Home

Blacktop Beasts

This is a discussion on Blacktop Beasts within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Blacktop Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to players effectiveness specifically in MTBT so I thought it'd be a good idea especially since I don't tend to run my best guys due to contracts. Everybody knows about the shooters Q-Rich, etc. Or the lower tiered ball handlers (Kyrie & Dame) But I want to shed some light on some lesser known guys

Ben Simmons: Man oh man, the first time I used this card in BT, it made me sad that we wouldn't be getting any moments versions of him this year. Every time I use him, I pray that I don't draft a center. At 6'10, he's the perfect big man. He gets a lot of blocks for me & he grabs every rebound and despite his seemingly low SWB rating, he gets up the court with the ball faster than anybody I've used and he always finishes at the rim with a dunk and his post hook is super effective. Of course his only negative is his awful 3 ball, but with that said I bring you my second pick.

Thon Maker: Thon is essentially the same player with a few trade-offs. He's obviously slower (Still faster than almost every big), but he has a respectable outside shot. He also makes up for being a weaker finisher with his ability to get more boards and blocks due to his height.

Michael Cooper: OMG. I hate this card in MTO. He is an afterthought in every lineup I've ever run him in. His stats just don't seem to translate for me in MTO, but in MTBT!!! He is ridiculous. He turns into an AND1 mixtape. He is elite at running the break or taking guards off the dribble. His layup animations are so cheesy (THAT EURO!!!) and he can drill the 3. His defense also comes in handy when facing other elite guards. & Lastly
+1 to Ben. I have really good luck in BT w him. And dont be sad about no Moments card...he is due back very soon.
http://www.slamonline.com/news-rumor...vtkBRdM7MIi.97

Cooper? His effectiveness for me in MTO is not based on his stats. I put him on any dominating offensive cheese player at the 1 or 2, and Rodman on anyone at the 3 or 4 I struggle with. When I dont have him in my lineup, I regret it. Every time. But different strokes for different folks.

As far as Blacktop goes, I would imagine Cooper to be a stud. He has a nice release, decent hot zones, and is a lockdown defender.

Anyone with a 3pt above 85, decent speed, and a tolerable release can be a BT beast. I find that there is very little consistency with specific players performance in BT. I can have a BT game where Steph goes 7-8 from downtown, and then the next game, he's 1-6. In MTO, I find there is more time to turn around a cold player or streak.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #10
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

cooper is my mofo.. i love that dude in all modes. hate using lebron in pretty much all modes.

my overpowered 84 kenny anderson (reward for completing blazers collection) is amazing. he is good.

zach lavine looks to be a nice cheese player for everyone.

j.j reddick is another good one.

rewards robert horry is a good one.

moments sapphire lilliard has done well for me... actually all the damien's.

jrue holiday wasn't bad for me but i sold him.

im interested to see what lower tier people players pick because now im strictly going grind blacktop and dont care if i win or lose as much as play for cheap.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:23 AM   #11
Rookie

Daniel Gibson is great. A gold player who can finish at the rim and has an A+ 3-point rating. I haven't tried Gerald Green, the Suns version, but I imagine he's great as well.

Darius Miles, the emerald version is also good. He is a great slasher but can hit 3's as well.

Picked up T-Mac yesterday, so going to try him. But he's not really that cheap, bought him for 10k. Francis is a cheat code but his contracts cost a lot so might replace him.

I don't really like Horry in blacktop, he's too slow for me.

I'll probably try to run a lineup with Gibson, G. Green, Marvin Williams (gold), Porzingis, Ben Simmons, T-Mac, Klay, CJ McCollum, Jay Williams, Emerald Zach. Cheap contracts and players which are fun to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Looking forward to seeing what Wilkins can do in BT once I finish his set

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »