Home

Old 01-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help PLease

Hi Guys , I about ready to uninstal this game from my Xbox One as its driving me crazy , maybe im expecting too much from myself after a short time.

So basically I am rubbish at shooting I have tried both the stick and the X button but i am not getting it , I am doing domination , I done the first 3 fine the 4th the Nuggets I have done honestly 30 times I am no where near beating them , the best is getting beat by 11 the other night. The weeklies I am at the down by 10 win and get 8 assists they beat me too. So i need to get the fundimentals right which I am not doing

The game is excellant it looks superb and presentation is awesome I dont want to give up but rageing at a computer game is silly and that where I am

I can do rookie level fine but pro is a problem

My team is (to give you an idea that its my bad playing is)

Mo Williams PG 85
Bradley Beal SG 81
Kawhi Leonard SF 83
Josh Smith PF 88/ Dirk PF 79
Pau Gasol C 85

PLease help give me any tips you feel can help especially shooting which I seem to be heavy handed on

Cheers

Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Help PLease

How is your shooting in Freestyle practice mode? Turn difficulty to All Star. If you can shoot good percentage, unguarded in that, then your problem is getting open looks.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Hi thanks for the reply

I havnt tried that , i think its a bit of both , but will practice on that , if its getting open looks is it down to patience or starting to actually run plays
Old 01-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickythumbs
Hi thanks for the reply

I havnt tried that , i think its a bit of both , but will practice on that , if its getting open looks is it down to patience or starting to actually run plays
I imagine your issue is getting open looks...creating them.

Running plays is one way. Or following freelance actions.

The other basic way is to run P&R, and also with 1-on-1 post-up play. These two require some learned skill to do, so you just need to practice.

A good way to practice all the above is in Scrimmage or Practice Plays mode in 2KU under the Options menu.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

one thing that changed the way i played years ago is i don't shoot with anyone unless they are in their hot zone or wide wide open... in reality you need to watch how some of these players play in real life because then it is easy because they will make most of same shots in game.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for all the tips guys , been on freestyle for 40 mins im hitting shots now , so onwards will wait for looks

Thanls again will keep this topic open for an update

In the UK its difficult to get to see NBA its not on TV but the internet will help for that bit

Cheers

How about them Cowboys "TheHennessyWilliams"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »