Home

For myTeam, do you use the shot meter?

This is a discussion on For myTeam, do you use the shot meter? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
For myTeam, do you use the shot meter?

For years I have turned off the shot meter but left on shot feedback. This year I've put a lot more time into myTeam than ever in the past.

I find myself getting frustrated at missing a lot of open 3s despite running a lot of good shooters and working for open shots. I get a decent number of A-,A, A+ releases but very few full green ones.

I noticed some online videos where people are using the shot meter.

I'm wondering if I'm in the minority at not using it? And how common is it really to get full green releases?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: For myTeam, do you use the shot meter?

In previous years, I usually ended up turning off the shot meter. This year, even though we can have shot meter off in game and on during free throws, I've been leaving it on and using it. I think it might be better to go off animations instead of the meter but I play such a wide array of guys regularly (25+) that I don't feel comfortable without the meter.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:22 AM   #3
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
In previous years, I usually ended up turning off the shot meter. This year, even though we can have shot meter off in game and on during free throws, I've been leaving it on and using it. I think it might be better to go off animations instead of the meter but I play such a wide array of guys regularly (25+) that I don't feel comfortable without the meter.
Yeah, diversity of guys used in MyTeam means I leave the meter on, once I've shot with them a couple of times I ignore it and focus on the hands of the player shooting though.

Nothing worse than spotting up from 3 for the first time with a new player and being caught off guard with a completely unexpected shooting motion, lol
Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
MVP

I like the feedback, I leave it on, I also play with the play diagrams on
Old 12-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

I've always had it on but after going through a shooting slump recently I turned it off and I'm shooting better with my regulars. But if I have a new player I need it back on or I can't make a shot at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #6
Pro

Ive always used it. Im surprised at all of you that dont.

Personally, with the input lag online, Id rather watch a big bar to gauge my shot than nuances of a player's hands/wrists/arms. That just me. Because I truly do understand that it can be more of a distraction than anything. Its just how ive always played.

Maybe Ill try playing without it on and see if that makes me not suck anymore. Highly unlikely, but worth a shot.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
MVP

In the past, a lot of people swore that, online, shooting was better by animation because "the meter lags." Never understood how the two could be asymmetrical.

Think it was just that, without the meter, one paid less attention to precise quality of release and more attention to rhythm, contesting, and the results themselves being points, not perfect releases.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Think it was just that, without the meter, one paid less attention to precise quality of release and more attention to rhythm, contesting, and the results themselves being points, not perfect releases.
For me, this has absolutely been it. I'm better at timing my shot looking at someone's arms and the ball than I am looking at their feet. I also do less anticipating of the shot meter and more react to what my player is actually doing (especially on shots where your player takes an extra second to set his feet before shooting). And when the shot meter is obscured in traffic it doesn't impact me nearly as much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »