Home

Diamond rewards vs moments

This is a discussion on Diamond rewards vs moments within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Diamond rewards vs moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Which ratings are considered intangibles?

Interesting topic....

Its a miscellaneous attribute
Old 01-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Total attribute points isn't a good way to compared cards that play different positions. Different attributes weight more when calculating a overall rating for each positing. A PG playmaking impacts his ovr more than his post scoring. If you look at Stockton's attributes he has a 25 for all his dunking and post scoring. Those ratings have little impact on his overall rating. That's why a card like Rip can have more total attributes but have a lower ovr by 4.
While the impact part is true, this was a random example (both can play sg) and i wouldnt say the impact of strenght and dunking abilities for a pg justifies the huge discrepancy in ovr points. Magic is the best PG in the game IMO and not really a good shooter but excellent post scorer. Westbricks dunking ability is very valuable for a PG.
If you take the Sapphire Deron Williams, who is a 86 OVR, he has exactly the same rating points as the 92 rated Stockton, so i would argue they toned these newer theme cards down to push moments cards. Same with Magic, its obvious they are holding back rating points to squeeze more money out of kids.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-02-2017, 11:08 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
If you take the Sapphire Deron Williams, who is a 86 OVR, he has exactly the same rating points as the 92 rated Stockton, so i would argue they toned these newer theme cards down to push moments cards. Same with Magic, its obvious they are holding back rating points to squeeze more money out of kids.

That's a perfect example why total attributes is irrelevant. You have to compare them by attributes that are vital to their position. The dunk rating has little impact on a PGs overall rating, so does post scoring, post defense and rebounding.

D Will has a + 20 in driving dunk, + 33 in post control, + 17 in post hook, + 48 in post fade, + 19 in blocks, + 11 in post D and + 48 in strength. Those ratings aren't important when calculating a PGs overall rating. This is why he can have the same amount of total attributes and be 6 overall point lower than Stockton. Who has the advantages in the ratings that impacts the PG overall rating greater (speed, perimeter shooting, perimeter defense & playmaking).

You should ignore total attributes when comparing cards overall ratings and look at the ratings vital to their position.

I think they're trying to push theme cards and tbt cards more than moments because packs are more expensive for the former.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
That's a perfect example why total attributes is irrelevant. You have to compare them by attributes that are vital to their position. The dunk rating has little impact on a PGs overall rating, so does post scoring, post defense and rebounding.

D Will has a + 20 in driving dunk, + 33 in post control, + 17 in post hook, + 48 in post fade, + 19 in blocks, + 11 in post D and + 48 in strength. Those ratings aren't important when calculating a PGs overall rating. This is why he can have the same amount of total attributes and be 6 overall point lower than Stockton. Who has the advantages in the ratings that impacts the PG overall rating greater (speed, perimeter shooting, perimeter defense & playmaking).

You should ignore total attributes when comparing cards overall ratings and look at the ratings vital to their position.

I think they're trying to push theme cards and tbt cards more than moments because packs are more expensive for the former.
again, i think it depends on the player type. You would agree post and strenghts stats are very important on a PG like Magic, dunking on Westbrook. Not every PG is a pass first type of player or a a shooter.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 01-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Here is another example: Ammy Moments Harden has3765 ovr points vs Stockton 3359. While Stock is better on defense and +5 playmaking, the Harden card is not even comparable any more. IMO there is no way to explain this with weighting for the position. Its just an OP card.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 01-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
again, i think it depends on the player type. You would agree post and strenghts stats are very important on a PG like Magic, dunking on Westbrook. Not every PG is a pass first type of player or a a shooter.

Yes in game, not when calculating overalls. They aren't player type within a position that use a different formulator to generate a overall rating.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #15
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

I don't know if you guys noticed but it looks like they updated maybe some historic diamonds. I noticed when checking Cp3 he now has purple Pick and roll maestro. He should have had Dimer but at least it's something. Still doesn't have very many badges though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I don't know if you guys noticed but it looks like they updated maybe some historic diamonds. I noticed when checking Cp3 he now has purple Pick and roll maestro. He should have had Dimer but at least it's something. Still doesn't have very many badges though.
As far as I know, he had this hof Pnr since the beginning

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »