Home

Better reward

This is a discussion on Better reward within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Better reward

Looking ahead when I beat blacktop already have Ben Wallace who should I choose and why I'm torn 1) tony Parker 2) Gail goodrich 3) David Thomson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Better reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeythebigboss
Looking ahead when I beat blacktop already have Ben Wallace who should I choose and why I'm torn 1) tony Parker 2) Gail goodrich 3) David Thomson
I would take Tony Parker. I think none of these guys will be your preferred player at their position for long, but I think he has the greatest longevity, aside from Ben Wallace. And he actually has greater chance of being your starting PG than Wallace has being your starting C.

I mainly chose Wallace over TP because I know that, at some point, I'm going to have a Curry or an Oscar, at least, whom I prefer over TP.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeythebigboss
Take Thompson and turn him into a Point God... thank me later
Old 12-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #4
Pro

roboas's Arena

I have parker/wallace. If i could redo, i'd have wallace and either goodrich or harry potter.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I have parker/wallace. If i could redo, i'd have wallace and either goodrich or harry potter.
Interesting. What would you do with Mikan given you have Sabonis? Backup Center?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 11:55 PM   #6
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Interesting. What would you do with Mikan given you have Sabonis? Backup Center?
I have Diamond Shaq, Sampson who are more of my style inside, so I didn't really need Mikan. But if I was just finishing dom / blacktop, didn't have a deep bench, and needed the best player available, i'd do Mikan in a heartbeat. He is incredible all around center and is one of the few that isn't hurt by his height. Whenever I go up against him in MTO i am impressed. He can score via a variety of moves or hit jumpers, and his defense is really nice. I just like my guys more because I want to get the standing dunk. Mikan can get some of those, but not at the same frequency.

Goodrich is really nice. Look at his intangible badges - he has all the ones you want. Sure, he's small, but he can be a legitimate PG if needed or just be a lurking SG. His defense is reasonable. His dribble moves/stepback are really good.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:23 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
But if I was just finishing dom / blacktop, didn't have a deep bench, and needed the best player available, i'd do Mikan in a heartbeat. He is incredible all around center and is one of the few that isn't hurt by his height. Whenever I go up against him in MTO i am impressed. He can score via a variety of moves or hit jumpers, and his defense is really nice. I just like my guys more because I want to get the standing dunk. Mikan can get some of those, but not at the same frequency.
That makes sense. He definitely makes immediate impact. And I also have a roughly favorable impression from times I've faced him.

My issue with him is long-term...I cannot imagine playing a Center who is 6'10" and who has 48 Acceleration and 40 Lat Quickness...and 61 Shot Contest.

Quote:
Goodrich is really nice. Look at his intangible badges - he has all the ones you want. Sure, he's small, but he can be a legitimate PG if needed or just be a lurking SG. His defense is reasonable. His dribble moves/stepback are really good.
I've never played him, so I have no idea on animations and dribbles. I get what you're saying w/r/t him playing PG and very nice personality badging.

84/84 Spd/Acc could be fixed with a shoe. I like that he has 64 Strength. And that he has great Contested/Off-Dribble from 3. From the numbers, I'd prefer TP still, but I haven't played either.

All of these guys are, no matter what, Diamonds. So they're all very good in a general sense. All, I think, much more useful than last year's Amethyst Pippen.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
Pro

Parker a beast, his dribble animations not the best but all you have to do is momentum crossover and then his speed boast dribble and he's fine, slap gold limitless range and he's basically curry, his shot release one of the easiest in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »