 200-500k MT saved up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Derek Harper is a much better defender and slightly better shooter than Penny Hardaway. Plus Harper has better default badges, more added badge slots, and one of the quickest running crossover animations in the game.

Harper's definitely worth unlocking, as are Peja Stojaković and Doug Christie. I still use all three guys in my MTO rotation.

I don't recommend using any of the other current day collection reward players in MTO games except maybe Shane Battier if you're desperate for defense and don't already have the free Michael Cooper and Dennis Rodman reward cards.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-04-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:56 PM   #7
MVP

BJ Armstrong is highly underrated, Szerbiak however its spelt and Deron Williams are both quite playable as well, Schrempf is probably the best of them all if you have Ruby Hibbert
Old 11-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Schrempf is probably the best of them all if you have Ruby Hibbert
True, but getting that Ruby Hibbert is not cheap at the moment, so Peja remains the best option at stretch four unless you have that Hibbert.

Quote:
BJ Armstrong is highly underrated
50 lateral quickness completely kills that card and makes it unusable online. He's not staying in front of anybody at the PG or SG position. Gold Daniel Gibson is a much better scoring point guard who can dunk, shoot threes, and play solid defense.

Quote:
Szerbiak however its spelt and Deron Williams are both quite playable as well
That Deron Williams is a decent card but I don't like the hitch at the top of his jump shot animation and his defense is nowhere near as good as Derek Harper's.

My number two reward card PG behind Harper is actually the Trail Blazers Kenny Anderson because all of his animations are so smooth and he has an insane dunk package for some reason.

Wally Szczerbiak plays nice defense and can drive the ball pretty effectively but his jump shot release has a horrible animation that's incredibly difficult to time online.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-04-2016 at 06:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »