Home

I tried to bring up transition defense to the devs...but this...

This is a discussion on I tried to bring up transition defense to the devs...but this... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I tried to bring up transition defense to the devs...but this...

So even Sam Pham is a bit upset with the AI logic on transition defense. Players just get lost at times....for no reason. I've tried to bring this up to the devs but they've just not taken a look at it, even after the new patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPI9lDOo_No

also, transition offense still needs a look. Shawn Marion should not be sprinting to the 3-pt line on an open fastbreak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Re: I tried to bring up transition defense to the devs...but this...

Yeah certain aspects of this game are just broken this year and I fear there's no patch to fix them. Transition on both sides of the ball are just horrible. What's the point of having the Lob City Finisher badge on Marion if he floats out to the 3 point line on 2-1 fast breaks?

I'm glad that someone as respected as Sam Pham is finally starting to get mad, because many times when you bring these issues up on this forum people just tell you that you suck at the game.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
Pro

Don't know why the removed easy to understand poe like attack the basket. Worked and made sense your guys would go to the hoop.

I still don't understand most of the defensive settings, straight up, shrink the floor, stay home. At least explain what they all do differently. Is there something to check the explanations cause there's too many options and I don't know half of them.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
So even Sam Pham is a bit upset with the AI logic on transition defense. Players just get lost at times....for no reason. I've tried to bring this up to the devs but they've just not taken a look at it, even after the new patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPI9lDOo_No

also, transition offense still needs a look. Shawn Marion should not be sprinting to the 3-pt line on an open fastbreak.
So true.... When playing Domination against the CPU, human team takes its time going back w/ backs turned.

Also, really sly and ironically slick, when I score against CPU in Domination, game will pan up to a super-high side-court camera view of which when the 2K camera resumes, CPU's defense is in place.

Additionally seen, after my team scores, camera will occasionally pan to the mid-court circle (focusing on emblem) for no reason and when 2K view is restored CPU-defense is waiting for my team to bring the ball up-court. In so many words, CPU's transitioning gimics are quite contrary to the human-controlled teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »