Home

The removal of line up restrictions

This is a discussion on The removal of line up restrictions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The removal of line up restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdonnie
At least give us some lineup restrictions for Weekly Challenges! It would be so fun to have to do accomplish something with Silvers only or something.
Yeah, I remember those. They turned that line up restriction requirement into a money maker. Now you have to use the AH to buy a crappy Rick Barry card you don't want to complete challenges.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
MVP

Well, all of this was supposed to be addressed with matchmaking. It was supposed to be that you'd get matched with someone with similar OVR, or some equivalent balance of OVR and record (skill).

I can understand, on PC, the population being so low that we end up getting mismatched matches because the alternative is no match at all.

But I'm surprised that good matches aren't being made on PS4, at least.

Theoretically, one should be able to play with a Gold and Silver team on PS4 and be matched up with the same. Though I guess, even on PS4, maybe one would have to wait for some period of time before a match is made.

I guess one thing that would help would be to have controls in matchmaking latitude be included in MyTeam, like there is in PlayNow Online. Be able to say that you're willing to be matched with teams X extent above/below your team (in terms of, maybe, OVR brackets).

What would also be good is to have a control for how long one is willing to wait before allowing system to match you with someone outside of your desired parameters.

Maybe there are people who really want to play with low OVR teams and who are willing to wait 15 minutes for an appropriate match...but the system, after 5 minutes of waiting, makes the decision for the player that the wait has already been too long.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Well, all of this was supposed to be addressed with matchmaking. It was supposed to be that you'd get matched with someone with similar OVR, or some equivalent balance of OVR and record (skill).

I can understand, on PC, the population being so low that we end up getting mismatched matches because the alternative is no match at all.

But I'm surprised that good matches aren't being made on PS4, at least.

Theoretically, one should be able to play with a Gold and Silver team on PS4 and be matched up with the same. Though I guess, even on PS4, maybe one would have to wait for some period of time before a match is made.

I guess one thing that would help would be to have controls in matchmaking latitude be included in MyTeam, like there is in PlayNow Online. Be able to say that you're willing to be matched with teams X extent above/below your team (in terms of, maybe, OVR brackets).

What would also be good is to have a control for how long one is willing to wait before allowing system to match you with someone outside of your desired parameters.

Maybe there are people who really want to play with low OVR teams and who are willing to wait 15 minutes for an appropriate match...but the system, after 5 minutes of waiting, makes the decision for the player that the wait has already been too long.
This is what happens when you leave it to 2k to decide matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #12
Pro

Bi00's Arena

PS4 matchmaking is in effect and working. The problem is a number of factors make it less efficient and then you have prestiged players messing it up further.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
PS4 matchmaking is in effect and working. The problem is a number of factors make it less efficient and then you have prestiged players messing it up further.
I don't know what servers are you on but inthe European ones of PS4 there doesn't seem to be any restriction, except the difficulty setting you are on

I was in PD league running a Harper/T-Mac/emerald Klay/Horry/Gold DeAndre team and played against tonnes of Diamond teams even Justlaze from the forum

I stopped, and played Domination, and picked a Larry Johnson in the process, but was still overmatched in top leagues as I was with very weak bench.

With the release of more cards, I still played the same guys but I managed to prestige

Now I am on Sapphire league. In the process I have played various opponents from 1 Ruby,3-4 sappires and emeralds, to guys with locked Dream team collections.

If there is matchmaking, i never see it. In the meantime I am playing SAME european guys I used to play in previous years.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #14
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Lineup restrictions should definitely exist it'd solve a number of issues.
  • One is people would actually care about lower tiered players as something other than filler toward the collection rewards. Why do I care about moments Troy Daniels having a 96 3PT if I can use Ray Allen from jump? I'd actually be interested in a Kyle O'Quin upgrade if I'm stuck in a gold league.
  • It'd also increase the challenge of prestige-ing. Passing the PD league using a 99 OVR team full of badged out legends then going back to a 75 OVR team of guys you may not even know are in the league.
  • It solves anybody ever complaining about equalizer squads because it'd increase the chances that you're playing somebody with a team OVR closer to yours. You can't blame equalizer if both teams are actually equal.
  • It motivates you to play more because if you want to use that PD Timmy you're likely gonna have to reach at least the Sapphire league to build a team around him.

Another thing I would like to see is a salary capped mode. Players assigned dollar amounts by tier. It's boring to constantly be in a rat race to field the greatest team of all time. I want something more interesting. Will you spend all your cash on a Big 3 leaving only enough money for marginal support or will you build a team full of B-C level players that has more balance. There's so much they can do with this mode that they just aren't doing and can literally just be copied from MUT. I'd love to see a Draft Champions-esque mode in 2K.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
That's good to hear. There should be some sort of criteria that doesn't have prestiged players with low OVR teams matched up with newbies.

So, on PS4, are you able to play a mix of, say, Silver, Gold, and Emerald and expect to get matched up with the same? That would be cool.

I would be happy just to get games more or less on demand, but if I could get games with OVR somewhat balanced, then I think I will pick up a PS4 just to play this game, next year.

Much more fun than playing the never-ending game of reaching for the newest, highest-rated cards that obsolete everything that came before, I'd like to have a team of real-life favorites that I use all the time. Might end up being something like a 93 OVR team or high 80's or whatever, and if I could be matched up with roughly the same, most of the time, that would be fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #16
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the way it is now is fine.

I would like to see a salary cap mode though so some of the lower tiered cards have use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »