Home

Useless Badges

This is a discussion on Useless Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0
Useless Badges

I know we have a badging thread, but I thought we could start a different one specifically for badges we have found that rarely activate and are a waste of a slot to warn others off.

For me, my main regret is badging Shawn Marion with Chase Down Artist. I did this in an effort to prevent turbo cheese up the court, but I have literally never seen this badge activate. And with the way fast break AI is so messed up this year, this badge is a total waste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Useless Badges

I feel the same way about my rim protector badge on David Thompson. He has 85 block and a decent block tendancy, but he might as well be mugsy bogues when someones trying to dunk on hi cuz he doesn't do s*** about it
Old 11-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
I know we have a badging thread, but I thought we could start a different one specifically for badges we have found that rarely activate and are a waste of a slot to warn others off.

For me, my main regret is badging Shawn Marion with Chase Down Artist. I did this in an effort to prevent turbo cheese up the court, but I have literally never seen this badge activate. And with the way fast break AI is so messed up this year, this badge is a total waste.
Just thinking about this today because I have it on Deandre and I swear it never worked.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

I can honestly say in playing 2k on PS4 for three years now, I don't think I've ever taken a charge once. So my vote goes for Charge Card. Honorable mention to Pick Dodger. It seems to trigger the animation for me, but then I'm still vacuumed into the pick.

Also, I would say that there are badges whose animations I get only in single player. I have Rodman and Mikan at the 4/5, and they have amethyst and gold Hustle Rebounder respectively. They do self-tip and evasive rebounding moves in domination games that I have yet to see, even against silver tier players, in MTO. But that may just be a small sample size.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Good thread, I just got Jerry Lucas don't want to make the mistake of putting bad badges on him

What's the word on postspin technician and dream like up and under, not very useful?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Dream like Up and Under is great for post scores, in fact I'd say both of those badges are must haves for a post scorer. I've seen them both activate frequently.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Would you guys consider Pick Pocket useless on somebody like Kawhi with a 71 steal?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammgod97
I can honestly say in playing 2k on PS4 for three years now, I don't think I've ever taken a charge once
Really? I wouldn't say I take them often but it's definitely not a rare occurrence for me. Especially with the amount of players that just turbo up and down as fast as they can it's pretty easy to step in front of them and hold circle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »