Home

Domination Peculiarity and a Lesson Learned...

This is a discussion on Domination Peculiarity and a Lesson Learned... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Domination Peculiarity and a Lesson Learned...

On several occasions including two recent Domination games against current Warriors, CPU team team would freeze shooting even though down by only 5-6 with about 20 seconds left. Warriors did not go all out to win.

In each case, I needed 2-3 free throws to reach 10. I assumed (sad I know), Warriors of all teams, would throw up three-balls. No.... they pass it to Zaza who passes it to Curry, etc., who passes to another and the clock expires. So against the Warriors, I lost advancement due to free throws not reaching 10.

My conclusion is that winning the game is secondary to 2K's CPU (i.e. programming) when it comes down to me advancing. Literally and sadly CPU goes belly up. If Warrior cheese doesn't work, belly up....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Domination Peculiarity and a Lesson Learned...

At end of game situations, the CPU sometimes will not shoot unless the player they pass it to is both a shooter, and behind the line. Until then, they play hot potato. Even if they pass to Steph, the AI doesn't think to dribble behind the line, they are looking for a catch and shoot 100% of the time. That's in any mode.

I say that to say, I feel you lol.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
MVP

Yes, I've encountered frustration at times when I *want* them to score because I know I need OT to get enough MT. After spending the whole game being offensive animals, they suddenly get tentative, stupid, and incapable.

If you need them to score, you can foul until in the penalty so you give them free throws...which, frankly, they might botch too. You can also call timeouts until you have no timeouts left...and then still call timeouts, with each time you do that resulting in a technical foul shot for the CPU.

It doesn't sound like you were trying to let them score, but it sounds like you were trying to sag off to give them open threes so that they wouldn't eat up clock and you could save time for your offensive possession. It's better to just foul until in the penalty if you need more possessions for fulfilling the Free Throw and 3 Point requirements.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Unhappy Re: Domination Peculiarity and a Lesson Learned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yes, I've encountered frustration at times when I *want* them to score because I know I need OT to get enough MT. After spending the whole game being offensive animals, they suddenly get tentative, stupid, and incapable.

If you need them to score, you can foul until in the penalty so you give them free throws...which, frankly, they might botch too. You can also call timeouts until you have no timeouts left...and then still call timeouts, with each time you do that resulting in a technical foul shot for the CPU.

It doesn't sound like you were trying to let them score, but it sounds like you were trying to sag off to give them open threes so that they wouldn't eat up clock and you could save time for your offensive possession. It's better to just foul until in the penalty if you need more possessions for fulfilling the Free Throw and 3 Point requirements.
Actually, i proved my thoughts in a previous game where each time my man got close to the ball, I would immediately drag him into the paint; the ultimate sag-off. So I know they'll do this when I need free throws or three's. Those are the 'bonus' scores that can effect scoring quite a bit sometimes.

It looked so weird, watching the Warriors down by 4-5 points (20 seconds) and they take the air out of the ball....

BTW: Next match, Warriors lit me up 12/19 3-balls. I actually had up to a 17 point lead in the early part of the 3rd quarter. A tinge of irony....
Old 11-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
At end of game situations, the CPU sometimes will not shoot unless the player they pass it to is both a shooter, and behind the line. Until then, they play hot potato. Even if they pass to Steph, the AI doesn't think to dribble behind the line, they are looking for a catch and shoot 100% of the time. That's in any mode.

I say that to say, I feel you lol.
+1 That's what I saw. Ironically, Curry wouldn't dribble nor step behind the 3-point line. I pulled his man off of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »